At Metallica right now....(AXE FX)

I used to be the biggest Metallica fanboi but their tone has gone downhill slowly, I've been to almost every show in the Bay Area starting in 1991. That was amazing live tone during the black album tour is all I can say but my ears were ringing for three days after.

EXPcustom":3t2zlf4p said:
I used to be the biggest Metallica fanboi but their tone has gone downhill slowly, I've been to almost every show in the Bay Area starting in 1991. That was amazing live tone during the black album tour is all I can say but my ears were ringing for three days after.

Yeah last night was my fifth time but first time in 14 years. Sad shit.

There has been tons of complaints about Metallica’s live tone for years now. Long before they ever used the Axe FX.

I'm going to see them in a few weeks and haven't seen them since 92'. I'll have to give a report on the tonez and see if they adjusted. That does suck though because "mush" has always been the opposite of Metallica's sound.

I'm going end of month. The venue is outstanding for live tone so we will see. The venue makes a huge difference

glip22":f5oykuxo said:
I'm going end of month. The venue is outstanding for live tone so we will see. The venue makes a huge difference

No doubt. I was outside at austin City Limits. So....

Really odd to make a post on rigtalk of all places during the middle of a fucking show. Be in the moment ffs.

I haven't cared for their tone in a long time. Nothing to do with the axefx. They like this upper mid crunch that just doesn't sit right to my ears. This coming from fanboy #1

Yeah, their tone has sucked since Death Magnetic, maybe even St. Anger. I doubt it's the Axe-FX as much as it is their philosophy on EQing now. Long, long gone are the days of that monstrous Mesa crunch on Garage Days and ...AJFA.

I’m seeing them in Pittsburgh in a couple weeks. Really looking forward to it. I always love seeing Metallica live. Hope they sound decent.

T

RaceU4her":2cyqf8r4 said:
It’s always bummed me out how shitty they are live

Did you ever see them in the early days ? I saw them in ‘85,’86 & ‘88 and they were badass

i think they just need to take some vacations, they have been very active recently but i agree they need to get the real amps back

I thought a few late night shows and with Gaga on grammy's their tone was pretty spot on the the Hardwired album for Moth, and Atlas

Back