Loves me some Y&T

V2a

Dave Meniketti and the boys are back playing shows, as usual.

Everyone needs a dirty girl or two...

Earthshaker album for the win . Much respect to Dave for carrying on but Y&T for me is Dave , Phil , Joey and Leonard

Riggins1966":6w523tqx said:
saw them 2 years ago. Dave's at the top of his game IMO. His voice and playing have never been better.
Same here. Cleveland Agora on the small stage, while Mastadon/Eagles of Death Metal were on the main stage. Dave was visibly unhappy (guessing stage/show arrangements); however, they sounded fantastic. "Contagious" has always been a top album on my list.

hammered":1kxe1yvv said:
Earthshaker album for the win . Much respect to Dave for carrying on but Y&T for me is Dave , Phil , Joey and Leonard

Truth! I was friends with Joey & Leonard and always felt that Y&T wasn't the same when they were both were dismissed from the band. Phil & Dave carried on until Phil passed away and it's now just Dave with a new lineup. I went to their reunion shows with Leonard and Stef Burns. Dave's a great guitarist & vocalist regardless.

Guitar George

They were dismissed ? The official story was health issues or wanting to stay home with family ?

paulyc":1ttzmf3p said:
They were dismissed ? The official story was health issues or wanting to stay home with family ?

Unfortunately they’ve all passed away . Leanord left in ‘86 I think due to the direction the band was going . Joey left in ‘89 and Phil was there till he passed away in 2011

Hamer95USA":wdrgvbin said:
hammered":wdrgvbin said:

Truth! I was friends with Joey & Leonard and always felt that Y&T wasn't the same when they were both were dismissed from the band. Phil & Dave carried on until Phil passed away and it's now just Dave with a new lineup. I went to their reunion shows with Leonard and Stef Burns. Dave's a great guitarist & vocalist regardless.

Guitar George

Very cool that you knew those guys . I met Dave at Borders Books of all places in the early 2000s and got to tell him what a big fan I was . He was very cool and appreciative . His dad was the crossing guard at the school my wife teaches at

I knew about Joey and Phil, I didn’t know about Leonard ... did he quit on his own or was he dismissed ? I’ve wondered if he was asked to leave because he wasn’t exactly the pretty boy type.

paulyc":uqsvm2j1 said:
I knew about Joey and Phil, I didn’t know about Leonard ... did he quit on his own or was he dismissed ? I’ve wondered if he was asked to leave because he wasn’t exactly the pretty boy type.

I’m 99.9% sure he left on his own

Great band! One of my favorites. They always came to Poughkeepsie and we had the pleasure of opining for them at one show. Dave and the rest of the band were awesome to be around...very humble and exceedingly nice to everyone.

Back