Torpedo CAB... Looking for EQ Filter Cab Sims

The Cab Clone is no better or worse than the other analog cab sims, so it's hardly dreaded.

Both Fractal and Kemper have added freq smoothing to their cab sims for those using FRFR speakers live, which of course makes standard IR's sound more like analog cab sims LOL!

So, if you're using FRFR speakers live try a analog cab sim IR.

McLeanAB":127iiqqo said:
guillaume_pille":127iiqqo said:
But getting the right tone for your song is a different beast, a subjective and artistic approach, so if the cabclone sound is what you need, I'm perfectly OK with that, and the good new is that you can load its response into your CAB. ;)

Exactly! As far as it being what I "need," I'm in serious doubt... but I'd like to try it out! With the Ampulator IR's (thanks Andy), I was able to tweak with the Power Amp section and serious EQ and got something spectacular (for my specific tastes) that I could make 5 or 6 distinctly different great presets with. Hopefully, I can do that with a few of the old analog filter sims, and possibly even the dreaded Cab Clone!

And yes, the Torpedo is an awesome machine...

By the way, Andy, the Korg Filter IR's are awesome...

Everything I'm playing with gets me in the ballpark of the ISP Theta rack preamp XLR cab sim (eq filter) out... BUT, I get to play with some subtle changes and add some grit, or smooth 2k high end... really awesome... thank you... I'll get to posting some presets soon!

Thanks to McLeanAB we now have 2 more goodies to play with. The Openback and Closed back modes of the Digital Music Corp CabTone

cabtone.jpg

They may be downloaded for free here http://exchange.two-notes.com/index.php and are compatible with all Torpedo products and plugins.

guillaume_pille":2ew8qfde said:
Just so you know we have been working on captures for Devin Townsend. Devin wanted to mix the sound of his Radial JDX and his Mesa rectifier Standard. I don't have the result(s) yet but they will be posted on the Two Notes Exchange. ;)

Any news on this?

Well, Devin is really really busy at this time so i don't have much news myself but I guess that after the holiday we will have some. ;)

NECRO BUMP!

Has anyone tried capturing the (as previously stated) "dreaded" Mesa Cab Clone? :)

Would love to know if it's on the Exchange somewhere... can't seem to find it!

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Wow I must have one hanging around but never thought of doing a capture to be honest. Will see if I can fit that in our schedule.

guillaume_pille":2ah8l1wg said:
Wow I must have one hanging around but never thought of doing a capture to be honest. Will see if I can fit that in our schedule.

Awesome!

You are more than welcome to ship that old clunker of a Cab Clone to me if you'd like! :)

I'm having a blast revisiting some of these old filter sims we started chatting about in this thread three years ago...

I picked up an old GK 100mpl, and it's only fitting to drive it through the WOSIII using the Exchange stuff!!!

Hey there all!

Another question: has anyone captured the analog filter sim on the Two Notes Captor for use in WOS or CAB?

Thanks!

Back