New Herbert MK3 owner here

Gsxrbusa

What an amazing amp! I have owned the original Herbert(#18), a D-Moll, a Paul, played a VH4 for a couple weeks but this MK3 is perfect for my style. Ch2 + is worth the price alone. The midi controllable + - is freaking awesome. Great, usable feature! The amp seems tighter, more clear and focused to my ears. The bottom end is massive and incredible as usual with a Herbert but what impressed me the most is that it has this crazy mean ass mid grind that is addicting to say the least. Ch2+ is thicker than Ch3. Kind of hard to describe but it's great for rhythm. Ch3 is great for lead but could be used for rhythm with ease. The clean channel is typical Diezel clean awesomeness. I don't play a lot of clean but for a high gainer it's fantastic.

I normally don't write reviews anymore because I don't care enough but this new Diezel is pure freakin magic and is in my top 2 best amps ever owned (that's saying a lot considering all the amps I have owned/own) It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. :)

Great job Peter!

I bought this amp new from The Guitar Guru Network. Keith has stellar customer service, I highly recommend them!

I added blue leds to it already. :confused: :doh: I can't help it. I like the look. It looks amazing in person and much better than the pics depict.

XuIbuODl.jpg

This pic has a the subtle leds, the other pics have a different, higher output set. :dunno:
oe5lN5fl.jpg

BAcUVcyl.jpg

Yowza! Congrats dude!
Your collection is killer bro.
How tight do you think it is? I sold my mkII because after a while, it just seemed so unfocused.
I’ve been real curious on the mkIII, if it was “that” much tighter.
What speakers you playing it with?
How’s it compare to some of your other monsters? For tightness, and mid grind?
I bet this will bring lots of enjoyment buddy.
Your honestly given me some gas already, to try the new one :doh:
And it’s all black :doh:

Gsxrbusa":14l0p715 said:
It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. :)
That doesn't really mean that much - I've had my old Herbie for over 12 years now and that still puts a smile on my face quite often! :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, I am a bit jealous. I never play channel 2+ normally because ch1 only does clean and ch3 only really does heavy, so I have to use Ch2- for my medium gain sounds. I have been in the early stages of toying with the idea of saving up for a Hagen too for added "openness" and "rawer rock" from what I gather, but you're making me ponder whether I want my trusty old amp I've been pretty happy with for over a decade, but with added greatness and effectively 4 channels via MIDI! :doh: :aww: :confused: ;)

Awesome Tommy Boy!!
Like we talked earlier. I just got a Herbert mkII last month.
Freakin amps are crushing machines!!

:rock:

LunatiBSW":1nf4f9fn said:
Yowza! Congrats dude!
Your collection is killer bro.
How tight do you think it is? I sold my mkII because after a while, it just seemed so unfocused.
I’ve been real curious on the mkIII, if it was “that” much tighter.
What speakers you playing it with?
How’s it compare to some of your other monsters? For tightness, and mid grind?
I bet this will bring lots of enjoyment buddy.
Your honestly given me some gas already, to try the new one :doh:
And it’s all black :doh:

Thanks brother! Appreciate that! I feel it's tighter in a good way. I tend to use pickups that seem boosted to begin with ( Fishman Fluence Moderns or KSE sigs and EMG 81) so it tightens things up naturally on the front end. Since I have been playing the MK3 I have never wanted it to be more tight. I'm playing through 8 different cabs but they all have either Celestion Redbacks, 75W Creambacks, or an X pattern of them both. So far this Diezel has earned it's way into the top 2 positions and I currently own 24 tube amps. :scared: :aww: :confused: :cry: :poke: :D :LOL: :LOL:

I'll make a clip soon. Hopefully this weekend.

Me":1nf4f9fn said:
Gsxrbusa":1nf4f9fn said:
It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. :)
That doesn't really mean that much - I've had my old Herbie for over 12 years now and that still puts a smile on my face quite often! :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, I am a bit jealous. I never play channel 2+ normally because ch1 only does clean and ch3 only really does heavy, so I have to use Ch2- for my medium gain sounds. I have been in the early stages of toying with the idea of saving up for a Hagen too for added "openness" and "rawer rock" from what I gather, but you're making me ponder whether I want my trusty old amp I've been pretty happy with for over a decade, but with added greatness and effectively 4 channels via MIDI! :doh: :aww: :confused: ;)

:) :D Hell yeah brother! I never intended to put down the Mk1 or Mk2 in anyway, they are stellar amps! I do feel that Diezel has improved upon a killer amp. Do the changes validate purchasing the new version? I personally think so but it may be subjective. I plan on getting both in the same room soon. I have a friend that owns an MK2 so we will be throwing down to see whats what. I'm really excited to do the comparison.

Evil Z06":1nf4f9fn said:
That is an insane wall of amps......What does the cabinet wall look like?

Thank you good sir! Lemme show you. :)

q2huKhhl.jpg

Mailman1971":1nf4f9fn said:
Awesome Tommy Boy!!
Like we talked earlier. I just got a Herbert mkII last month.
Freakin amps are crushing machines!!

Thank you my brother from another Mother! :D Diezel tone is fucking amazing! :cheers: :emofag: :emofag: :worship: :rawk:

crankyrayhanky":1rgqy0la said:
Subscribed for the Herbert battle!

MourningEngine":1rgqy0la said:
I totally agree to everything you wrote about the new Mk3. It's insane. :rock:

HerbertMk3_Hagen.jpg

Awesome bro! I think I may have to get a Hagen next. If you don't mind Could you elaborate on the differences between the MK3 and the Hagen?

Gsxrbusa":jerfgx38 said:
Awesome bro! I think I may have to get a Hagen next. If you don't mind Could you elaborate on the differences between the MK3 and the Hagen?
+1! ;)

Gsxrbusa":u956bu1k said:

The Hagen has more of that "wall of sound" thing going on. It's fatter in the low mids and dryer compared to the Herbert Mk3. It's also not as tight. For me it's not an amp for ultra fast chuggy riffing but for more dynamic playing. It really shows all the details of your playing.

Ch1 of Hagen is out of this world. Best clean sound ever: rich, open, shimmery, three-dimensional. Ch1 on the Herbert is more HiFi.

I hope that helped a bit.

MourningEngine":24l4ovco said:
Gsxrbusa":24l4ovco said:

The Hagen has more of that "wall of sound" thing going on. It's fatter in the low mids and dryer compared to the Herbert Mk3. It's also not as tight. For me it's not an amp for ultra fast chuggy riffing but for more dynamic playing. It really shows all the details of your playing.

Ch1 of Hagen is out of this world. Best clean sound ever: rich, open, shimmery, three-dimensional. Ch1 on the Herbert is more HiFi.

I think I need one then! :LOL: :LOL: Thanks for that sir! :thumbsup:

Gsxrbusa":tlc9t4dd said:
MourningEngine":tlc9t4dd said:
Gsxrbusa":tlc9t4dd said:

I think I need one then! :LOL: :LOL: Thanks for that sir! :thumbsup:
Race you to it!!! :rock:

Back