Good place to find a Used Mac?

skoora

Trying to find a used Mac, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air to replace my 2009 MBP as a DAW. What are some reputable sites or places to get a refurb/used Mac?

On my first day at my job in June, 2017, my boss took me to an Apple Store and got me a MacBook. I got laid off last week and asked if I could buy it from them. Our tech guy asked me to send him a screenshot of the machine's info, which read 2015. Big boss told me I could have it for $780. But I'm pushing for a freebie, as they have no use for it, aren't replacing me and it will just sit on a shelf somewhere. He's getting back to me any day now.

Rick Lee":29n52s5a said:
On my first day at my job in June, 2017, my boss took me to an Apple Store and got me a MacBook. I got laid off last week and asked if I could buy it from them. Our tech guy asked me to send him a screenshot of the machine's info, which read 2015. Big boss told me I could have it for $780. But I'm pushing for a freebie, as they have no use for it, aren't replacing me and it will just sit on a shelf somewhere. He's getting back to me any day now.

That’s nice.... :confused:

Rick Lee":3jn2vn8w said:

Asking for $780 is weird, it's probably the amortized value they still have on it. But accepting cash from exiting employees is tricky, writing off the loss is easier. You should be able to hang onto it.

I have a 2012 Mac Mini i7 quad core if you’re interested. Maxed out memory and SSD drive. Makes a great recording/DAW machine.

Steinmetzify":19wdkkf2 said:
Webb":19wdkkf2 said:
I have a 2012 Mac Mini i7 quad core if you’re interested. Maxed out memory and SSD drive. Makes a great recording/DAW machine.

How much dood?

Last I checked, similar specs were going for anywhere between $600-$800. I would do $500 shipped.

I bought a used 2013 i7 imac on craigslist for for like $500. It has all the power anyone could ever need. Have had it for a year now and couldnt be any happier.

Back