Final FORTIN MESHUGGAH Preorder

VC4EverAgain":3jpcufsl said:
psychodave":3jpcufsl said:
VC4EverAgain":3jpcufsl said:
FourT6and2":3jpcufsl said:
braintheory":3jpcufsl said:
For what it’s worth, one of my friends who plays very low tuned extreme metal stuff has a Fortin Meshuggah and got a 1987 jubilee recently and says that his jubilee with a boost in front totally smokes his meshuggah, even for his style. He’s a monster player. I’m gonna try to make a trip up there and hear them side by side for myself. I’m curious. I’ll also bring either my Atomica or Aldrich up to compare

He also has a ccv and it’s one of his favorites

The only Fortin amp I ever tried was a Natas and I didn’t care for it. It sounded a bit synthetic to me, too smooth/not enough growl on powerchords and while it was tight, there are many amps out there that are tighter. I was told it was Fortin’s attempt at the Elan Metalhead. It had though a metallic quality to it that I liked

You should do a little amp comparison video. That would be cool to see a Meshuggah, Atomica, CCV, Jubilee, and Aldrich all in one video.

If it’s just an iPhone clip don’t bother. They will all sound the same anyway.

This iPhone clip came out great.
https://youtu.be/-QQdt__ayjg

I made another one in response to the Maxwatt. My Aldrich cops that amps tone as well. Let’s hope the Maxwatt is an original design and not a Cameron Aldrich copy.

Just cause you said it I hope it is an exact Cameron Aldrich. Then you and the other handful of people who have them won’t be so exclusive... :LOL: :LOL:

Only time will tell if it’s original or another clone. Not everyone can be an original thinker and designer. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. :thumbsup:

Either way it won’t sound like the one in my clip. Mine has a bunch of different features and as you heard, it can go from 80’s to modern just by moving one knob. You should hear it when I re-EQ it. :D

psychodave":240nxj8w said:
VC4EverAgain":240nxj8w said:
psychodave":240nxj8w said:
VC4EverAgain":240nxj8w said:
FourT6and2":240nxj8w said:
braintheory":240nxj8w said:
For what it’s worth, one of my friends who plays very low tuned extreme metal stuff has a Fortin Meshuggah and got a 1987 jubilee recently and says that his jubilee with a boost in front totally smokes his meshuggah, even for his style. He’s a monster player. I’m gonna try to make a trip up there and hear them side by side for myself. I’m curious. I’ll also bring either my Atomica or Aldrich up to compare

The only Fortin amp I ever tried was a Natas and I didn’t care for it. It sounded a bit synthetic to me, too smooth/not enough growl on powerchords and while it was tight, there are many amps out there that are tighter. I was told it was Fortin’s attempt at the Elan Metalhead. It had though a metallic quality to it that I liked

You should do a little amp comparison video. That would be cool to see a Meshuggah, Atomica, CCV, Jubilee, and Aldrich all in one video.

I made another one in response to the Maxwatt. My Aldrich cops that amps tone as well. Let’s hope the Maxwatt is an original design and not a Cameron Aldrich copy.

Just cause you said it I hope it is an exact Cameron Aldrich. Then you and the other handful of people who have them won’t be so exclusive... :LOL: :LOL:

Only time will tell if it’s original or another clone. Not everyone can be an original thinker and designer. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. :thumbsup:

Either way it won’t sound like the one in my clip. Mine has a bunch of different features and as you heard, it can go from 80’s to modern just by moving one knob. You should hear it when I re-EQ it. :D

Hey someone’s got to build them. Mark is way behind on his orders I hear. :D

psychodave":po6qofug said:
VC4EverAgain":po6qofug said:
psychodave":po6qofug said:
VC4EverAgain":po6qofug said:
FourT6and2":po6qofug said:
braintheory":po6qofug said:

Is that control just an adjustable NFB?
I have one subbed in on my build right now. I'd like to keep it adjustable but I have nowhere to put it :cry: zero room left.

FourT6and2":l0cafcfb said:
psychodave":l0cafcfb said:
VC4EverAgain":l0cafcfb said:
psychodave":l0cafcfb said:
VC4EverAgain":l0cafcfb said:
FourT6and2":l0cafcfb said:
braintheory":l0cafcfb said:

Is that control just an adjustable NFB?
I have one subbed in on my build right now. I'd like to keep it adjustable but I have nowhere to put it :cry: zero room left.

Another gain pot.

FourT6and2":n4qq1eob said:
Here's some more excellent info:

Buy a Ceriatone 50-watt Chupacabra.

1. Change first two cathode resistors to 2K7
2. Swap the first two coupling caps around
3. Lower first plate resistor to 330K... or a 100K bypassed with 330pF in series with 220K
4. Revert the rest of the circuit back to STOCK Marshall specs (tone stack, PI, NFB, remove depth control, add the missing 10K B+ dropper, etc.)
5. Change the "feel" push/pull control's resistor to 68K and change the V1b input grid resistor to 68K

That will get you 99.99% of the way to your dream djent machine.

And it probably won't even need the 33 or Grind with both bright switches on haha...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vg2jOdUEX0

godgrinder":vqlbqfrv said:
FourT6and2":vqlbqfrv said:

3. Lower first plate resistor to 330K... or a 100K bypassed with 330pF in series with 220K
4. Revert the rest of the circuit back to STOCK Marshall specs (tone stack, PI, NFB, remove depth control, add the missing 10K B+ dropper, etc.)
5. Change the "feel" push/pull control's resistor to 68K and change the V1b input grid resistor to 68K

And it probably won't even need the 33 or Grind with both bright switches on haha...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vg2jOdUEX0

I can barely tie my shoes. So that changing / swapping is out of my league :LOL: :LOL:

braintheory":3887lbh6 said:

Only reason I've sold most of the Cameron's I've had, I always had a Jubilee at the same time....I'd compare both and with a boost, the Jubilee was right there with the Cameron in most aspects....those EQs are very different than a normal 800 and have a wide range like a Wizard's EQ. Jubilee's have a nice growl that most amps do not have.

steve_k":1t4hjren said:
Anyway you slice it, Mark Cameron made the best Marshall mods on the planet.
:rock:
I've had one from all the big names, except the original Jose A modded Marshall..and Mark's work stands above the others. The first one I had was the one that got away...it was a modern modded 2203x. That one still haunts me.
:doh:

Cameron is Lord of the Amps.

I think they made a musical about it or something.

21.11._Do_20.00_Stadthalle_-_Lord_of_the_Dance_1.jpg

Racerxrated":2te052rs said:
braintheory":2te052rs said:

Only reason I've sold most of the Cameron's I've had, I always had a Jubilee at the same time....I'd compare both and with a boost, the Jubilee was right there with the Cameron in most aspects....those EQs are very different than a normal 800 and have a wide range like a Wizard's EQ. Jubilee's have a nice growl that most amps do not have.
Maybe that's why Gary Holt is using boosted jubilee's on the last Slayer tour...not sure it can top the 2203 Mark just did for me, its just plain brutal.

scottosan":37bgz6y5 said:
FourT6and2":37bgz6y5 said:
mctallica1":37bgz6y5 said:
If you get past all the bullshit in this thread, there is a lot of great information here.

I’ve been playing for a LOOOONG time and have gone through a metric shit ton of high end high gain amps, but have virtually zero technical knowledge. Given all the experience I have, I do know what I like, but couldn’t tell you what resistors, caps, etc get me there.

Like I said.... lots of bullshit, but also some excellent info :thumbsup:

T

And here you can get a PCB to build the TC Integrated Pre

https://www.rullywow.com/product/chuggapre/

I just got mine. I'll.post details to omit/hardwire the bass/treble controls so that there will only be a level control like the 33

I've built two, one adjustable and one "33". They're not that great. :LOL: :LOL: Fun project for <$30 each though.

YogVhpU.jpg

vultures":mnvm6ipw said:
I've built two, one adjustable and one "33". They're not that great. :LOL: :LOL: Fun project for <$30 each though.

YogVhpU.jpg

I like mine with my recto and 5150, but with the treble and bass fixed it is definitely something that works with some amps and not with others.

Back