NPD! Fishman Classic Open Core... LOVE them!

JerEvil

Man I have to say, I have been off actives for over 15 years. Was not loving the pickups in my Ironbird so I said screw it and grabbed the Fishmans.... holy HADES! They sound killer! All 3 voices are great. Really floored if I’m honest. I kind of held off on Fishman stuff because they just seemed “too on trend” for every import guitar made right now. Dumb reason I suppose!

0cJ6Sytl.jpg

A6KVHcXl.jpg

MdtIjmQl.jpg

crwnedblasphemy":13iqt49k said:
that’s a sick ass iron bird man
Thanks, eh!

It’s an AMZING player but just wasn’t jiving with the Dominions it came with. Tried a JB/59 set and some thing. Threw caution to the wind and got these Fishman’s and am pleased as punch.

I just got a set of the open core classics too...They are soo good ! ,...What's weird I tried a set of the covered classics a while back and didn't dig them as much. Not sure if it was the guitar or the open set sounds a little different , they have revisions also !

have you tried any of the moderns? I am stuck between these, the Killswitch Engage signataure set, and the Keith Merrow signature set.

DeathbyButterslax":1c31wo3j said:
have you tried any of the moderns? I am stuck between these, the Killswitch Engage signataure set, and the Keith Merrow signature set.
The Killswitch is my favorite one because it’s the tightest. The Abasi is my 2nd favorite. I had the Abasi and Moderns in the same guitar and they sounded almost identical except the Abasi had just a little more upper mids and nicer cleans. The Moderns and Abasi are thicker, beefier than the Killswitch, more lower mids, but not as tight or as fast attack, but still very tight compared to anything else

The Merrow set sounded less modern to me than the other sets and not as tight as the others, but still probably tight enough for most people

I haven’t tried any other sets but I love these guys. Got some quick vid on the iPhone of these and the newly installed 57/66 set in my Mammoth LPC through my Gemini.

braintheory":33i2dvat said:
DeathbyButterslax":33i2dvat said:
The Killswitch is my favorite one because it’s the tightest. The Abasi is my 2nd favorite. I had the Abasi and Moderns in the same guitar and they sounded almost identical except the Abasi had just a little more upper mids and nicer cleans. The Moderns and Abasi are thicker, beefier than the Killswitch, more lower mids, but not as tight or as fast attack, but still very tight compared to anything else

The Merrow set sounded less modern to me than the other sets and not as tight as the others, but still probably tight enough for most people

I agree the Merrow bridge is not so tight, it's more of a thick leaning towards passive tone. Didn't work for me but in the right guitar could probably kick ass. Killswitch set def the tightest and fastest responding but prob the most active sounding out of all the bridge pickups it doesn't have as much character as the others . Now the Willie Adler set might be my favorite for modern metal but I just wish they came in black , I have a set in gold and they kick ass.

JerEvil":2hbpv9nb said:
Wolf5151":2hbpv9nb said:
Can't you tell that you're not in tune ??
Yes... and?

peterc52":2hbpv9nb said:
How about the Will Adler ones? Have anyone tried those?
Supposed to be the “best” sounding set. Only comes in gold though.

Yeah its def one of the "best" for Metal and it is pretty versatile . If someone was looking for a set that covers more classic tones through rock , heavy rock and 80s Metal then the classic set is prob the best bet. The Adler set does Modern Metal tones better though , its very tight and aggressive in the active mode on the bridge pickup.

the4thlast1":2awvmym6 said:
JerEvil":2awvmym6 said:
Wolf5151":2awvmym6 said:
Yes... and?

peterc52":2awvmym6 said:

Yeah its def one of the "best" for Metal and it is pretty versatile . If someone was looking for a set that covers more classic tones through rock , heavy rock and 80s Metal then the classic set is prob the best bet. The Adler set does Modern Metal tones better though , its very tight and aggressive in the active mode on the bridge pickup.
Good to know. The Classic's are definitely my wheelhouse based on your reco. If they end up offering the Adler in a Black cover, I'll grab one for my RR24.

JerEvil":2plpbsq6 said:
Wolf5151":2plpbsq6 said:
Yes... and?

peterc52":2plpbsq6 said:

"Yes And " ??????
You don't care if you're in tune ??
All the flash shit means nothing if you can't even get the basics right.

Wolf5151":1j8aig46 said:
JerEvil":1j8aig46 said:
Wolf5151":1j8aig46 said:
Yes... and?

peterc52":1j8aig46 said:

"Yes And " ??????
You don't care if you're in tune ??
All the flash shit means nothing if you can't even get the basics right.
Didn’t realize it honestly until after. This was a quick grab to show the two. You will see I have HUNDREDS of perfectly tuned vids available on my regular channel.

Sorry your week had to start off so poorly and that my lack of tuning overshadowed this amazing iPhone capture...

the4thlast1":1092xjud said:
JerEvil":1092xjud said:
Wolf5151":1092xjud said:
Yes... and?

peterc52":1092xjud said:

How tight is the Adler compared to the Moderns or KSE? The Adler and Classics are the only ones I haven’t gotten to try yet

braintheory":1ejzhqle said:
the4thlast1":1ejzhqle said:
JerEvil":1ejzhqle said:
Wolf5151":1ejzhqle said:
Yes... and?

peterc52":1ejzhqle said:

How tight is the Adler compared to the Moderns or KSE? The Adler and Classics are the only ones I haven’t gotten to try yet

The Adler in active mode is maybe a little tighter than the modern bridge . The Killswitch Engage bridge is the tightest and has the least lowend which is part of the reason it has such a sharp attack on the low notes.

These sound pretty good ! Seems hotter than the regular classic set, which is a good thing. I have a Stephen Carpenter set in my charvel satchel sig and well ... those are way too hot. They do have a gnarly mid snarl though. I may take them out and get a set of these though. I am really digging these tones !

I wanted to try these and couldn’t decide between the moderns and classics. Then I saw this video where the guy compares the classics to the JB and I liked the JB better so my GAS subsided... :dunno:

Back