***Update***:Need some advice on a transaction

What's the name of the guy in San Antonio? He's local to me. The location from the ebay seller was New York.

If he used paypal credit, you may have trouble getting a paypal refund, since they'd be taking the loss from the buyer who isn't paying the debt. Hopefully your bank intervenes on your behalf.

harddriver":8m46yawv said:
That's good that they charged the amount to your BOA card. Now you have BOA involved in an internet fraud case. You need to forward all your contact BOA open a case and send them all you correspondences with Paypal, Reverb and Ebay and all you pics. They should hopefully side with you and do a charge back on Paypal, you pretty much have all the proof you need to get a charge back in my opinion. Paypal/Reverb(they are not off the hook, they have this guy's info and address) and Ebay then would have to go after the Ebay seller of you amp.

You obviously have a name and address where this was shipped to right?

Since BOA is involved I think you have a chance at getting your money back, if they had pulled it out of your Bank account you would be screwed. If you planned that by forcing them to pull it from you BOA credit card it was a smart thing for you to do.
When this happened to me they pulled it from my bank, I then went to the bank and told them it was an unauthorized transaction that I did not approve. They clawed my money back within an hour. No problem.

Yeah man, I have BOA, and every time I've had a unauthorized transaction, they get my money back. Sounds like the criteria was not met, and you never authorized it.
So fuck Paypal, ebay, and reverb.

Racerxrated":j9jdshk3 said:
harddriver":j9jdshk3 said:
That's good that they charged the amount to your BOA card. Now you have BOA involved in an internet fraud case. You need to forward all your contact BOA open a case and send them all you correspondences with Paypal, Reverb and Ebay and all you pics. They should hopefully side with you and do a charge back on Paypal, you pretty much have all the proof you need to get a charge back in my opinion. Paypal/Reverb(they are not off the hook, they have this guy's info and address) and Ebay then would have to go after the Ebay seller of you amp.

You obviously have a name and address where this was shipped to right?

Since BOA is involved I think you have a chance at getting your money back, if they had pulled it out of your Bank account you would be screwed. If you planned that by forcing them to pull it from you BOA credit card it was a smart thing for you to do.
When this happened to me they pulled it from my bank, I then went to the bank and told them it was an unauthorized transaction that I did not approve. They clawed my money back within an hour. No problem.

As Racerxrated states above, after you present your case to BOA you should demand that they do a charge back to Paypal. Because they broke the terms of the return agreement that was in writing it should be incumbent upon them to attain the money back from the buyer after it is returned to you first. They are just trying to get out of an already bad situation and want to take the fall and hope you don't fight it. My god the criminals are beginning to have more rights than the law abiding in this country. :thumbsdown:

“What's the name of the guy in San Antonio? He's local to me. The location from the ebay seller was New York.”

In reference to the seller being from New York, I’m not seeing that anywhere. See pic below. Says ships from San Antonio:
0FKqf6h.png

Here’s a pick of the house I shipped the amp to
mA0arz9.jpg

Finally, the Reverb Order that shows who this deadbeat is for anyone who may have the unfortunate circumstance of doing business with this loser!
B9oxZd4.png

LanierP":3as2ais2 said:
I decide to search eBay to see if any Mesa 395 PowerAmps were up for sale, or had been sold; and there’s this:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Simu ... cvip-panel
THIS IS THE GUY! THIS IS MY AMP! The fucker sold it on eBay 2 weeks after getting a refund!
There’s no question this is my 395. The scratches on the front match. The screw rash is the same on the rack ears, and the seller is in San Antonio, Tx!
So now, maybe I DO have some recourse here. Couldn’t I report the amp stolen to San Antonio police department? He didn’t take a picture of the serial # in his eBay listing(probably on purpose), but I have a picture of the serial #, and plenty of pics of the amp that show that they are one in the same. What do you guys think is the best way to handle this. I SO want to burn this guy for putting me thru this shit!
Sorry for the dissertation guys; any advice is greatly appreciated. Reverb has left me high and dry. Paypal has left me the same. Hopefully there is something I can still do here to get some justice!!
Len

I misunderstood. When I clicked that link it says the guy is in Planview NY. But I missed this at the top of the page...

"The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you."

mhenson42":26yv07c3 said:
Looks like a different name at that address per tax records. This person bought the house on 3/14/18

ORLANDO BETANCOURT
5807 BRAMBLETREE ST
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78247

http://bcad.org/clientdb/Property.aspx?prop_id=676054

I had my fiancé do a background check on him at her work (she’s head of HR & has access to a very in depth background search software used for new hires). This address was not listed as an address related to him, so he probably had the amp sent to this address so he’s not ‘shitting where he eats’ so to speak. What she did discover is that Fernando has a wrap sheet. Theft, Domestic Disturbance-Impeding Airway (a 3rd degree felony!) and a host of other items. Also has been thru about 20 different phone #’s in the last 5 years.
If the bank can get me my money back, I’ll be fine, but part of me wants to get the cops on this guy. My ideal scenario is my money back and the amp returned, with this guy busted. A long shot I know. This whole thing has just really chapped my ass!
Len

LanierP":5uwrbe6g said:
mhenson42":5uwrbe6g said:
Looks like a different name at that address per tax records. This person bought the house on 3/14/18

ORLANDO BETANCOURT
5807 BRAMBLETREE ST
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78247

http://bcad.org/clientdb/Property.aspx?prop_id=676054

I had my fiancé do a background check on him at her work (she’s head of HR & has access to a very in depth background search software used for new hires). This address was not listed as an address related to him, so he probably had the amp sent to this address so he’s not ‘shitting where he eats’ so to speak. What she did discover is that Fernando has a wrap sheet. Theft, Domestic Diaturbance-Impeding Airway (a 3rd degree felony!) and a host of other items. Also has been thru about 20 different phone #’s in the last 5 years.
If the bank can get me my money back, I’ll be fine, but part of me wants to get the cops on this guy. My ideal scenario is my money back and the amp returned, with this guy busted. A long shot I know. This whole thing has just really chapped my ass!
Len
See if you can find out if this shithead is on probation for the previous stuff..you might have an even quicker recourse through his agent.

You know, maybe this seems like a bad or quite small consolation, but in the end there's still KARMA. Something similar happened to me, too (fortunately with a much smaller sum of money that I lost) a while back on eBay (with me being the seller and never receiving my item, having paid by bank transfer, long story...). I wrote to eBay, went to the police, both without any success, so in the end, after being furious and feeling utterly helpless for some time I just thought to myself: "in the end it will finally come back on this piece of sh*t who took my money" At least I have a clean conscience and can sleep at night. This guy probably can't.

hatecase":1w2wucoy said:
You know, maybe this seems like a bad or quite small consolation, but in the end there's still KARMA. Something similar happened to me, too (fortunately with a much smaller sum of money that I lost) a while back on eBay (with me being the seller and never receiving my item, having paid by bank transfer, long story...). I wrote to eBay, went to the police, both without any success, so in the end, after being furious and feeling utterly helpless for some time I just thought to myself: "in the end it will finally come back on this piece of sh*t who took my money" At least I have a clean conscience and can sleep at night. This guy probably can't.

You underestimate the potential for scum to lack a conscience. This loser probably sleeps just fine.

This is all garbage who ruin it for everybody else who know better. This lame will learn the hard way and that way is without mercy. So sorry to hear this Len and the forum is here for support. Plenty of good people here for that. Stay positive and you will prevail.

exo-metal":27e5pgux said:
This is all garbage who ruin it for everybody else who know better. This lame will learn the hard way and that way is without mercy. So sorry to hear this Len and the forum is here for support. Plenty of good people here for that. Stay positive and you will prevail.
Thanks brother. RT has always been my go to for getting support and advice on issues like this. There are some great people here who have been thru similar issues and situations, and the advice I have received here has been very helpful. I do appreciate everyone’s take and recommendations regarding my ordeal with this and will most certainly return the favor if I am able to contribute.
Len

Racerxrated":g4bvmzl3 said:
Ebay/Paypal aren't supposed to release the refund to the buyer until the amp is proven returned through tracking, or so I thought? How could they give the buyer his refund without first proving you received the amp back? This is the process last I knew....

So did paypal have an answer as to why they released these funds before the merchandise was returned to you? As this is stated that is the policy? Didn't see a reply on this as to why they released the funds before the tracking was confirmed u had received the amp back. They sent him money without proper procedure. Seems that should be unlawful and they are responsible if they indeed took money from your bank account before this was confirmed returned? What's the reply from paypal as to why they did this?

Beandust":14ukowxa said:
Racerxrated":14ukowxa said:
Ebay/Paypal aren't supposed to release the refund to the buyer until the amp is proven returned through tracking, or so I thought? How could they give the buyer his refund without first proving you received the amp back? This is the process last I knew....

So did paypal have an answer as to why they released these funds before the merchandise was returned to you? As this is stated that is the policy? Didn't see a reply on this as to why they released the funds before the tracking was confirmed u had received the amp back. They sent him money without proper procedure. Seems that should be unlawful and they are responsible if they indeed took money from your bank account before this was confirmed returned? What's the reply from paypal as to why they did this?

I think it was said above that the guy bought with paypal credit, so no money would have ever gone back to him regardless. It would have been applied to the balance of his paypal credit account. That's the issue here. Paypal pulled the money to cover their loan to the buyer who was obviously not going to pay them - therefore they'd stick the loss on the seller.

mhenson42":1waeeifh said:
Beandust":1waeeifh said:
Racerxrated":1waeeifh said:

I think it was said above that the guy bought with paypal credit, so no money would have ever gone back to him regardless. It would have been applied to the balance of his paypal credit account. That's the issue here. Paypal pulled the money to cover their loan to the buyer who was obviously not going to pay them - therefore they'd stick the loss on the seller.

Exactly correct. He used Paypal credit, and actually wouldn’t have had to make a payment for 4 months if the transaction had gone thru without any problem. When he opened a case against me with Paypal, my Paypal account went into a suspended status until a resolution to the case is made. I called and spoke with paypal and stated that I will refund the buyer in full on the condition that 1.) the buyer show proof that the merchandise has been returned with a tracking #, and 2.) that the buyer provide to me pictures of the amp from all sides(front, back, sides, top, and bottom). Paypal said ok, we will relate your info to the buyer and get back to you with a result. The next day, my bank account was debit’d the 850$ and the case closed.
Every call I have made to Paypal has resulted in the ‘run around’ on their end. I even had one lady tell me that most shippers don’t want the item back, as it is too much hassle and not worth it! My last conversation with them was a week ago that they were going to put in a request to re-open the case. And still nothing from them. I’ve grown tired of dealing with Paypal, getting all red faced over the phone with them over this time and again. Going the BOA chargeback route right now. We will see what happens. If this fails, I’ll have my Lawyer buddy send them a letter.

LanierP":2znacd0t said:
mhenson42":2znacd0t said:
Beandust":2znacd0t said:
Racerxrated":2znacd0t said:

Exactly correct. He used Paypal credit, and actually wouldn’t have had to make a payment for 4 months if the transaction had gone thru without any problem. When he opened a case against me with Paypal, my Paypal account went into a suspended status until a resolution to the case is made. I called and spoke with paypal and stated that I will refund the buyer in full on the condition that 1.) the buyer show proof that the merchandise has been returned with a tracking #, and 2.) that the buyer provide to me pictures of the amp from all sides(front, back, sides, top, and bottom). Paypal said ok, we will relate your info to the buyer and get back to you with a result. The next day, my bank account was debit’d the 850$ and the case closed.
Every call I have made to Paypal has resulted in the ‘run around’ on their end. I even had one lady tell me that most shippers don’t want the item back, as it is too much hassle and not worth it! My last conversation with them was a week ago that they were going to put in a request to re-open the case. And still nothing from them. I’ve grown tired of dealing with Paypal, getting all red faced over the phone with them over this time and again. Going the BOA chargeback route right now. We will see what happens. If this fails, I’ll have my Lawyer buddy send them a letter.

But even so, in writing as per their own policy I still cant see how this is legal for Paypal to do this! Proof of taking funds from you without proof of you receiving the merchandise back is all sorts of illegal regardless of what funds the buyer used to purchase. :confused: :confused: Makes me almost want to reach out to a lawyer myself cause someone jumped the gun giving him funds from you without proof of return delivery, which was EXACTLY the process of what I went thru a few years ago. :doh: I would have your lawyer buddy write them a letter asap explaining the facts and threatening a lawsuit. Forget their idiot customer service reps at this point. This should be cut and dry once their legal team sees this. Thats who I would deal with thru your buddy.

This is the reason why I never sell anything worth over a few hundos online. I like people to be within shooting range for higher valued items, just in case they wan't to pull some shit.

Back