Torpedo Reload match function problem?

SrrwdMn

Hey,

a couple of months ago i bought a torpedo reload. Im loving it, but there is one thing that still bothers me and i cant find any solution.

I have set up the reload the "full setup" way and it seems that going this way the di signal hitting the amp has a much lower level than plugging the guitar directly into the amp.
I made a test recording and the difference in somewhere between 3 to 5db.

I always thought the match function should eliminate this kind of problem, but in my case it apparently does not as i have matched the signals so that the green "ok" led is flashing.

Any help is appreciated, maybe im getting it wrong the whole time;)

greetings

Hi SrrwdMn,

are you saying that with the MATCh knob maxed out, your track normalized in your DAW and the output level of your audio interface maximized, you still are lower than the guitar? That's very, very weird, audio interfaces have a high output level usually.

Hey Guillaume,

thanks for your reply:)

The Replay knob is almost maxed out so that the "ok" Match LED is flashing when playing.

Im using a scarlet 18i20 2nd gen. Both channels, the "DI Signal Input" channel as well as the "DAW Playback" channel for reamping are set to 0 in the focusrite control app. In cubase the DI track is also set to 0. Why should i maximize my interface output level? I thought when the "ok" Match LED is flashing im good to go as the incoming and outgoing DI signals should have the same level?!

Sorry I think I was misled.

yes, when OK is led, you should have the same level (within a couple dBs, not 5dB)./

Could you tell me how you have to set the MATCH knob to get closer to the level with your guitar direct into the amp?

Also, how do you compare both signals (guitar direct and guitar-daw-replay) as you must be playing differently?

Back