New VH2 owner with a question

splatter

Can I please get a tube layout for this amp? The loop seems really weak and I would like to change the tube .

Also, How do I get V1 out. Its so far down I can't grip it to pull it out. I started to pull the guard of but I was afraid if I did there might be a nut on the underside that would come off and then I wouldn't be able to put it back on. SEE PIC
kygkYjXl.jpg

Ummm… not sure. I've heard seen a tube sit so low in it's socket unless it was a really uncommon tube (the 6C10 tube in a Fender Super Champ, for example). Have you pulled the chassis? BTW, I think you're right... there are usually nuts on the bottom of the bolts that attach the tube shields to the chassis. Loose metal parts just do not get along at all with high voltage electronics.

Just remove the 2 small screws. The loop level is not too weak.
It works also for pedals. The volume knobs should be around
12 o clock to get a proper send level.

Best regards,
Peter

I’m not using pedals ,I’m using a fractal FX8. I’ll try adjusting the output on it today.

Is V1 used for both channels?

Peter Diezel":3b75w4yx said:
Just remove the 2 small screws. The loop level is not too weak.
It works also for pedals. The volume knobs should be around
12 o clock to get a proper send level.

Best regards,
Peter

I posted in the other thread wondering about this. Is this a design that would potentially decrease tube vibration/rattle?

I spent the day with the amp and my Fractal FX8 and I retract the "loop seems weak statement" I just had to get the Fractal set up for this amp.

Back