Armored Saint Fans?

Dave Simpson

Funny story. Back in the day we had a rehearsal room at Francisco Studios in City of Industry. One night we heard the new band next door playing Armored Saint songs and thought it was a cover band. So we started playing a totally shit version of March of the Saint as a joke. I walked out of the room and turn to my right and Dave Prichard is standing there and he says "very funny motherfucker" and laughed. We became friends pretty much at that moment. RIP Dave!

Great bunch of guys. Got to hang with John Bush a lot too, listening to Laker games on the radio between sets. I miss those days, getting to hear them practice night after night was such an inspiration. Added a live video from that era but it's not working so click on the link instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwKmHrh3tQ

What a great video! Thanks for posting. Prichard rocking a PRS back in '89! IMO Delerious Nomad is one of the greatest metal albums EVAR. :rock:

The time we were next door to them is right when Dave got the PRS deal. I was definitely drooling over them. That, and cracking up at the pot plants he had growing behind his two half stacks in the studio. Talk about multi tasking a room. :LOL: :LOL:

i got an Armored Saint story. Buddy and me ran up to The Mirage(Minneapolis) to see them on Symbol of Salvation tour. For some reason we showed up hella early, and we thought maybe the show was cancelled cuz no one was around really. We knocked on the doors, and we were let in and the guys in Armored Saint walked right up to us and started talking to us. They had a spread/table on the main floor and invited us to sit down and eat with them. it was damn rad. Who the hell does that? They do. super nice guys.

also, Bush’s track on that new Metal Allegence is my fav. so damn heavy

When I go running and "Chemical Euphoria" comes on, I feel like I can run for 100 miles and knock over telephone poles. LOL! I love that song!!!! I remember being in high school and seeing the live version of that and just loved it.

Great band. On a side note, so awesome that John Bush nearly ended up in Metallica and sang in Anthrax. He was awesome on "The Sound of White Noise".

Back