Wall of Sound re-scans folder on every load of plugin

aroomstudios

I am using user IRs. I select the folder in menu "select user impulse directory..." The spinning arrow around searches for about 2 minutes then it comes up with 57000 or so files. Every time I load the plugin on and project or even the same project it does this. It takes about two minutes every time. Go to 1.50 of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMaNaHHk38g

It does it within 1 second. Why is mine taking so long? I have it on a ssd drive that is fast. I am using the vst3 version of the plugin on Cubase 9.5.

Anyhelp? I do not get this.

It's the same for me. I found this in the manual (not yet updated:) "Please note that the files must reside at the root of that folder, without any subfolders".
Then I've also found the plugin to be more stable if I don't have too many IRs in the chosen folder (443 right now).
The problem seems to be that it loads all the IRs in the folder at startup. The other IR-plugin I'm using seems to load each IR as i choose it, so it can be used with any number of IRs sorted up in subfolders.
This is the dark side of WoS, I guess.

Thanks for the response. I tried moving the folder to the root of the drive. Same thing happens. I tried Mixir2 it load everything in under 1 second. But the volume sliders do nothing. The plugin has not been updated in 5 years. I want to try Cab Lab 3 but they do not seem to have a demo. Neither does Impulsive. I would love to try these to make sure they work before I buy them. Which one do you use?

I do not know why 2 notes has not fixed this problem yet? Maybe they just want people to buy their cabs and not use wav IRs.

I use MixIR2 too. Works fine for me. I prefer WoS though.
With root they mean that there should not be any subfolders to the folder you choose. It doesn't have to be at the root of the drive, the IRs should be at the root of the folder.

The plugin has not been updated in 5 years

We released MANY updates this year, what version do you have? LAtest version is 4.3.2:

https://www.two-notes.com/en/downloads

With root they mean that there should not be any subfolders to the folder you choose. It doesn't have to be at the root of the drive, the IRs should be at the root of the folder.

That is correct, also we encourage not have billions of files in the same folder. ;)

And no we don't want to make the use of IRs hard, we appreciate your feedback to actually make it better!

guillaume_pille":bgzxtwo2 said:
That is correct, also we encourage not have billions of files in the same folder. ;)

And no we don't want to make the use of IRs hard, we appreciate your feedback to actually make it better!

To me it is a bit messy having to copy the most wanted IRs to a flat folder. Would be much easier if it were possible to use the IRs in their usual storage folder system. Easier to test and discard thoughts, change bit rate for different purposes and so on.
Now I have to go to mixIR2 if I want to be "impulsive" in my choice of impulses.

That said, I like WoS as it is, and it is its sound that is the primary thing.

Yes, I have to copy them. Sometimes I use IRs from three folders to get two mikes + room mikes. And that's only using one cab. After a while I want to try another cab... Most are not at the root of any folder.

The most common I have copied to a "torpedo folder", but when I want to use others I go to mixIR2.

I wonder, does WoS really have to read in all traditional IRs at startup? Or would it be possible to modify the software so it reads in individual IRs only when we choose them? WoS is manificent as it is except in this respect, so don't change anything if it hurts something else.

Here is an example of my folder structure:

Attachments

• irmapp.jpg
    irmapp.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 383
OK I'll make sure the team knows about the issue, we are releasing the new Torpedo Remote and the next order of business will be another round of fixes for WoS. ;)

Back