NCD! Vintage Marshall 4x12

fek":8i1204xe said:
Nice! That is my ideal Marshall cab right there. Minus the cig smell.

Bought an older Marshall cab that had the tolex stripped and the wood stained. Looked great but I could not get the smoke smell out. took over my entire jam space so I had to off it.

It stinks less every day but it’s still there. I’m definitely trying the Ozone generator. Just haven’t had time to get to the rental place. If I get good results I’ll post a separate thread about the “experiment “.

exo-metal":34x2n805 said:
These are imo the best cabs made. Not too stiff and those speakers kill, period. I would refin it myself.

I am a believer. I’ve never used greenback type speakers before and these sound great. Still like my old vintage 30s though.

Very cool cab! Always have been partial to the large checkered grill cloth.

I'm contemplating building a 2x12 myself for a pair of pre-Rola G12H30 55Hz's, with either Marshall 1966B dimensions (24" x 24") OR vertical slanted 2x12 (like the Mesa), and using the same grill cloth (which I already have lying around)... even thought about soaking it in tea or coffee to give it a more of a 70's worn look. :dunno:

Do those Blackbacks have 1777 or 444 cones ? A friend sent me a clip of his new amp w/444 coned BB's and they sound amazing.

thegame":313u1ivo said:
Do those Blackbacks have 1777 or 444 cones ? A friend sent me a clip of his new amp w/444 coned BB's and they sound amazing.

Mine have the 1777 cones. I may be wrong but I think the 444 cones were used on the 55hz g12H speakers??

I rented an Ozone Generator today and I am very pleased with the results!! There is still a faint hint of cigarette smell on the tolex but you literally have to stick you nose on it and sniff. The grill cloth smells completely neutral. Curious to see if the smell comes back but for now it’s the house as opposed to the garage :LOL: :LOL:

Stramm8":2z2pfv5r said:
thegame":2z2pfv5r said:

Mine have the 1777 cones. I may be wrong but I think the 444 cones were used on the 55hz g12H speakers??

Yes they were but also used on some G12M Blackbacks

Back