Ozzy and Zakk NO MORE TOURS II ...see it?

I saw the show in Cleveland just 3 days ago. Ozzy’s voice held up really well though he did lose the melody on Mama I’m coming home. They are de tuned significantly at the point and Zakks tone was not as good as I find his tone to usually be but Ozzy is almost 70.......you have to have reasonable expectations. He was humble, healthy, energetic and very glad to be there. I would go again in a heartbeat.

stompboxfreak72":3vj10out said:
I saw the show in Cleveland just 3 days ago. Ozzy’s voice held up really well though he did lose the melody on Mama I’m coming home. They are de tuned significantly at the point and Zakks tone was not as good as I find his tone to usually be but Ozzy is almost 70.......you have to have reasonable expectations. He was humble, healthy, energetic and very glad to be there. I would go again in a heartbeat.
Thanx.
How long did Ozzy play for?

If Stone Sour opened up, how long was the opening act?

I really enjoyed the 2016 Black Sabbath final tour show. So I figured I would see one last show with the Ozzman this Friday!!!!!!!! Never see him with Zakk before so it will be new for me.

victim5150":1gmps1w1 said:
Going next Friday the 28th here in Houston. I've got meet and greet with Ozzy for my wife and I before the show and I have meet and greet for myself with Zakk after the show. He's giving me a guitar he plays that night during the show when I see him. He signs it and takes a pic with me. I think I get to bullshit with him for few. Pretty excited about it. I know Ozzy sounds like shit (Saw him twice with Sabbath last year) and Zakk is a shell of what he was from No Rest For the Wicked and No more Tears, which I saw both of those tours, but I'm a huge Ozzy fan and I was a big Zakk fan as well. It's going to be a fun show. One last party with the Madman is the way I'm looking at it. I'm not going in to judge Ozzy's vocals or nitpick how many pinch harmonics Zakk does. I just want to rock out to the music I loved growing up and still love.
Dude, that's so cool! You're going to have a great time.

I haven't seen Ozzy since the Blizzard of Ozz tour in 1981 in Houston. I can't make it to this one, so I guess my remaining memories of that show will have to suffice.

I had no plans on seeing Ozzy this tour ..... I had no plans on seeing Judas Priest

turns out Ozzy is touring New Zealand with Judas Priest as the support act .... looks like I am going to see Oz and the Priest after all :LOL: :LOL: going to take all my kids to (aged 7, 9 , 11) :rock:

I saw Ozzman last night in Chicago, He was really good his voice was strong he was having fun, was on cue and talkative. The drummer that played with Sabbath on the final tour was there and he was ripping it up as usual, he reminds me of Tommy Aldridge. I thought Zakk played pretty well but the sound guys has his guitar buried in the mix and would barely pull his levels up for solos. It was disappointing as I wanted to really hear Zakk burn it up... his tone was muddy and buried in chorus... it didn't cut like standard Marshall mids should, I think they may been tuned 1 full step down or more. Stone Sour's mix was not good as well.

I wanted to hear more Zakk Era songs but Ozzy only played just the really big ones Like Mama I'm coming home, No more Tears and a couple more, I wanted to hear Perry Mason, Mr. Tinkertrain and stuff like that, Zakk played a medley for his solo but Ozzy didn't sing them. He did a few Randy era tunes, Jake era tunes and quite a few Sabbath tunes which I could have done without. Not that I don't like them but he should have played more Zakk era tunes since Zakk was with him and they have the material to fill it but that just my opinion and my biggest complaint.

Overall it was a good show and enjoyable he played about and hour and a half or so, the sound mix was not as good as the Sabbath 2016 tour which was totally awesome, Iommi's tone was biting, crunchy and upfront in the mix as everyone else was well balanced and spot one.

Saw the Houston show this past Friday. Ozzy sounded really good. They were tuned down at least a step. Zakk can still bring the heat. Overall is was a very good show. I'm glad I got to see it. If you get the chance... go.

Saw the Dallas show last wednesday, SO GLAD I went. Ozzy still puts on one hell of a show, Zakk does what Zakk does and killed it, the drummer was solid as hell and entertaining, Blasko, well, he's Blasko, held down the low end great. But Ozzy, starts a little slow, but by the end of the night, he's rocking hard, and kicking ass.

Overall, I'd say go... I THOROUGHLY enjoyed the show.

I remember years back when I saw Zakk with Ozzy, I too noticed how many Sabbath songs were played and I really wished they had skipped them all together. Zakk playing Sabbath is just overkill and doesn't do it for me at all. Much prefer Gillis doing Sabbath and I wasn't a huge fan of him either.

Saw Ozzy in HI in 92' or 93' - probably the most disappointing arena show I've ever seen so for me, in terms of the Oz man, it's been "no more tours" ever since then.

Kapo_Polenton":3vaosv4u said:
I remember years back when I saw Zakk with Ozzy, I too noticed how many Sabbath songs were played and I really wished they had skipped them all together. Zakk playing Sabbath is just overkill and doesn't do it for me at all. Much prefer Gillis doing Sabbath and I wasn't a huge fan of him either.
I loved Gillis on SOTD. That's one of my all time favorite guitar tones. :rock:

My oldest son got a last-minute free ticket to see Ozzy last week in Salt Lake. He went and he enjoyed the show, but he got pretty tired of the guitar solos (he's not a musician). Overall, he was surprised how well Ozzy sounded for his age and mileage.

"How about a big hand for the Ozzman?"

ed-sullivan-21885e1f-6227-4950-983d-520f108bddb-resize-750.jpg

SHOW CANCELLED: hand infection. Hope he heals up and has no sequelae.

Saw Ozzy with Zakk about 11 years ago. Other than Zakk's stamina during his long solo, the only remarkable thing was all the bare titties in the audience. No desire to see a much older Ozzy.

Red_Label":2u8ysysv said:
Saw Ozzy with Zakk about 11 years ago. Other than Zakk's stamina during his long solo, the only remarkable thing was all the bare titties in the audience. No desire to see a much older Ozzy.
Hopefully you are referring to the women.

i know he cancelled remaining 2018 shows to undergo another procedure.
haven’t seen the ozzman since 99 i believe. ozzfest...first one with Joe Holmes.
no real need to see him again unless Jake comes back? haha

Back