Looking for an overdrive pedal

BrentSSL

Looking for a overdrive pedal to just add some hair or sizzle to me tone with my Rectoverb. I don't want a boost and I want bass control.

BrentSSL":1xrg36vb said:
Looking for a overdrive pedal to just add some hair or sizzle to me tone with my Rectoverb. I don't want a boost and I want bass control.

Green Rhino, or Seymour Duncan 805. If you want more transparent, I'd say a TC Spark Boost.

Bought a Suhr Shiba Reloaded recently. Love it. Adds a lot of character & is really sound enhancing compared to other TS type pedals i've had in the past. You can adjust the output to match amp volume & toggle the gain settings.

I liked the shiba reloaded when I had it. I really like the golden pearl because you can turn off the clipping and high cut options off. Most transparent drive I have ever used. Sounds like part of your amp. Shiba will give you just a bit more color if you are looking for it.

I'm trying to keep it around the 150 range used and I guess what is the lightest boost possible?

I have the Walrus Audio Messner, it's always on. Light OD, very "transparent", awesome pedal.
Last week I got the Mythos Mjolnir and use it for the same purpose. It is great too. It adds more character to the sound than the Messner, but is still a pretty light OD pedal.

BrentSSL":32ephsc8 said:
I'm trying to keep it around the 150 range used and I guess what is the lightest boost possible?

Your OP says you don't want a boost. You want an overdrive.....

How much "boost" you get from an overdrive entirely depends on how you set the knobs. There's a bunch of different flavors of overdrive out there with bass controls.

BrentSSL":1sv7g3y6 said:
Try a Digitech Bad Monkey. You can find them for around $45-50 used. I know you are laughing thinking "Bad Monkey?" You would be shocked to know how many big time players keep these in their arsenal, and for a good reason.

Metlupass2":3p9fucki said:
BrentSSL":3p9fucki said:

Your OP says you don't want a boost. You want an overdrive.....

Lol sorry I mean overdrive it's very easy to get them confused.

sutepaj":2adeet4m said:
BrentSSL":2adeet4m said:
Try a Digitech Bad Monkey. You can find them for around $45-50 used. I know you are laughing thinking "Bad Monkey?" You would be shocked to know how many big time players keep these in their arsenal, and for a good reason.

I have a bad monkey what are some good settings for it for an over drive?

harddriver":330gkcut said:
Maxon OD808... there is a reason tons of Recto and 5150 players use them.

I agree however it's mostly to tighten up the tone. I am using a. 50 watt Rectoverb with el34s sound is already pretty tight lol.

BrentSSL":2mbdv8el said:
harddriver":2mbdv8el said:
Maxon OD808... there is a reason tons of Recto and 5150 players use them.

I agree however it's mostly to tighten up the tone. I am using a. 50 watt Rectoverb with el34s sound is already pretty tight lol.

Best thing for a Recto is a good old TS9. Period.

First thought, bad monkey... For what you want, i would keep the volume 1-2 and the gain at 0. treble at noon, bass to your liking

Hoooolllllly crap worked like a charm thank you now if I can just get my amp to stop getting in radio signals

Back