Guitar Makeover! Y’all might hate it! Lol!

JerEvil

Before

WCvbyXzl.jpg

After:

uFAaaOxl.jpg

pzGXbeDl.jpg

So another set of actives for the Khed! Swapped out the JB and 59 in the Mammoth LPC for this red set. Like I said in the Fishman thread, I’ve been off actives for some time. So far I’m really digging this 57/66 set. Less scooped in the mids than the 81 for sure.

Had a few snafu’s installing them because ... well, I’m an idiot. Finally got it all working thanks to a few bro’s on another forum.

Funniest was using the short connector cable not realizing you get two different lengths then pulling all the guts out twice!!! Lol! Called EMG and they basically said “rtfm!” Lol! Actually the dude was super helpful and offered to send me a long cable IF it was a mix up on packaging.

I don’t necessarily hate the gold hardware but will likely swap for black or nickel. Also peep th red/black speed knobs!

Monkey Man":2ueja6ph said:
I never imagined saying this in my life, but I like the knobs. :LOL: :LOL:

Nice one, Jez.
Lol! That’s what she said...

Thanks man! I’m really digging it. Love the pickups. They sound killer.

cardinal":17uz7m42 said:
Iron bird is awesome!!!
Yeah it’s a dream guitar for me for sure. These Fishman’s really fit the guitar well tonally. Really glad I grabbed them.

Gsxrbusa":17uz7m42 said:
I like it! :rock:
Thanks man! I love the red personally but I know they aren’t for everyone on this LP. The 57/66 set sounds a lot more “me” than say an 81 set.

Beyond Black":17uz7m42 said:
You're right, I hate it. :D But that Ironbird is the tits. :rock:
Lol! Yes!!! Yeah man the Ironbird is amazing. Lifer guitar for sure.

Back