How TF did MC get the CCV to run tubes 100% at idle?

Equ1nox":2r4evgvl said:
keennay":2r4evgvl said:
My CCV burns the fuck out of the power tubes, even when biased correctly. Something's definitely wrong with it

Send it to me. I'll take care of it! I have Cameron CCV exact clone right down to the PCB if you want that and we can even swap.

Man, problems with your CCV. Problems with you Atomica....can someone give this brother a break!

We’re they actually Mark builds or the later half hearted attempts?

psychodave":27iyv229 said:
Equ1nox":27iyv229 said:
keennay":27iyv229 said:
My CCV burns the fuck out of the power tubes, even when biased correctly. Something's definitely wrong with it

Send it to me. I'll take care of it! I have Cameron CCV exact clone right down to the PCB if you want that and we can even swap.

Man, problems with your CCV. Problems with you Atomica....can someone give this brother a break!

lol. His amp copy is so good he’s willing to trade it for your “broken” one. :hys:

Give Mark a call if you think something is wrong.

Yes Ken. This, I would listen to Dave.

Nigel":wo6gfkby said:
GUISE!

Back to the topic at hand...

How is this Bias achieved? Is it cathode biased A-B? That would make more sense. The bias is the key to the tone, I'm telling you.

You seem quite convinced. I tend to believe the high bias will only stiffen up the action and cause undue issues. I was on the phone with Mark earlier. Wish I had known I would have asked. Why don’t you just ask the maker his self?

Peace out, DCH

Guys, I was able to get some results this weekend and would like to share them with you:

#1: Running double impedance on EL34 type tubes allows for 100%+ idle bias, with stability.

If you crank the amp, it will get loud, and not terribly over dissipate the tubes.

440v B+ with about 70-74ma gets the JJ E34L and KT77 at around 30 watts, which is the sweet spot.

Cranked to 5 and played, a bias of 80-90 is seen, but rarely 100. The M60 OT is 3K5, 8 ohm tap to 16 ohm load makes for 7K.

The response is like an acoustic guitar, simply engrossing.

Now I hit the half power switch which gets me to 220v, and then use the 16 ohm tap to 16 ohm load for a 3K5 primary Z.

Almost the same tone, plus longevity.

You guys really need to try running your amps this way if they have the build quality for the heat/flyback voltage.

HOLY SHITSNACKS!

Mark is a fucking genius!

Looks like full power mode brings the eventual red plate of death...but lord, the tone. How did Mark get them stable st 100+ more volts??? This Wizard magick must be known!

Back