2525h volume drops at gigging volume

To OP.

As sad as it sounds, check the tubes again.

I bought an amp from Sweetwater a while back. Had issues, replaced with brand new tubes. Issue still there.

I had a return ready to go, packed in the box ready for after work. My buddy convinced me to try different tubes. I gave it one more shot before going to UPS. Sure enough, the brand new tested tubes I bought were bad.

Well, I finally got the head back and I've been playing it for well over an hour. I can't find any issues with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20190115_173727.jpg
    IMG_20190115_173727.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 226
At least you got it back with no damage. I'm not surprised you are finding no issues. The buyer probably just did not like it and exercised the liberal return policies being pushed on user gear sellers.

In the old days if you bought a used amp that you did not jive with you would just re-sell it.

Nowadays buyers know they can try any used amp and return it if they lie about a malfunction and then return it, it's a win win for them until they sell something and are expecting a buyer with some ethics and moral conviction. :gethim:

ledvedder":yxvqdmow said:
Well, I finally got the head back and I've been playing it for well over an hour. I can't find any issues with it.

Cool trio of amps you have there now. I`d put the grill back on the EVH ASAP but that's just me

hammered":1tbv50uv said:
ledvedder":1tbv50uv said:

Cool trio of amps you have there now. I`d put the grill back on the EVH ASAP but that's just me
Thanks! I had it off because I was experimenting with preamp tubes.

ledvedder":2wn9mrtr said:

1ymvbd.jpg

Another asshole abusing the system. I told you he was full of shit. If you haven't, leave negative feedback. Let others know his game.

Back