Final FORTIN MESHUGGAH Preorder

VC4EverAgain":2ohh5f54 said:
napalmdeath":2ohh5f54 said:
VC4EverAgain":2ohh5f54 said:
I don’t think this was a secret at all. I was about to order one and asked Mike where they were shipping from and he told me USA.

Did everyone really expect Mike to be making all these amps on his own? At least he finally got into mass production like Friedman has done.

People wanting Mike to make all these amps are being unrealistic. Just be glad they sound awesome and that they were all delivered on time.

Unlike the Cameron brand which is basically the biggest joke around. Hey Cameron amps learn from Friedman and Fortin.

You should expect it for the price. Not mass-produced Metro kits.

That’s a big accusation you got there buddy. Fake news.

Hey if you want to wait years for an amp then have at it. We all know how that goes.

Not like you would ever buy one anyway. Just continue buying one cheap amp after the other.

Gotta loves these people who bitch about stuff like this, and then wonder why obtaining Fortin amps was so hard years ago. :cry:

Who's bitchin'? We all know your role here, and why. You're his little pitch boy, balls deep, we get it.

As far as my buying habits, and what, it shouldn't be your concern, or duty to clarify. I've bought cheap stuff, I've bought expensive stuff, I apologize if it's not up to your standards. I work for what I buy, while you earn stretch marks around your mouth to get yours.

napalmdeath":2zgpjf0h said:
VC4EverAgain":2zgpjf0h said:
napalmdeath":2zgpjf0h said:
VC4EverAgain":2zgpjf0h said:
I don’t think this was a secret at all. I was about to order one and asked Mike where they were shipping from and he told me USA.

Did everyone really expect Mike to be making all these amps on his own? At least he finally got into mass production like Friedman has done.

People wanting Mike to make all these amps are being unrealistic. Just be glad they sound awesome and that they were all delivered on time.

Unlike the Cameron brand which is basically the biggest joke around. Hey Cameron amps learn from Friedman and Fortin.

You should expect it for the price. Not mass-produced Metro kits.

That’s a big accusation you got there buddy. Fake news.

Hey if you want to wait years for an amp then have at it. We all know how that goes.

Not like you would ever buy one anyway. Just continue buying one cheap amp after the other.

Gotta loves these people who bitch about stuff like this, and then wonder why obtaining Fortin amps was so hard years ago. :cry:

Who's bitchin'? We all know your role here, and why. You're his little pitch boy, balls deep, we get it.

As far as my buying habits, and what, it shouldn't be your concern, or duty to clarify. I've bought cheap stuff, I've bought expensive stuff, I apologize if it's not up to your standards. I work for what I buy, while you earn stretch marks around your mouth to get yours.

:LOL: :LOL:

Ok buddy. Whatever you say.

I don’t think it’s a big deal that Metro is building the amps. I do find it interesting that there is no mention of it on the Fortin website. It’s seems to be a big secret that Metro built these production Meshugga amps. I’d figure they would be proud of who manufactures their product(s) and not casually mention it once in a social media page (I’m assuming that was done). I do find it in extremely poor taste to not warn customers where the amps are shipping from...and I don’t think it’s the buyers “responsibility” to know where it is shipping from. The import fees are extremely expensive and may make a determination on whether certain customers are willing to buy. I would certainly expect a stand up builder to do everything they can to protect their customers from additional fees where possible.

psychodave":36xdvstf said:
I don’t think it’s a big deal that Metro is building the amps. I do find it interesting that there is no mention of it on the Fortin website. It’s seems to be a big secret that Metro built these production Meshugga amps. I’d figure they would be proud of who manufactures their product(s) and not casually mention it once in a social media page (I’m assuming that was done). I do find it in extremely poor taste to not warn customers where the amps are shipping from...and I don’t think it’s the buyers “responsibility” to know where it is shipping from. The import fees are extremely expensive and may make a determination on whether certain customers are willing to buy. I would certainly expect a stand up builder to do everything they can to protect their customers from additional fees where possible.

Exactly the point

psychodave":2chp6ume said:

Lol. I’m sure you have the same ethical standards when it comes to buying a Cameron Amp...

Like I said previously, in Canada you pay sales tax on anything you buy. Depending on province that guy in the classifieds will pay 13%. That is no surprise and he should know that.

VC4EverAgain":2uxzl4d5 said:
psychodave":2uxzl4d5 said:

Lol. I’m sure you have the same ethical standards when it comes to buying a Cameron Amp...

Like I said previously, in Canada you pay sales tax on anything you buy. Depending on province that guy in the classifieds will pay 13%. That is no surprise and he should know that.

That’s right, I like when you deflect when you have no argument. :thumbsup:

FWIW, I ordered my Cameron CCV directly from Mark on 12/26/2009 and received the amp late March 2010. My amp was made by Mark, not someone else. I also paid $2,500 for it. For me, it’s the best amp I’ve ever owned...and I’ve owned a ton of them.

psychodave":2ezwjxw1 said:
VC4EverAgain":2ezwjxw1 said:
psychodave":2ezwjxw1 said:

That’s right, I like when you deflect when you have no argument. :thumbsup:

FWIW, I ordered my Cameron CCV directly from Mark on 12/26/2009 and received the amp late March 2010. My amp was made by Mark, not someone else. I also paid $2,500 for it. For me, it’s the best amp I’ve ever owned...and I’ve owned a ton of them.

Not so sure everyone else had that same experience as you. :doh:

At least everyone got their amp from Mike.

And I clearly explained to you why the guy in the classifieds pays those fees. Its standard. Made in Canada or made in Pakistan. You pay sales tax.

Dam... $3333 for a Metro-Amp Parts kit amp... no thanks.

Specs:
2-EL34, 3-12ax7 Tungsol reissue
NOS LCRs UK capacitors
Recipe of Orange Drops/Philips Mustards/Lemco Dogbones/Siemens Foil Capacitors
Custom wound Heyboer Transformers, M6 steel laminations, Triple varnished, Custom fabricated mounting brackets, Self-lead secondary wires
Front: Adjustable Viewing Indicator, Mains switch, Standby switch, MVC w/pull gain, Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain II, Gain I, High Input, Low Input
Back: Send & Return passive loop, Speaker jacks, Impedance select, Dual Bias w/metering jacks, Fusing, Mains Input, and 120VAC/240VAC Mains Select switch
Shipping Dimensions: 30in x 15in x 13in @ 45lbs
***Built by Metro-Amps in Michigan, USA from an amp kit.... but maybe we’ll leave this part out****

I wonder how many people would’ve still bought them if they knew they weren’t built in Canada by Mike himself. Sketchyyyyyyyyyyyy.

:thumbsdown: :no: :gethim:

Wizard of Ozz":ug0qfhvf said:

Specs:
NOS LCRs UK capacitors
Custom wound Heyboer Transformers, M6 steel laminations, Triple varnished, Custom fabricated mounting brackets, Self-lead secondary wires
Front: Adjustable Viewing Indicator, Mains switch, Standby switch, MVC w/pull gain, Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain II, Gain I, High Input, Low Input
Back: Send & Return passive loop, Speaker jacks, Impedance select, Dual Bias w/metering jacks, Fusing, Mains Input, and 120VAC/240VAC Mains Select switch
***Built by Metro-Amps in Michigan, USA from an amp kit.... but maybe we’ll leave this part out****

I wonder how many people would’ve still bought them if they knew they weren’t built in Canada by Mike himself. Sketchyyyyyyyyyyyy.

EXACTLY :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

UberschallEL34":psfmfw5o said:
psychodave":psfmfw5o said:

Exactly the point

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Wizard of Ozz":3fyhfoao said:

Specs:
NOS LCRs UK capacitors

I like Mike Fortin, great guy when I needed help with a Cali modded Ceriatone when the PT went out. But, I was always under the impression that he 'tuned' the amp to his liking ala Cameron.
If that's the case, I can't imagine whoever builds these "kit" amps has the same ear as Mike. These amps turn into a
'paint by numbers' build without the attention from the builder.
But, I'll ask this question...does Friedman tune each amp? Probably not. Yet people spend as much for a PCB Friedman?
Not approving/disapproving anything here. But were the original Meshugga amps 5K? These are less? So was there an expectation that they were exactly the same? I agree that it should have been announced that he was having them built, to avoid the uproar that would obviously come....

LOL. So Mike Fortin is suppose to only be the one building his amps. Yes one amp at a time. I wonder how long that run would have taken him do?

What’s funny is that people actually thought that he was doing this with the 100 amp run. Seriously?

People will never be satisfied.

You people want one man amp shows and expect to have amps in a timely manner. Get real. Fortin Amps expanded production plain and simple to satisfy the masses. The amp sounds awesome and you people are acting like it’s just some shitty kit they built.

psychodave":3ba2wqhl said:
I don’t think it’s a big deal that Metro is building the amps. I do find it interesting that there is no mention of it on the Fortin website. It’s seems to be a big secret that Metro built these production Meshugga amps.

I reckon lots of people are buying Fortin amps for the exclusivity, there were only a handful of them out there a few years ago. People thought it was some special circuit design made by a masterbuilder and now it turns out it's a Metro Jose...

Most djent kids would have no idea about who's Metro and what's a Jose mod though, he'll probably be fine. :LOL: :LOL:

VC4EverAgain":t2xl3c20 said:
LOL. So Mike Fortin is suppose to only be the one building his amps. Yes one amp at a time. I wonder how long that run would have taken him do?

What’s funny is that people actually thought that he was doing this with the 100 amp run. Seriously?

You people want one man amp shows and expect to have amps in a timely manner. Get real. Fortin Amps expanded production plain and simple to satisfy the masses. The amp sounds awesome and you people are acting like it’s just some shitty kit they built.

I think you missed the point from the get-go. It's the fact that it's been hush-hush, and mis-leading on some levels. Of course, nobody expects him to churn out 100 amps by himself. Get the sand out of your fanboy vagina, and read first. Start with your "fake news" claim that's obviously not.

napalmdeath":r5dzvuh8 said:
VC4EverAgain":r5dzvuh8 said:

I think you missed the
point from the get-go. It's the fact that it's been hush-hush, and mis-leading on some levels. Of course, nobody expects him to churn out 100 amps by himself. Get the sand out of your fanboy vagina, and read first. Start with your "fake news" claim that's obviously not.

Eat a bag of dicks while you play your Chinese made Fortin. LoL.

Wait a sec. Revv is a Canadian amp maker as well. Don’t they make their amps in Canada and ship to the US despite these so import costs? Or do they do the same thing (hire another party to make them in the states).

Racerxrated":22uup61t said:
Wizard of Ozz":22uup61t said:

Specs:
NOS LCRs UK capacitors

I like Mike Fortin, great guy when I needed help with a Cali modded Ceriatone when the PT went out. But, I was always under the impression that he 'tuned' the amp to his liking ala Cameron.
If that's the case, I can't imagine whoever builds these "kit" amps has the same ear as Mike. These amps turn into a
'paint by numbers' build without the attention from the builder.
But, I'll ask this question...does Friedman tune each amp? Probably not. Yet people spend as much for a PCB Friedman?
Not approving/disapproving anything here. But were the original Meshugga amps 5K? These are less? So was there an expectation that they were exactly the same? I agree that it should have been announced that he was having them built, to avoid the uproar that would obviously come....

:rock:

napalmdeath":3l86th6w said:
VC4EverAgain":3l86th6w said:

I think you missed the point from the get-go. It's the fact that it's been hush-hush, and mis-leading on some levels. Of course, nobody expects him to churn out 100 amps by himself. Get the sand out of your fanboy vagina, and read first. Start with your "fake news" claim that's obviously not.

first 5 built by mike fortin and the first run. 2nd and 3rd runs built by third party - metro amp kits . The 3 runs were 50 amps each. HE BUILT THE FIRST RUN ( no problem). But why not the second and third runs ? For whatever the reasons are (lackey) ? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC FOR CUSTOMERS / BUYERS TO KNOW THAT MIKE FORTIN IS SUBING OUT THE BUILDS TO A THIRD PARTY AND NAME THAT PARTY. WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT ! NO DISCLOSURE ON THE OFFICIAL WEBPAGE OR ONLINE ORDER FORM WHEN ORDERING.

Vc4EverAgain, long time no see, What amps u got now ?

Any snow there today ? how about tonite any snow ?

pstar":2yoi6w8v said:
napalmdeath":2yoi6w8v said:
VC4EverAgain":2yoi6w8v said:

first 5 built by mike fortin and the first run. 2nd and 3rd runs built by third party - metro amp kits . The 3 runs were 50 amps each. HE BUILT THE FIRST RUN ( no problem). But why not the second and third runs ? For whatever the reasons are (lackey) ? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC FOR CUSTOMERS / BUYERS TO KNOW THAT MIKE FORTIN IS SUBING OUT THE BUILDS TO A THIRD PARTY AND NAME THAT PARTY. WOULD HAVE NEVER BOUGHT IT ! NO DISCLOSURE ON THE OFFICIAL WEBPAGE OR ONLINE ORDER FORM WHEN ORDERING.

Vc4EverAgain, long time no see, What amps u got now ?

Any snow there today ? how about tonite any snow ?

Hey man I hear you. When that last run came out I was about to buy one, but I emailed Mike to ask specific questions like can I pay in Canadian dollars and where was the amp shipping from. Once he told me it was USD only and shipping from USA I couldn’t do it.

As far as not disclosing it publicly I hear you on that too. But I kinda figured there’s no way he would be building all those amps by himself anyway.

Yes it’s a light dusting of snow day lol. As far as amps I gots many in the stable sir including an original NATAS :rock:

Back