Doug Aldrich Burning Rain.

I am a big fan of Doug's playing, but I haven't been a fan of his singers on his solo projects, which hinders me from enjoying them. I liked Hurricane, House of Lords, and the stuff that he did with Dean C (written by someone else), but Kal and the other guy are not my favorites. I think that this song and many of his others show how important it is to have a singer that can write a melody. I love some newer indie bands and they are writing basic, four chord songs as well, but they are interesting because the singers take liberties and go places with the melodies that older rock guys don't.

Pie in the sky, but I would have preferred to see Doug stay in Whitesnake. As the only guitarist - no need for 2 players since 1987
The songwriting and playing on Forevermore was top notch, but has been missing in all Doug has done since
The Dead Daisies are pretty good, although Doug at lower gain is like driving a Mustang at 20mph in top gear

I don't care for drop tuned songs. I like drop D, if it goes below that I don't care for it. I don't even like to tune to Eb.
Other than the fact that it was tuned down I liked it. Doug can flat out play.
Looks like I'm in the minority on this one but that's ok. I'm a fan of what was considered metal in the '80s. I just spent the last 3 days learning the lead to "flying high again " by Ozzy. SO It should come as no surprise that I liked it.

The first 2 albums are killer, my fave DA tone (along with the Live In The Still Of The Night DVD)

Hate the production on the last 2

Back