Ozzy and Zakk NO MORE TOURS II ...see it?

IntenseJim

Any R/Ters seen the latest Ozzy tour? Curious on review. I have tickets and am taking my sons to the show at the MGM in Vegas in October; Stone Sour is opening.

I haven't but I would. Just never got close enough to see without taking time off work, and that's proven to be difficult lately. I've seen Ozzy probably 10 times or so. Some shows were better than others, of course, but it was always a great time!

IntenseJim":2omulfx2 said:
Any R/Ters seen the latest Ozzy tour? Curious on review. I have tickets and am taking my sons to the show at the MGM in Vegas in October; Stone Sour is opening.

That is great! Took my kid to Alice Cooper awhile back. Good to show the youngsters how awesome our bands still are and how badass the show is compared to newer shows. :)

aftec":1d6bnk9l said:
I've seen them this summer, Oz should really stop performing.
Yeah I am at a point where I will remember Oz live from about 15 years ago. Much like KISS, I can not drop coin for a live show.

JerEvil":3mozq7tu said:
aftec":3mozq7tu said:
I've seen them this summer, Oz should really stop performing.
Yeah I am at a point where I will remember Oz live from about 15 years ago. Much like KISS, I can not drop coin for a live show.
I Youtube'd a recent Ozzy Zakk show. Yikes. :no:

But we did see KISS last year and they KILLED IT. I was skeptical but my son (then 25 years old) really wanted to see them, to my surprise. They went all out: it was 1970s all over again.

ALICE COOPER ...that man is amazing. Great show last year as well for a performer of any age. He's my dad's age . :rock:

Saw him in Nov. It was pretty embarrassing. Zakk was a nightmare to watch too. But at least it was the Ozzfest/Knotfest show where I was able to see Kreator, Testament, Death Angel and Exhumed among others.

slaveunit":teyscco2 said:
Saw him in Nov. It was pretty embarrassing. Zakk was a nightmare to watch too. But at least it was the Ozzfest/Knotfest show where I was able to see Kreator, Testament, Death Angel and Exhumed among others.
:LOL: :LOL: + :aww:

Oh well.

slaveunit":3ao8bvxb said:

I remember seeing Zakk with Ozzy in the early 2000's. I had seen Holmes play the time before that and he was awesome. The kid in me was a bit disappointed because i always associated Zakk with Ozzy. Got to see him the second Ozzy show I went to and I left early. It was just pinch harmonic squealies every song. Annoyed the shit out of me. Since then, he has only gotten sloppier and his tone is garbage now. They also tune too low and the songs drag. The whole train literally has derailed.

Going next Friday the 28th here in Houston. I've got meet and greet with Ozzy for my wife and I before the show and I have meet and greet for myself with Zakk after the show. He's giving me a guitar he plays that night during the show when I see him. He signs it and takes a pic with me. I think I get to bullshit with him for few. Pretty excited about it. I know Ozzy sounds like shit (Saw him twice with Sabbath last year) and Zakk is a shell of what he was from No Rest For the Wicked and No more Tears, which I saw both of those tours, but I'm a huge Ozzy fan and I was a big Zakk fan as well. It's going to be a fun show. One last party with the Madman is the way I'm looking at it. I'm not going in to judge Ozzy's vocals or nitpick how many pinch harmonics Zakk does. I just want to rock out to the music I loved growing up and still love.

victim5150":2s4t2z53 said:
I just want to rock out to the music I loved growing up and still love.
x1000!! I grew up listening to Sabbath. I remember the day Randy died. I remember everybody hating Jake because he wasn't Randy. I remember when Zakk joined the band. More importantly, I remember losing my virginity while listening to War Pigs. ;)

There are a lot of bands who are still touring that honestly shouldn't be. But there are fans that are willing to pay to see them, anyway. We all have guilty pleasures... :yes:

I saw Ozzy last night and it was way better than expected. Stone Sour did a great job.
It would be great if Zakk would tone down the wankery............But that's not gonna happen! :LOL: :LOL:
The last time I saw Ozzy was when Metallica opened for him in 86/87. I'm Glad I went last night :rock:

Kapo_Polenton":2pxi2s25 said:
slaveunit":2pxi2s25 said:

I remember seeing Zakk with Ozzy in the early 2000's. I had seen Holmes play the time before that and he was awesome. The kid in me was a bit disappointed because i always associated Zakk with Ozzy. Got to see him the second Ozzy show I went to and I left early. It was just pinch harmonic squealies every song. Annoyed the shit out of me. Since then, he has only gotten sloppier and his tone is garbage now. They also tune too low and the songs drag. The whole train literally has derailed.

Joe Holmes, amazing talent with incredible tone, his Jose modded Marshalls!

Everything thing I have seen on you tube of this tour has basically sucked but Given this will be the last time to see Ozzy (assuming he comes to New Zealand) I will go and see him. Haven't seen him since the Ozzmosis tour so long over due. I saw the last Sabbath tour but missed the Dio/sabbath tour and have regretted that so will soo Oz one more time regardless

Watched a few clips... i actually feel bad for Zakk now! Tuned down to sludge and Ozzy barely talking through the songs. Hang it up already! Apparently Zakk was his fifth choice for guitar player. He had Gillis, torme, Jake, and Gus ahead of him. They all saw how boring it would be to play the set so they said screw it.Smart.

Kapo_Polenton":3ofoqkgi said:
Watched a few clips... i actually feel bad for Zakk now! Tuned down to sludge and Ozzy barely talking through the songs. Hang it up already! Apparently Zakk was his fifth choice for guitar player. He had Gillis, torme, Jake, and Gus ahead of him. They all saw how boring it would be to play the set so they said screw it.Smart.
Yeah, Brett Kavanaugh got offered the part and said f' it. I'll for SCJ position.

Back