Torpedo Reload - Fuse problem

pkyrou

Hi,

I have a problem with my Torpedo Reload.... My Torpedo was working OK for 1 year now... The fuse blew up yesterday, so I bought 2 fuses of T0,5A 250V as written on the back of the device for replacement...

After 5 times turning on and off and additional 5min of Guitar playing everything seemed ok. While trying to recheck the device again by turning off and then on the first fuse went off... I immediately changed to the second one and tried to turn on twice... The second time fuse went off again....

Is this a device problem, or my tube amp has a problem? Should I check on my rectifier tube (amp)?

Could my power supply or my pedals create this problem? My chain has a lot of pedals connected into a power supply (1 spot)... on the same power strip (pedals, amp, torpedo....)

Just to mention that my amp (and its fuse) still working great...

Is there anything I can do to test the blowing fuse issue?

Many Thanks

Hey there,

I just experienced a similar problem. After approximately 1 year of service my Torpedo Reload also blew the fuse.
Just ordered replacement fuses. So I'm not yet at the point where the OP was. But please note that the label on my unit says T1A250V and that was also the marking on the fuse itself. Not 0.5A.

I tested my amp without the Torpedo and all is fine. So we will see what happens when I get the new fuses.

Anyone else?

/p

WARNING ! The value of the fuse depends on the mains voltage.

This value was actually updated in the past, to accomodate a few cases, like yours, where the fuse may still blow, especially after some years of use.

For Europe and everywhere else with a 230V mains voltage, the correct, up-to-date value is T800mA 250V (or T0.8A 250V, which is the same thing, but I believe the first label is more common).
For the USA and everywhere else with a 115V mains voltage, the correct, up-to-date value is T1.6A 250V.

Basstyra":372lngut said:
WARNING ! The value of the fuse depends on the mains voltage.

This value was actually updated in the past, to accomodate a few cases, like yours, where the fuse may still blow, especially after some years of use.

For Europe and everywhere else with a 230V mains voltage, the correct, up-to-date value is T800mA 250V (or T0.8A 250V, which is the same thing, but I believe the first label is more common).
For the USA and everywhere else with a 115V mains voltage, the correct, up-to-date value is T1.6A 250V.

Bumping this thread. I bought my Torpedo Reload less than two weeks ago from Sweetwater (I'm located in the US), and when trying to turn the unit on this morning there was no power. I checked the fuse and it was blackened. The fuse that came with the unit said T1AL250V. I went to the hardware store and got the same fuse to replace it, and as soon as I flipped the power switch, that fuse blew as well. My question is, will this unit be able to actually power on when using a T1.6 as described above or is there another issue that's going to keep resulting in more blown fuses? If a 1.6a is what's needed, why did the unit come with a 1a?

Hi dcphillip,

it works perfectly fine with 1A with most people, in some cases, depending on your electricity network it's not any, and kinda random.

Anyway, if you can be patient for a few days, send me your postal address by MP and i'll have a few fuses mailed to you. Also, very often, you will not find the proper type of fuse, it needs to be a slow blow, and they often have fast blow.

Back