Reverb treats all sellers like scammer scumbags

Tommyg06

I received the OK to ship email from Reverb back on the 14th of Dec. The buyer received 68 Telecaster on the 21rst, and immediately
put in for Refund. Reverb has kept my $3000 dollars and here I am in the new year with neither my Guitar or my $3000.
Never in my life have I felt so ripped off and victimized by Scammer in Salinas CA. and his partner REVERB.
All I get from Reverb now is , we will get back to you today, we are referring this to...,and yada yada yada for almost three weeks now.
If you sell anything on reverb you are out of your mind.

He was claiming there was a missing ferrel (the little round thing that gets tapped in around a tuning peg). The frets showed signs of wear, the neck pickup was,nt
The original. All of which were clearly visible in the sixteen photos on listing. (Each photo was at least 3MBs.). And each item talked about on our 40 minute phonecall. We talked about the difference between a three thousand dollar Telecaster and a Seven thousand dollar Telecaster. My beef is more with Reverb and the try before you buy guarantee they have with someone else's stuff. By the way Reverb sided with the buyer, and is shipping my guitar back to me. I probably won't see it for a few weeks if I'm correct about they're overall lack of caring. If you sell on reverb you are rolling the dice. I plan on posting pics on Rig Talk and you guys can decide for yourselves.

Tommyg06":3q7fgr5d said:
He was claiming there was a missing ferrel (the little round thing that gets tapped in around a tuning peg). The frets showed signs of wear, the neck pickup was,nt
The original. All of which were clearly visible in the sixteen photos on listing. (Each photo was at least 3MBs.). And each item talked about on our 40 minute phonecall. We talked about the difference between a three thousand dollar Telecaster and a Seven thousand dollar Telecaster. My beef is more with Reverb and the try before you buy guarantee they have with someone else's stuff. By the way Reverb sided with the buyer, and is shipping my guitar back to me. I probably won't see it for a few weeks if I'm correct about they're overall lack of caring. If you sell on reverb you are rolling the dice. I plan on posting pics on Rig Talk and you guys can decide for yourselves.
TBH, you are rolling the dice anywhere you sell online.

Unless it is a face to face transaction you are at risk as a seller. That is why I highly prefer to sell on Rig Talk, price gear lower on here and only deal with people who have been here with a track record. Even here people have been screwed over.

This sucks and sorry to hear about your issue but it is the truth, always a risk.

That’s whack. So reverb lets the buyer ask for a refund and gets it without first sending the item back?

What backwards ass company is this?

Note to self. Don’t sell anything on Reverb.

Back