How TF did MC get the CCV to run tubes 100% at idle?

N

Nigel

Guytron does this with EL-84's, service life= 3-6 mos.

If you don't like this idea, keep your comments to yourself.

For my fellow enthusiasts with a clue, how was this done at 545v?

Extra high primary Z on the OT to prevent over dissipation?

High screen resistors to protect screens? Separate supply?

What gives?

DO TELL!

Yup, Meth!!! :LOL: :LOL:

It's in the design. I read the following readings off of proto #1 and over 100% in LO and HI modes!:

V7 - 52.0mA @ 526VDC = 109.4%
V8 - 50.5mA @ 526VDC = 106.3%
V7 - 31.0mA @ 440VDC = 54.6%
V8 - 35.2mA @ 440VDC = 62.0%

Equ1nox":3nl8nkt4 said:
Yup, Meth!!! :LOL: :LOL:

It's in the design. I read the following readings off of proto #1 and over 100% in LO and HI modes!:

V7 - 52.0mA @ 526VDC = 109.4%
V8 - 50.5mA @ 526VDC = 106.3%
V7 - 31.0mA @ 440VDC = 54.6%
V8 - 35.2mA @ 440VDC = 62.0%

Right, so what is it in the design that allows for this? Do any other amp makers do this? I want an amp that can do this, but the CCV/Cameron situation is sketchy.

scottosan":ny2u4jj8 said:
No magic, just biased hot.

Well it's biased at 100% in AB push-pull, which with a regular primary Z for EL-34's and regular screen current will red-plate tubes in most amps. I recall someone saying the CCV had higher Z and reduced/regulated screen current to maintain stability.

My CCV burns the fuck out of the power tubes, even when biased correctly. Something's definitely wrong with it

keennay":2rp6qqfp said:
My CCV burns the fuck out of the power tubes, even when biased correctly. Something's definitely wrong with it

Send it to me. I'll take care of it! I have Cameron CCV exact clone right down to the PCB if you want that and we can even swap.

Man, problems with your CCV. Problems with you Atomica....can someone give this brother a break!

Equ1nox":1fkb4ig8 said:
keennay":1fkb4ig8 said:

Send it to me. I'll take care of it! I have Cameron CCV exact clone right down to the PCB if you want that and we can even swap.

Man, problems with your CCV. Problems with you Atomica....can someone give this brother a break!

lol. His amp copy is so good he’s willing to trade it for your “broken” one. :hys:

Give Mark a call if you think something is wrong.

Equ1nox":1a0bs7zz said:
What he SHOULD do is get rid of the CCV (and Atomica) and roll the money over into my "313" vintage amp which is superior to the CCV actually! The 313 can do everything the CCV can do, but MORE. However, the CCV cannot do what the 313 can do.

Likewise, it is completely unique and patented with specific intellectual property that in 100 years since the first audio amplifiers have existed....NO ONE has come up with the design and the way I do it! :)

Nice, now you know what someone should do more so than they would themselves?

Tell you what, send me one of your amps and let ME decide how good it is and if it is better than the CCV. If the amp is a good as you say it is, I'll buy it. Let someone else toot the horn instead of yourself.

No excuses, what have you got to lose. I'll be 100% honest.

Equ1nox":13xljlk4 said:
What he SHOULD do is get rid of the CCV (and Atomica) and roll the money over into my "313" vintage amp which is superior to the CCV actually! The 313 can do everything the CCV can do, but MORE. However, the CCV cannot do what the 313 can do.

Likewise, it is completely unique and patented with specific intellectual property that in 100 years since the first audio amplifiers have existed....NO ONE has come up with the design and the way I do it! :)

What's the patent number, I want to check out this amazing innovation

technomancer":2nzdfr81 said:
Equ1nox":2nzdfr81 said:

What's the patent number, I want to check out this amazing innovation

LOL, he deleted his post. Glad we captured it.

Now, about those “patents”... :LOL: :LOL:

I was being honest about wanting to try one of his unique amps loaded with intellectual property. Guess they aren’t as good as he claimed? :LOL: :LOL:

Rosza Amplification in or around Michigan somewhere, the 313 is his CCV ish model (but with more features), there is a Facebook page as well.

paulyc":4vlysdvq said:
Rosza Amplification in or around Michigan somewhere, the 313 is his CCV ish model (but with more features), there is a Facebook page as well.

So it’s a CCV clone with tons of intellectual property? Haha. We all know he copied his stuff from Mark. He was buying up Cameron amps to blueprint them. Some intellectual. :LOL: :LOL: Its so good he wouldn’t even send me one to try out.

Well, if I owned an amp company I don’t think I’d send a guy I don’t know from Adam an amp either, and if I did I probably wouldn’t be in business very long lol

I don't know man, psychodave can sell some amps no doubt.
So this guy's another Mark ripoff? (facepalm) Haven't we reached full saturation on this shit yet?

I’m not saying he can’t, but would you send an amp to a guy you really didn’t even know ? I’m not defending Rosza or throwing him under the bus, I’ve got no dog in this fight, just putting the info out there.

GUISE!

Back to the topic at hand...

How is this Bias achieved? Is it cathode biased A-B? That would make more sense. The bias is the key to the tone, I'm telling you.

Back