Torpedo CAB freezes

otdacha

Hi all,
My new Torpedo CAB suddenly just stops responding to all controls (switches and knobs) and Torpedo Remote loses connection at the same time. I still hear the sound but cannot control the device. Reboot helps but after some time that happens again.
Have anybody experienced this?

No. My Torpedo CAB works great.

I'm noticing some noise from my XLR out on my Le Bass, but Two Notes customer support has been very responsive. Thumbs up!

Put in a ticket on their website and someone will be in touch with you soon.

Thanks!
I've already contacted Two Notes tech support. Just posted here to know if someone has the same issue.

I have freezes also, been thinking it might get resolved by updating, so now waiting for the new update said to come end september.

Please let med know what happens.

TrueFifth":1r73w4kx said:
I have freezes also, been thinking it might get resolved by updating, so now waiting for the new update said to come end september.

Please let med know what happens.

I was told to wait for update by tech support. They say it might be a hardware issue as well. In my opinion it has something to do with the quality of rotary encoders. When turning the knobs, the values are changing randomly sometimes. Maybe this confuses the firmware.
Anyway, it seems to work flawlessly when controlled via Remote and footswitches or MIDI commands are not making it freeze. So the problem only appears during onboard parameters editing. Still usable but, for the price, the more dependable piece of gear is expected.

For anyone interested, I just did a factory reset on my CAB and it seems not freezing anymore. Fingers crossed...
BTW, the tech support is pretty much nonexistent. Considering my experience with Strymon for instance, the Two Notes customer service is not matching their prices at all.

otdacha would you be kind enough to give me your ticket number so I can look into it? Thanks.

BTW the encoders are ALPS, not garbage. ;)

guillaume_pille":12ifoxqr said:
otdacha would you be kind enough to give me your ticket number so I can look into it? Thanks.

BTW the encoders are ALPS, not garbage. ;)

Ticket number: 9170.
Regarding the encoders - ALPS means nothing to me. All I know is that the values are skipping steps periodically when I rotate the encoders. Sometimes one single click increases/decreases the value by several steps.

BTW, the tech support is pretty much nonexistent. Considering my experience with Strymon for instance, the Two Notes customer service is not matching their prices at all.

Ok Odatcha, I read your messages, as they are PLENTY, to me the only way would be to look at your unit which seems damaged, I just don't know if the person that sold it to you was aware of that or not. The only recurring issue I'm aware of especially in Russia is when the voltage is a bit to low (too much below 220V), that can cause some noise issue, but the fact that your unit freezes is not a known issue. Bruno, who designed the unit, who was in contact with you, tried to find with you if the firmware could be the cause but your tests with him are just inconclusive.

If you need to check for the shipping price, here is our address, it's on our websites:

OROSYS SAS
street: 76 rue de la mine
ZIP: 34980
City: Saint Gely du Fesc

I can't tell you how much it would cost to fix the unit, but we usually don't ask for all the time and parts that were used, we like our customers. ;)

As I posted earlier, I did the factory reset and the unit works normally for now. I've already spent too much time trying to resolve the problem and paid a pretty penny for the unit itself. So I'm not going to do anything for now. Anyway it seems difficult to conclude our tests with Bruno until the unit works. Especially when that tests require a new firmware to be released.
Thanks for reply, I really hope that there will be no reasons to bother you anymore.

You may try your luck by asking the tech support. At least they will be aware that this issue is more common.
My unit still works OK after factory reset though. But I'm not using onboard controls very often.

Back