Vivian Campbell Engl Blackmore Les Paul vid!

harddriver

I came across this 2018 vid of Viv with the Last in Line band with some classi DIO. The Engl sounds pretty good here, I'm not sure if that's his old Les Paul or not.

Back in the day he was the man. Looks like his old paul, pretty cool nobody has ripped it off. Happens too many times. Good post.

Always a great player to listen to! Glad that he was able to work with Gibson for his signature model. Loved his 80's guitars as well.

The last I heard as of a few years ago, he was using one Engl Blackmore half-stack and one Artist one. Every live Viv Last in Line clip I've heard with his LP / Engl setup is killer. :rock:

It's nice to Vinnie Appice still out there hitting the skins!!!!!!!!!

I'm not much of an Engl fan but I like the tone of that Blackmore.

Didn't Vivian usually run a Duncan Distortion in the bridge of the Les Paul?

I caught the tour in 2018, killer tone from the black LP and ENGL BM..I was nerding about it at the show, my wife just rolled her eyes :)

It's his old LP loaded with Duncan 59s. Kinda makes me want a Blackmore.

It would be great to see 'em live this year. Fingers crossed.
I was a giant fan back in those early days...

I may have to see if I can get close with my Splawn. I don't really have $2k to be playing with GAS at the moment. lol.

Ya I have owned a few Engls. Not the Blackmore though. They have their own tone (Least to me)
I got an original Powerball that when I play the Crunch channel its damn near perfect. The lead channel is too liquidy? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
If you can snag one on the cheap.... do it! :yes:

these are much better
there are also clips from Europe where Viv is using the Engl Artist SE (look for the green power light)

I’m pretty sure his signature model has a Super Distortion in the neck and a Super3 in the bridge. Of course I know we’re talking about his old LP though.

Back