Can anyone give me the lowdown on VHT Pittbulls?

stephen sawall":1pz43q4m said:
The Deliverance has this amazing punch. More than any other amp I have tried....and just a big sound.

I could not agree with this more; the D60 is wicked punchy and massive sounding when wound up......but then I got a Splawn QR drob+ and it had an even bigger sound.....and then I got a Wizard and now both the D60 and the Splawn are gone. The D60 is so awesome though!!! Slight vintage voicing for metal/rock if desired, but like Racerxrated said can go modern too. AMAZING amp and it will be missed :rock: So many great amps!

The UL can do wicked modern heavy in its own way (not ultra-overly saturated modern) but don’t be fooled, it does a great vintage, hard rock and other tones.

It wasn’t even designed with modern metal in mind, it just does it so well it sort of morphed into “what they do.”

I've had (in order) the 50/ST, a classic 2x12 combo,4 ultraleads(one and a spare for me and a friend) and a D-120 with loop.

THEY ALL KICKED ASS!!!

Still have and ultralead and a D-120.

Haha... i have most of the pittbull collection being said the UL is the tightest of all...hence lately the Maxwatt has taking me looking at... and a Wizard MC2 or MTL

ChurchHill":1vujsqfb said:
Might want to look at the 50/ST. The earlier version were the same as the EL84 based 45. The later version is EL34 based. It's not as high gain as the others, closer to a boosted DR504. It's got a little AC30 flavor, along with the Hiwatt character, not as bright as a Marshall. It's got the class switch (A or AB) and the enhance mode (tube/ss rectifier). It's still pretty tight, but it blends really well with other amps. It does mid-gain stuff really well, gets up to maybe early thrash levels of gain, but not so much for the modern stuff. Clean channel's really nice, too, and the reverb is one of the nicer ones I've heard.

:thumbsup: That's a good sonic assessment. The Pitbull 45 1x12 combo amp with EL-84 power tubes that I owned for a couple of years was a great combo amp that has the tone that you mentioned in your posting. Very much Hi Watt sounding with a good mid gain overdrive and a great clean channel. I disliked the footswitch and tried an Axcess Electronics GRX-4 switcher which I didn't like at all.

Guitar George

Back