Tom Anderson Guitars/Custom Shop

I ordered an Anderson on Halloween that will be here later this month. It was scheduled for a January ship date and through Anderson heard it was in paint around mid December. The dealer said Anderson always hits the build month. Unreal!

I ordered through Distinctive Guitar in Milwaukee who gave me one of their upcoming build dates. For comparison, I have a Suhr on order at Matt’s and called them first. When I asked them about their next Anderson build slot it was April/May if I remember right. Just sharing that as it pays to ask more than one dealer.

The Anderson on order is a Pro Am being made that will look exactly like the the white one at the bottom of the link below. I never saw a guitar that I had to have it until I saw this one...Bad ass! I changed some specs (+.100 even taper neck, jumbo frets, boost circuit, etc). I have spoken with the dealer at Distinctive and Roy at Anderson. Both have been awesome to work with thus far!

https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/gui ... ber-8-2018

Finally, to show how the Anderson people roll, I traded Brad for a new Anderson when he had his shop. When it arrived it had really bad fret sprout. I contacted Tom and he had me ship it back on his dime and had it back to me in two weeks even though the issue happened at the dealer. Total class act.

Not only has every Anderson I’ve played been incredible, but I’ve spoke to Tom a few times and he is as nice as it gets. I would not hesitate to get one of his guitars.

This thread is fuckin killing me. I really wasn't ready to order an Anderson, but now I'm on the verge of just saying fuck it and ordering up sooner than later :bash:

I have owned a bunch and played a bunch more. They have all been absolutely top-notch in every way. Criminally underrated. I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

ripleyripley":37md3cz4 said:
I ordered an Anderson on Halloween that will be here later this month. It was scheduled for a January ship date and through Anderson heard it was in paint around mid December. The dealer said Anderson always hits the build month. Unreal!

I ordered through Distinctive Guitar in Milwaukee who gave me one of their upcoming build dates. For comparison, I have a Suhr on order at Matt’s and called them first. When I asked them about their next Anderson build slot it was April/May if I remember right. Just sharing that as it pays to ask more than one dealer.

The Anderson on order is a Pro Am being made that will look exactly like the the white one at the bottom of the link below. I never saw a guitar that I had to have it until I saw this one...Bad ass! I changed some specs (+.100 even taper neck, jumbo frets, boost circuit, etc). I have spoken with the dealer at Distinctive and Roy at Anderson. Both have been awesome to work with thus far!

Finally, to show how the Anderson people roll, I traded Brad for a new Anderson when he had his shop. When it arrived it had really bad fret sprout. I contacted Tom and he had me ship it back on his dime and had it back to me in two weeks even though the issue happened at the dealer. Total class act.

That’s awesome man I actually saw that guitar on the site and loved it! You getting it with a normal trem like that? I actually think it’d be badass in Hardtail.

MetalHeadMike":37md3cz4 said:
This thread is fuckin killing me. I really wasn't ready to order an Anderson, but now I'm on the verge of just saying fuck it and ordering up sooner than later :bash:

Same man. Same. You guys have gone done it! Now I have to sell something so I can order a custom Anderson

Yeah Anderson makes great stuff. Tom Anderson and John Suhr are friends and their guitars do have lot's of similarities. I did find a difference in their pickups.

jsnow":214w7k8z said:
Thinking something like this for a custom build, but not an angel, a pro am probably. And not a big Floyd guy, so maybe a regular trem or hardtail

Do it! Love the vibe on that one. Even better would be pro am, HSS pickup config, minus the floating bridge.

ripleyripley":2vg5zf8m said:

That white one caught my eye too. I was going to grab it from GC in Nashville, but I was told it was being sold to Peter Frampton.

Did you go with the short scale, like the one in the link? Post some pics when it arrives.

littleguitars":384ptl9e said:
ripleyripley":384ptl9e said:

That white one caught my eye too. I was going to grab it from GC in Nashville, but I was told it was being sold to Peter Frampton.

Did you go with the short scale, like the one in the link? Post some pics when it arrives.

I went with long scale. I added jumbo frets, VA Boost and +.100 even taper making it something like .91-.97 if I remember right. Oddly, the one in the pic isn’t white according to Anderson and said it wa a trans blonde. It looks white in the pic so I also did it in trans white with the bar set-up for a tiny bit of float.

Roy at Anderson did mention Peter Frampton was going to get it but took a day or two too long and it was sold to someone else.

Will definitely post pictures. It should ship by end of month. Not sure how it came up but my birthday is this month (Jan 18) and the serial number will be 1-18-19. I thought that was a nice/quirky little touch.

I have two Andersons. For me, they are the best guitars, without any doubt. They are actually made about 10 miles from me.

ripleyripley":9y7o32vg said:

That guitar looks amazing! :thumbsup:

The Hoff":369uqqro said:
I have two Andersons. For me, they are the best guitars, without any doubt. They are actually made about 10 miles from me.

Ever stop by there?

What TAs do you have now?

Back