Killswitch Engage's Jesse Leach to take a break to seek help

Thanks guys, and I'm sorry. Part of this whole thing I'm stuck in right now is that I get very impatient and irritable.
My mom is 67 and was diagnosed with cancer the day after Mother's Day. She's not doing so well right now as the chemo is tearing her apart physically and mentally. Right now I'm trying to be strong for her and my Dad. It's alot to deal with on my end.

D-Rock":36xym1oc said:
Thanks guys, and I'm sorry. Part of this whole thing I'm stuck in right now is that I get very impatient and irritable.
My mom is 67 and was diagnosed with cancer the day after Mother's Day. She's not doing so well right now as the chemo is tearing her apart physically and mentally. Right now I'm trying to be strong for her and my Dad. It's alot to deal with on my end.

Hey man, no reason to apologize. I was so glad when I saw this post because although it is focused on someone famous, I knew there would be people on the forum that indirectly would benefit from seeing it. Although it can be frustrating to see someone famous, who has everything essentially, they are just like us when you get down to it.

Just know that although we all post on these forums about guitars and amps, there are people on here struggling with all types of things. They may not post anything about their life but could be going thru things.

I won't go into details, but 2017 into 2018 were the hardest years of my life for a myriad of reasons and at times I started wondering if I was going to be able to handle it. This forum really helped because I could get away from things and read a funny post or think about gear I wanted to buy, etc. Helped clear my mind.

Stay positive man and just take every hour and every day at a time. With this fast paced world now we all tend to think that we have to handle things like everyone else. Life can be hard but there is absolutely always a positive way to look at things and always gets better. We just have to change our way of thinking sometimes. :)

D-Rock":17hz70oj said:
My wife kicked me out last April, I've lost half time with my young daughter and went from living in a nice house
to a one bedroom apartment.
I've since quit all drugs and alcohol and basically have zero social life and zero girlfriend prospects. Bad, bad shit.
But I guess because I haven't posted it on Instagram and I'm not a celebrity so none of it fucking matters to anyone.
I guess what I'm saying is that this climate of idolization makes me sick. Like their struggles are of more substance or something. They can disguise their motives as prevention all they want. It's bullshit. If some troubled fanboy who sees Jesse as some sort of "hero" and his announcement helps him then fine. Just don't make the dude out to be some saintly wounded lamb. He's just a guy with problems.
You're being far too sensitive. I'm not a KSE fan really. I liked Alive or Just Breathing when it was fresh and literally nothing else. But it's perfectly normal to relate to an artist through their struggles, even if their problems are not exactly the same. There can be a certain amount of comfort in knowing that people who create or achieve something are humans like everyone else, and deal with their own share of bullshit, externally and internally. You can definitely let people have a heart without a tirade about "climate of idolization" because you can't personally relate with your specific situation.

D-Rock":2mzp4hi8 said:
Stay strong and good luck to your mom. Mojo sent :)

Back