eBay’s deceptive feedback.

psychodave

I purchased something on eBay and it was missing a part. I asked the seller to refund me a small amount so I could replace the part. The seller refused. After going back and forth a few times I informed the seller I’m done and will provide honest feedback. The seller told me if I left a negative feedback they would get it removed. So I left a neutral feedback and said the item description was 1 Star. All of the other areas were 5 stars. I looked today and saw the neutral feedback was removed. I called eBay and they looked at the transaction and notes and felt my neutral feedback was appropriate. However, eBay WILL NOT put back my feedback. They said once it’s removed it will never be put back. Talk about deception! eBay did advise me to respond to the positive feedback left for me and say the seller was a bad. Still, what good is feedback if fair and honest feedback is left?

The only thing that makes this good was that I got the item for a crazy low price...which is probably why they didn’t want to refund any money. :LOL: :LOL:

That’s super weird.

Reverb won’t let me leave negative feedback at least for a seller. It says to contact them but when they’re still a jerk I just can’t leave feedback...

That’s deceptive that Reverb won’t allow you to negative feedback someone.

In my case I called eBay and told them the seller was going to remove my negative feedback. They told me he couldn’t. So I left it, and they removed it. Liars.

You're only option really is to file a claim for "Item not as Described" Return it for refund. When you ask the seller for a partial refund and and the seller refuses you have no recourse but to accept it or file the claim. Leaving negative, or even neutral, only goes so far as you saw.

glip22":27v7zx6o said:
You're only option really is to file a claim for "Item not as Described" Return it for refund. When you ask the seller for a partial refund and and the seller refuses you have no recourse but to accept it or file the claim. Leaving negative, or even neutral, only goes so far as you saw.

They actually sent me money back... it after I left the neutral feedback. I didn’t want to return it the price was too good to pass up.

I AM MINE 79":1v1ufi8i said:
eBay seems to be pro seller more then the buyer from what I have seen.
How's that so?
As a seller, you cannot leave negative feedback to a buyer after he paid and then suddenly shit ensues from their side...

So a buyer could buy something, pay for it, receive the item (in working order), claim it doesn't work and file for an unwarranted refund, threaten to leave the seller negative feedback, and STILL the seller cannot leave negative feedback at that point.

That's why a lot of sellers these days only provide positive feedback to a buyer AFTER the buyer has provided positive feedback first.

Both with eBay and PayPal, it can be quite a scammer's paradise...
Then again, sellers can be scammers too...
Scott Brignell from Canada still owes me $100 bucks for a never-sent vintage MXR Micro Chorus. (Yes, I don't forget after 13 years... :uzi: )

Back