First Time User Issues

BigMaccyD

Hello folks.

I apologise if this has been asked over and over but I cannot be bothered trailing through this to try and specifically what I would like, so I'll dive right in.

I got the Audient iD14 for Christmas there, and it came along with some really awesome plug-ins, one of them being the Torpedo Wall of sound.

I can't seem to get the flipping emulator to work. It's not the greatest, but my setup is as follows:

Guitar => Line 6 Spider Jam => Audient iD14 => PC

I'm using the Steinberg Cubase LE 9.5 software, and set up my mono inputs and stereo output. I have read the manual and know that I need to use a loadbox and then go into the audient. From my very basic understanding of hardware and tech, my Line 6 being a combo has the pre amp/power amp/speaker, and therefore has a loadbox, so I shouldn't have an issue. The Line 6 doesn't have an XLR or 1/4" Jack output, but instead an L/R stereo output (I'm using a stereo to mono cable).

So just a few actual questions now that I have explained what I need:

- Is the set up Ok, or am I missing something physical in the chain?
- Do I need to set up the audio connections in a different way at all? Does it need to be stereo outputs instead?
- Do the WoS settings have to be turned up to certain levels before I hear anything?
- Does the actual combo amp have to be set up in a certain way?

I would really appreciate any feedback and tips. I've never used or had any experience with any recording software or plugins, and the more I can learn the better. I have loads of terrible quality songs that I have made but I think it's time to up my game and go that extra mile \m/ :D

Your set is Ok, the loadbox is for poweramp-out, you needn't add it.
The only thing you need to do is to make sure the iD14 level not overflowing.
By the way, I don't recommend using this amp+WoS for recording. A preamp pedal or software amp vsts + WoS will be better.

Back