Killswitch Engage's Jesse Leach to take a break to seek help

311splawndude

I'm reading that Jesse Leach, lead singer, of Killswitch Engage is taking a break to take care of himself (mental illness). I'm a huge Killswitch fan. Mad props to him for opening up about it and also seeking help. Here is to Jesse in the hopes he gets the help he needs and gets back to it as soon as he can. :thumbsup:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge ... icide.html

I went to find a video for those not that familiar with KSE and actually found a youtube that describes this and reads his instagram post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp6mEOykO_8

Here is an actual vid. Bad ass song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HANCzu70us4

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Man, that is so awesome that he has acknowledged he has a problem and is getting help for it. I have anxiety and I don't think people realize how up and down it can be and how it can affect almost every aspect of your life.

I thought when they did that Dio cover that it was the end. God Bless them for continuing the struggle.

I'm a fan of the band but I don't know any of them personally or anything so won't comment on that stuff.

sutepaj":3ckhqne1 said:
I thought when they did that Dio cover that it was the end. God Bless them for continuing the struggle.

I was just listening to that yesterday on my IPod while working out. They did "Holy Diver" and an awesome version I must say.

Oblivion DC":2236wm8j said:
Well that sucks to hear. Any idea how this is going to affect the release of their new album?
Nope. Can't find anything anywhere.

I really feel for the guy. Album was delayed last spring because he had to get vocal cord surgery. They did invite Howard to come join in on a duet with Jesse. Now it sounds like he and his wife just got a divorce. Damn.

But yeah, I assumed the album was done or almost done. At this point who knows. It appears their tour with Parkway Drive is still set to kick off mid April :dunno:

It would be interesting, if needed, if Howard could step in and help finish the album (again - if needed) and get that tour kicked off (if needed). I dig each singer for different reasons.

napalmdeath":1hnleajj said:
Oblivion DC":1hnleajj said:
Well that sucks to hear. Any idea how this is going to affect the release of their new album?

Glad you're compassionate about it.
I said it sucks. Jesse Leech is one of my favorite singers and I love KSE. I should cry about it? No. It sucks but I can’t do shit for him and I’m not gonna pretend to be devastated about his situation. I am however interested in how the band is going to handle it seeing as they just spent the last year writing and recording their next album and just wrapped it up late in Dec of last year. Not to mention that this is the second time he’s walked away from the band and both times his new-wife/ex-wife has played more than a bit part in it.

311splawndude":31cz8hey said:
Oblivion DC":31cz8hey said:
Nope. Can't find anything anywhere.

I really feel for the guy. Album was delayed last spring because he had to get vocal cord surgery. They did invite Howard to come join in on a duet with Jesse. Now it sounds like he and his wife just got a divorce. Damn.
Do you know the guy or something? If not, you seem pretty emotionally invested in someone that we all essentially know equally simply as fans.

Repeat offender, hopefully he gets the help that he needs.

Sucks for him as well as the rest of the band having to keep go through this again and again.

D-Rock":36e2b393 said:
Do you know the guy or something? If not, you seem pretty emotionally invested in someone that we all essentially know equally simply as fans.
Nope

But as fans, we've lost enough of our rock 'n roll heroes to not raise awareness. Suicide has touched me in several ways over the years although not myself personally. If you've been close to it then you know what I mean.

Killswitch is one of my favorite bands ever. Top 10 if not top 5. Honestly, I like KSE due to the guitar and not so much who is singing. When I read Jesse's post I got out of it that he came pretty close to the end and decided to get help. So if one person reads this and decides to do the same thing because they look up to their heroes then the time spent typing it up, copy/pasting urls, and being passionate about it is is worth it IMO.

FourT6and2":2yfspr6s said:
I like KSE. Seems like the band takes its toll on singers.
I think I know what you are trying to say but that makes it read like it's somehow the bands fault that Jesse, then Howard, now Jesse again need to take a break for mental health problems. The band seems very close knit and family like imo so I'm assuming it is something else.

311splawndude":3i96uka1 said:
FourT6and2":3i96uka1 said:
I like KSE. Seems like the band takes its toll on singers.
I think I know what you are trying to say but that makes it read like it's somehow the bands fault that Jesse, then Howard, now Jesse again need to take a break for mental health problems. The band seems very close knit and family like imo so I'm assuming it is something else.

No I'm not saying the band members are doing something nefarious.

Hmm, same reason Howard Jones left. Probably Adam Dutkiewicz driving them crazy, that dude is a handful.

311splawndude":n70kivk0 said:
Nope

But as fans, we've lost enough of our rock 'n roll heroes to not raise awareness. Suicide has touched me in several ways over the years although not myself personally. If you've been close to it then you know what I mean.

Totally agree. Unfortunately my family has been affected by a suicide of a friend. Any support anyone gets helps.

The other day I was thinking about how different my 80s hair metal and hard rock hero memories are from the 90s stuff. It is unreal to think that Nirvana and Soundgarden both lost their lead singer/guitarists to suicide and STP and Alice in Chains lost their lead singers to drugs.

My wife kicked me out last April, I've lost half time with my young daughter and went from living in a nice house
to a one bedroom apartment.
I've since quit all drugs and alcohol and basically have zero social life and zero girlfriend prospects. Bad, bad shit.
But I guess because I haven't posted it on Instagram and I'm not a celebrity so none of it fucking matters to anyone.
I guess what I'm saying is that this climate of idolization makes me sick. Like their struggles are of more substance or something. They can disguise their motives as prevention all they want. It's bullshit. If some troubled fanboy who sees Jesse as some sort of "hero" and his announcement helps him then fine. Just don't make the dude out to be some saintly wounded lamb. He's just a guy with problems.

D-Rock":6oncebuq said:
My wife kicked me out last April, I've lost half time with my young daughter and went from living in a nice house
to a one bedroom apartment.
I've since quit all drugs and alcohol and basically have zero social life and zero girlfriend prospects. Bad, bad shit.
But I guess because I haven't posted it on Instagram and I'm not a celebrity so none of it fucking matters to anyone.
I guess what I'm saying is that this climate of idolization makes me sick. Like their struggles are of more substance or something. They can disguise their motives as prevention all they want. It's bullshit. If some troubled fanboy who sees Jesse as some sort of "hero" and his announcement helps him then fine. Just don't make the dude out to be some saintly wounded lamb. He's just a guy with problems.

I was in your shoes 18 years ago. Although wasn't from substance abuse. Killed me being away from my daughter, I know your pain. Glad you quit the substance. Keep focus on you, don't worry, or get upset about some semi-famous dude being idolized. That way of thinking is unhealthy, and non-productive for you getting back on your feet.

D-Rock - I get what you are saying man, and good for you for getting clean.

Sorry if my thread touched a nerve in the wrong way. That was not my intention. I read from Jesse's note that he wanted to get the word out in the hopes it might help others. That and there are a handful of people that have been anxiously awaiting their next album. It takes a lot of courage to do that whether you're famous or just a forumite like most of us. Jesse just happens to have been a part of some musical art that has touched thousands if not millions of fans. If his words/lyrics have touched people whether it is through instagram or a published album then I see no problem in acknowledging that and using it as a platform for prevention.

That said, I can almost guarantee you that if you had created a thread here at Rig-Talk that you were struggling and almost came to the brink, that you would have a ton of support from us if you asked for it. :)

Back