Out with the NEW, in with the OLD!?

Rango

So I'm going to say it...
I didn't like my BE-50 Deluxe as well as I did my BE-100. :confused:

A "WTB" popped up for a BE-50 and I sold it. :)

First time in YEARS, I've been without a FRIEDMAN. :cry:

I'm having withdrawals, I've even thought about picking up a used Small Box to hold me over! Never have got to play one and I'm curious! :D

Waiting for the NAMM Show to hear the details on the BE 100 Deluxe. I'll pick one of those up or look for a bargain on a BE-100....

First World Problems. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DAVE -> Sweetwater only again or is everybody going to get the BE-100 Deluxe?

Ya not buying a BE100 now. Small Box maybe...

I think we will see non-deluxe BE100's below 2K once the new one hits the street....especially in this market. ;)

But I'm not even considering it until I get to play the Deluxe. I loved - BE and HBE on the 100, if it gets a lush clean channel? I may have to GO BIG. :D

Rango":ufd4161u said:
Ya not buying a BE100 now. Small Box maybe...

I think we will see non-deluxe BE100's below 2K once the new one hits the street....especially in this market. ;)

But I'm not even considering it until I get to play the Deluxe. I loved - BE and HBE on the 100, if it gets a lush clean channel? I may have to GO BIG. :D
Just an FYI: it's dead simple to convert the AC30-ish clean channel on a BE100 to Fender Blackface values. You won't have a mid pot, but just use a 6.8k resistor.

Maybe it's just me, but those older 2015/2016 BE100's have some serious mojo. If the prices drop a little on those after NAMM, you'll be in good shape.

Man...I would never get rid of my BE-50 Deluxe, not even for the 100W version. I love this amp more than any I have ever owned. It has been uber-reliable for me gig after gig and I am more than a year into owning it.

Truly the greatest sounding amp (to my ears at least) that I have ever owned.

My BE-212 is amazing as well.

Glad you like yours :thumbsup:

For me there's something "special" in the BE-100. :D

Everybody's ears are different and it's a good thing we DON't all like the same stuff - we gotta keep Dave in Tequila and Sushi! :D :rock:

From the hour or so I put into the Deluxe and the BE, I also preferred the BE. Don’t get me wrong, the Deluxe is one of the rippinest amps I’ve played. I just jive with the BE and I prefer the thicker sounding clean

misterspockyall":2w5jo0k7 said:
From the hour or so I put into the Deluxe and the BE, I also preferred the BE. Don’t get me wrong, the Deluxe is one of the rippinest amps I’ve played. I just jive with the BE and I prefer the thicker sounding clean

So what did you guys not like about the BE50? I'd love a BE100. Are you guys favoring the 2016+ BE100?

I love the features, flexibility, and tone of the BE50. Would love to have a BE100 DLX, but perhaps a regular ole BE100 would suit.

Junk Yard Dog":894xdeic said:
So what did you guys not like about the BE50? I'd love a BE100. Are you guys favoring the 2016+ BE100?

I love the features, flexibility, and tone of the BE50. Would love to have a BE100 DLX, but perhaps a regular ole BE100 would suit.

The 50 Deluxe is killer, a great amp and I'd be proud to have it. The clean was very nice but I found the cleans on BE100's and Tacos to feel a little thicker maybe in the mids? Is juicy an ok adjective to use here?

Owners with more hours will have better input. My main BE experience is with a 2018. BOTH are killer amps. It's like splitting hairs between two super hot women when I'd be smitten with either.

It’s all in what your ears like to hear as well. There is nothing wrong with liking one or the other. It’s a Friedman and thus, an awesome amp! I had a BE-100 the previous year and it was very nice as well. What I wanted was a smaller head shell with a lighter weight, a bit more more pissed off tone as well as a bit more bottom end thump and that is what the 60 does for me in spades!

I’ve also had the BE-50 (and every 40, 50 and 100w Friedman that exists). I still have my BE-100. And a Buxom Betty, but I use that for pedals. My BE has a 50/100watt switch and Depth and Response knobs, among other mods by Dave. The BE-50 got sold off. BE-100 stays.

Pxi2n5hl.jpg

Rango":t2c4h07i said:
Glad you like yours :thumbsup:

For me there's something "special" in the BE-100. :D

Everybody's ears are different and it's a good thing we DON't all like the same stuff - we gotta keep Dave in Tequila and Sushi! :D :rock:
I absolutely Love my BE-100 (2015) though Dave did a number of modifications, very reliable and sounds amazing. I sold my BE-50 Deluxe because it "Does Have" Many tonal options but side by side with my BE-100, there is just this Greatness that the 50 doesn't have (IMO)
From Fender/Vox Clean to one of the best "High-Gain" Modified Marshall tones (better than my Arrendondo, Jackson and Cameron modded Marshall's) Love it in live or IR situations!

Still the BE-50 Deluxe is a very good amp and I'm sure the 100w version will follow.

RedPlated, your BE-100 looks beautiful! I've always loved the Marshall-like look, Dave's amps are truly inspirational.

I'm looking forward to the 100 Deluxe... :) I generally a sucker for

SQUIRREL!!!! :D :D :D

Oh sorry, a sucker for new and shiny. :LOL: :LOL:
I'll give the new BE-100 Deluxe a listen - I hope there's a demo that starts off - "Here's the settings that replicate a stock Non-Deluxe BE-100" :thumbsup:
THEN starts twisting knobs to show me what you can do with the additional controls. ;) :D

...then I'll pick. ;) Either way I hope Dave sells a BUNCH of of the new stuff! :thumbsup:

I briefly had a BE-50 Deluxe. I thought the thump knob and fat switch did a VERY good job of compensating for the difference in feel between a 50 and 100 watt power section on the BE and HBE channels. I ended up returning it solely because the clean channel broke up too early for my liking. I will be ordering a 100 Deluxe once they are released.

Aside from wanting a little more clean headroom though, the 50 Deluxe is a fantastic amp and could hang with any 100-watter IMO

lukeburke1":26n76kz8 said:
I briefly had a BE-50 Deluxe. I thought the thump knob and fat switch did a VERY good job of compensating for the difference in feel between a 50 and 100 watt power section on the BE and HBE channels. I ended up returning it solely because the clean channel broke up too early for my liking. I will be ordering a 100 Deluxe once they are released.

Aside from wanting a little more clean headroom though, the 50 Deluxe is a fantastic amp and could hang with any 100-watter IMO
Somethings not right here. It stays clean for days with tons of headroom. :confused:

MantraSky":1hqprugv said:
RedPlated, your BE-100 looks beautiful! I've always loved the Marshall-like look, Dave's amps are truly inspirational.

Thanks!

It's the one amp I can never sell. It'll be with me for a long time...!

LP Freak":3tmtu0x3 said:
lukeburke1":3tmtu0x3 said:

Somethings not right here. It stays clean for days with tons of headroom. :confused:

Agree. My clean stays super clean throughout. Something must have been wrong.

Agree: the Thump and Fat switch did a VERY good job of giving it a 100W feel.

Junk Yard Dog":2lwl9cd0 said:
LP Freak":2lwl9cd0 said:
lukeburke1":2lwl9cd0 said:

Agree. My clean stays super clean throughout. Something must have been wrong.

Agree: the Thump and Fat switch did a VERY good job of giving it a 100W feel.

I had the volume on the clean channel at noon in full power mode using a Les Paul with BKP Black Dog humbuckers, so they're not really hot pickups, and I don't dig in too hard with my picking hand. The volume at noon got me to about the same level as my old Bogner Shiva's clean channel at 10:30-11:00. It stayed clean enough when playing arpeggios, but it broke up too much when I would try to strum chords. I briefly had a Runt 50 a while back, and it broke up at about the same level, so I really don't think it was an issue with the amp. I just like to play loud :D

Junk Yard Dog":1qqob4zd said:
misterspockyall":1qqob4zd said:

Dude the BE-100 is just so damn good! Mine is a 2018! Got the matching 412 today.

I went between the Slax and BE and ultimately the BE won out. I would still love a Slax though.

Back