Final FORTIN MESHUGGAH Preorder

exo-metal":2f9mgtw1 said:
Racerxrated":2f9mgtw1 said:
braintheory":2f9mgtw1 said:
For what it’s worth, one of my friends who plays very low tuned extreme metal stuff has a Fortin Meshuggah and got a 1987 jubilee recently and says that his jubilee with a boost in front totally smokes his meshuggah, even for his style. He’s a monster player. I’m gonna try to make a trip up there and hear them side by side for myself. I’m curious. I’ll also bring either my Atomica or Aldrich up to compare

He also has a ccv and it’s one of his favorites

The only Fortin amp I ever tried was a Natas and I didn’t care for it. It sounded a bit synthetic to me, too smooth/not enough growl on powerchords and while it was tight, there are many amps out there that are tighter. I was told it was Fortin’s attempt at the Elan Metalhead. It had though a metallic quality to it that I liked
Only reason I've sold most of the Cameron's I've had, I always had a Jubilee at the same time....I'd compare both and with a boost, the Jubilee was right there with the Cameron in most aspects....those EQs are very different than a normal 800 and have a wide range like a Wizard's EQ. Jubilee's have a nice growl that most amps do not have.
Maybe that's why Gary Holt is using boosted jubilee's on the last Slayer tour...not sure it can top the 2203 Mark just did for me, its just plain brutal.
I'll never say that a boosted Jube is better than a Cam Marshall, for me it was similar enough that I would sell the Cam and pocket some cash for something different....GAS is a hard thing to fight...... :doh:

exo-metal":12ri149y said:
Racerxrated":12ri149y said:
braintheory":12ri149y said:
For what it’s worth, one of my friends who plays very low tuned extreme metal stuff has a Fortin Meshuggah and got a 1987 jubilee recently and says that his jubilee with a boost in front totally smokes his meshuggah, even for his style. He’s a monster player. I’m gonna try to make a trip up there and hear them side by side for myself. I’m curious. I’ll also bring either my Atomica or Aldrich up to compare

The only Fortin amp I ever tried was a Natas and I didn’t care for it. It sounded a bit synthetic to me, too smooth/not enough growl on powerchords and while it was tight, there are many amps out there that are tighter. I was told it was Fortin’s attempt at the Elan Metalhead. It had though a metallic quality to it that I liked
Only reason I've sold most of the Cameron's I've had, I always had a Jubilee at the same time....I'd compare both and with a boost, the Jubilee was right there with the Cameron in most aspects....those EQs are very different than a normal 800 and have a wide range like a Wizard's EQ. Jubilee's have a nice growl that most amps do not have.
Maybe that's why Gary Holt is using boosted jubilee's on the last Slayer tour...not sure it can top the 2203 Mark just did for me, its just plain brutal.

I saw him say he was using DSL100H's?

YouTube it, for the Slayer tour he used the reissue jubilee. I'm not sure if they're modded or boosted. I know it's one or the other, I heard them and his tone/playing was next level.

exo-metal":54c67bq0 said:
YouTube it, for the Slayer tour he used the reissue jubilee. I'm not sure if they're modded or boosted. I know it's one or the other, I heard them and his tone/playing was next level.

They are boosted. He uses 2 Boost an Od 808 & the Maxon Super Tube.

napalmdeath":5egzkah0 said:
exo-metal":5egzkah0 said:
Racerxrated":5egzkah0 said:
braintheory":5egzkah0 said:

That's what he used to use until the Reissue Jubilees came out.

Detroit1973":3ogte8rc said:
napalmdeath":3ogte8rc said:
exo-metal":3ogte8rc said:
Racerxrated":3ogte8rc said:
braintheory":3ogte8rc said:

That's what he used to use until the Reissue Jubilees came out.

Good for him! Those are FAT sounding amps!

vultures":1rwgq2ex said:
scottosan":1rwgq2ex said:
FourT6and2":1rwgq2ex said:
mctallica1":1rwgq2ex said:
If you get past all the bullshit in this thread, there is a lot of great information here.

I’ve been playing for a LOOOONG time and have gone through a metric shit ton of high end high gain amps, but have virtually zero technical knowledge. Given all the experience I have, I do know what I like, but couldn’t tell you what resistors, caps, etc get me there.

Like I said.... lots of bullshit, but also some excellent info :thumbsup:

T

Here's some more excellent info:

Buy a Ceriatone 50-watt Chupacabra.

1. Change first two cathode resistors to 2K7
2. Swap the first two coupling caps around
3. Lower first plate resistor to 330K... or a 100K bypassed with 330pF in series with 220K
4. Revert the rest of the circuit back to STOCK Marshall specs (tone stack, PI, NFB, remove depth control, add the missing 10K B+ dropper, etc.)
5. Change the "feel" push/pull control's resistor to 68K and change the V1b input grid resistor to 68K

That will get you 99.99% of the way to your dream djent machine.
And here you can get a PCB to build the TC Integrated Pre

https://www.rullywow.com/product/chuggapre/

I just got mine. I'll.post details to omit/hardwire the bass/treble controls so that there will only be a level control like the 33

I've built two, one adjustable and one "33". They're not that great. :LOL: :LOL: Fun project for <$30 each though.

YogVhpU.jpg

You should go into business.

I would ask you to make me one but the 33 was probably the worst pedal I have owned.

maddnotez":17dv59d0 said:
vultures":17dv59d0 said:
scottosan":17dv59d0 said:
FourT6and2":17dv59d0 said:
mctallica1":17dv59d0 said:
If you get past all the bullshit in this thread, there is a lot of great information here.

I’ve been playing for a LOOOONG time and have gone through a metric shit ton of high end high gain amps, but have virtually zero technical knowledge. Given all the experience I have, I do know what I like, but couldn’t tell you what resistors, caps, etc get me there.

Like I said.... lots of bullshit, but also some excellent info :thumbsup:

T

Here's some more excellent info:

Buy a Ceriatone 50-watt Chupacabra.

1. Change first two cathode resistors to 2K7
2. Swap the first two coupling caps around
3. Lower first plate resistor to 330K... or a 100K bypassed with 330pF in series with 220K
4. Revert the rest of the circuit back to STOCK Marshall specs (tone stack, PI, NFB, remove depth control, add the missing 10K B+ dropper, etc.)
5. Change the "feel" push/pull control's resistor to 68K and change the V1b input grid resistor to 68K

That will get you 99.99% of the way to your dream djent machine.
And here you can get a PCB to build the TC Integrated Pre

https://www.rullywow.com/product/chuggapre/

I just got mine. I'll.post details to omit/hardwire the bass/treble controls so that there will only be a level control like the 33

I've built two, one adjustable and one "33". They're not that great. :LOL: :LOL: Fun project for <$30 each though.

You should go into business.

I would ask you to make me one but the 33 was probably the worst pedal I have owned.

I appreciate the compliment. I've thought about it a thousand times, but I think my "perfectionism" would keep me from sending anything out. I always end up reflowing joints to get them shiny or cutting resistors because they're not even with the others. :LOL: :LOL:

UberschallEL34":jpzkg052 said:
steve_k":jpzkg052 said:
Anyway you slice it, Mark Cameron made the best Marshall mods on the planet.

Wonder how his modded Wizard sounds :D
one in the classifieds section, down from $7k to $4k

Rick won't even let it cross back into Canada.

CrazyNutz":23lr4jnr said:
The way I look at these Jose amps, it's akin to a food dish. It's like a burger, pizza, or chili, etc.. Every chef tweaks the recipe, uses ingredients sourced from different places, etc.. At the end of the day it's still a burger, pizza, or chili. It's just you might find you like one burger joint over the other.

Other amps are this way too, for example SLO type amps. Recto's, 5150's, EVH, and many others are ripoff's of Soldano's amp.

Pro chef of 10+ years here <----
Great way to look at it.
Also, even though i'm the executive chef, not every dish is personally cooked and plated by me...even though i'd love for that to be physically possible.
I have minions too, as these amp builders must have.

I admit, i only checked out this thread to see how/why it was up to 6 pages. Entertaining stuff.
How do some of you guys spend 3k + on these kinds of amps though? Do you all lose your shirt trying to sell them when the next big thing hits?

JimAnsell":1c58pq0o said:
CrazyNutz":1c58pq0o said:
The way I look at these Jose amps, it's akin to a food dish. It's like a burger, pizza, or chili, etc.. Every chef tweaks the recipe, uses ingredients sourced from different places, etc.. At the end of the day it's still a burger, pizza, or chili. It's just you might find you like one burger joint over the other.

Other amps are this way too, for example SLO type amps. Recto's, 5150's, EVH, and many others are ripoff's of Soldano's amp.

Great way to look at it.
Also, even though i'm the executive chef, not every dish is personally cooked and plated by me...even though i'd love for that to be physically possible.

I admit, i only checked out this thread to see how/why it was up to 6 pages. Entertaining stuff.
How do some of you guys spend 3k + on these kinds of amps though? Do you all lose your shirt trying to sell them when the next big thing hits?

If you're buying an amp to play why would you focus on resale? For me personally these days I don't buy stuff I am intending to sell later, if I buy something that doesn't have a return policy it is because I am planning to keep it. I used to buy used gear to try out then resell it to try something else, but selling stuff has become too much of a hassle to do that with any frequency anymore.

JimAnsell":2wbaok0v said:
CrazyNutz":2wbaok0v said:

Great way to look at it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the only problem with my analogy is, restaurants market their burger, as a burger. Amp builders don't market their amp as a Jose, or a SLO type. They didn't have to because end users would not know. That's until you throw us hobbyists on the internet, and we spill the beans, haha!

CrazyNutz":22713t9c said:
JimAnsell":22713t9c said:
CrazyNutz":22713t9c said:

Great way to look at it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the only problem with my analogy is, restaurants market their burger, as a burger. Amp builders don't market their amp as a Jose, or a SLO type. They didn't have to because end users would not know. That's until you throw us hobbyists on the internet, and we spill the beans, haha!

Yes. This.

Guitar amps are now parity products. They're all the same under the hood. So when you buy one, you're really just buying the brand.

Lol parity product. This guy reads a schematic and suddenly he is the amp guru. Your amp sounds like nothing special yet you are telling us it can hang with a Fortin. :LOL: :LOL: fourtysixand2 is like the amp grinch. Spoiling tube amps for everyone. :LOL: :LOL:

Another Troll aacount ^^^

Demystifying something only ruins it when the only reason you liked it in the first place was because it was mysterious.

Back