New Herbert MK3 owner here

DragonCrestPC":3ue1m6pn said:
Congrats, i look forwards to trying one soon!

Thank you good sir! I recommend trying one out!

Mailman1971":3ue1m6pn said:
Gsxrbusa":3ue1m6pn said:
MourningEngine":3ue1m6pn said:
Gsxrbusa":3ue1m6pn said:
Awesome bro! I think I may have to get a Hagen next. If you don't mind Could you elaborate on the differences between the MK3 and the Hagen?

The Hagen has more of that "wall of sound" thing going on. It's fatter in the low mids and dryer compared to the Herbert Mk3. It's also not as tight. For me it's not an amp for ultra fast chuggy riffing but for more dynamic playing. It really shows all the details of your playing.

Ch1 of Hagen is out of this world. Best clean sound ever: rich, open, shimmery, three-dimensional. Ch1 on the Herbert is more HiFi.

I hope that helped a bit.

I think I need one then! :LOL: :LOL: Thanks for that sir! :thumbsup:
Race you to it!!! :rock:

Hahahaha. You will probably beat me.

Gsxrbusa":j8gigyc5 said:
What an amazing amp! I have owned the original Herbert(#18), a D-Moll, a Paul, played a VH4 for a couple weeks but this MK3 is perfect for my style. Ch2 + is worth the price alone. The midi controllable + - is freaking awesome. Great, usable feature! The amp seems tighter, more clear and focused to my ears. The bottom end is massive and incredible as usual with a Herbert but what impressed me the most is that it has this crazy mean ass mid grind that is addicting to say the least. Ch2+ is thicker than Ch3. Kind of hard to describe but it's great for rhythm. Ch3 is great for lead but could be used for rhythm with ease. The clean channel is typical Diezel clean awesomeness. I don't play a lot of clean but for a high gainer it's fantastic.

I normally don't write reviews anymore because I don't care enough but this new Diezel is pure freakin magic and is in my top 2 best amps ever owned (that's saying a lot considering all the amps I have owned/own) It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. :)

Great job Peter!

I bought this amp new from The Guitar Guru Network. Keith has stellar customer service, I highly recommend them!

I added blue leds to it already. :confused: :doh: I can't help it. I like the look. It looks amazing in person and much better than the pics depict.

XuIbuODl.jpg

This pic has a the subtle leds, the other pics have a different, higher output set. :dunno:
oe5lN5fl.jpg

BAcUVcyl.jpg

Thank you so much :rock:

Gsxrbusa":dgrq5ro4 said:
What an amazing amp! I have owned the original Herbert(#18), a D-Moll, a Paul, played a VH4 for a couple weeks but this MK3 is perfect for my style. Ch2 + is worth the price alone. The midi controllable + - is freaking awesome. Great, usable feature! The amp seems tighter, more clear and focused to my ears. The bottom end is massive and incredible as usual with a Herbert but what impressed me the most is that it has this crazy mean ass mid grind that is addicting to say the least. Ch2+ is thicker than Ch3. Kind of hard to describe but it's great for rhythm. Ch3 is great for lead but could be used for rhythm with ease. The clean channel is typical Diezel clean awesomeness. I don't play a lot of clean but for a high gainer it's fantastic.

I normally don't write reviews anymore because I don't care enough but this new Diezel is pure freakin magic and is in my top 2 best amps ever owned (that's saying a lot considering all the amps I have owned/own) It puts a smile on my face every time I fire it up. :)

Great job Peter!

I bought this amp new from The Guitar Guru Network. Keith has stellar customer service, I highly recommend them!

I added blue leds to it already. :confused: :doh: I can't help it. I like the look. It looks amazing in person and much better than the pics depict.

XuIbuODl.jpg

This pic has a the subtle leds, the other pics have a different, higher output set. :dunno:
oe5lN5fl.jpg

BAcUVcyl.jpg

That looks amazing. Where did you get the led lighting?

Peter Diezel":2dn5bqy3 said:
Gsxrbusa":2dn5bqy3 said:

Great job Peter!

Thank you so much :rock:

Thank you so much Sir! I LOVE the new Herbert. :rock:

justin":2dn5bqy3 said:
Gsxrbusa":2dn5bqy3 said:

Great job Peter!

That looks amazing. Where did you get the led lighting?

I just get the LED strips from Ebay and the driver from amazon. :)

Fuck me :shocked: :inlove: :rawk:

Beautiful WALL OF AMPS AND ROOM OF CABS!!!!!!!

Nicely done, ya bugger - do ya miss my old TJ Purple?!?!!?

Herbert Mk.3 - ya know?? I never gelled with the Herbert... Love the VH4 and Hagen.

But this post is making me kinda sorta wanna - ah hell, Herr Diezel...Sobald wir uns mit diesem aktuellen Auftrag befasst haben, glaube ich, müssen wir über diesen neuen Herbert sprechen :salute:

Killer set up Brother Tom!! Killer :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ventura":22dxnafe said:

Herbert Mk.3 - ya know?? I never gelled with the Herbert... Love the VH4 and Hagen.

But this post is making me kinda sorta wanna - ah hell, Herr Diezel...Sobald wir uns mit diesem aktuellen Auftrag befasst haben, glaube ich, müssen wir über diesen neuen Herbert sprechen :salute:

:LOL: :LOL: Thank you brother Mo! It's a bunch of fun! I'm not sure what the German says but it should say "Peter, I need a Herbert MK3 in my life" :LOL: :LOL: :D

Thanks again brother!

Gsxrbusa":1r1n7vjc said:
Ventura":1r1n7vjc said:

:LOL: :LOL: Thank you brother Mo! It's a bunch of fun! I'm not sure what the German says but it should say "Peter, I need a Herbert MK3 in my life" :LOL: :LOL: :D

Thanks again brother!
Nailed it :thumbsup:

clips... just... gimme some good clips there's literally 2-3 videos out 2 of which sound like crap

How would you say this new iteration of the Herbert compares to the VH4..??

I have to admit, I am curious. My experience with the Herbert initially was - mega low-end, crushing, scooped, and decent higher registers; clean was decent; crunch left a bit to be desired, but the biggest personality to it was the midcut feature which made the amp sound absolutely badass. The only problem was - it made it sound absolutely badass only solo. I never seemed to cut through the mix. And it had more than adequate volume (6 powertubes, no shit) but volume didn't remedy the situation. It simply didn't cut through.

I'm keen to know how this Mk.III sounds against the VH4
I'd also be keen to know what shapes it differently from the previous iterations of the Mk.I and Mk.II for that matter.

Whatever you can offer here - you've covered a lot of ground - but basically, aside from the "clean channel", how does this thing perform in the light crunch to mega-heavy melt-yer-face-high-gain style tones, and is it something that cuts through a mix? And there's no need for elaboration on the lows, a bassist is good for lows, but I get the notion for ERGs and such.

How's it stack up against the honourable VH4 ??
And what's made it different from the older models.

Thanks Bother Tom!!! Any intel is greatly appreciated as the bank account is seeing DiezelDecline, which is not a bad thing :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

:rawk: Unkle Mo :rawk:

MourningEngine":3d2opku8 said:
The Hagen has more of that "wall of sound" thing going on. It's fatter in the low mids and dryer compared to the Herbert Mk3. It's also not as tight. For me it's not an amp for ultra fast chuggy riffing but for more dynamic playing. It really shows all the details of your playing.

Ch1 of Hagen is out of this world. Best clean sound ever: rich, open, shimmery, three-dimensional. Ch1 on the Herbert is more HiFi.

Sounds like Hagen with a boost would be amazing! I owned a Herbert Mk1 and the Channel 2+ tone still haunts me. This Mk3 sounds insane. Now I want both. :scared:

How would you say this new iteration of the Herbert compares to the VH4..??

I have to admit, I am curious. My experience with the Herbert initially was - mega low-end, crushing, scooped, and decent higher registers; clean was decent; crunch left a bit to be desired, but the biggest personality to it was the midcut feature which made the amp sound absolutely badass. The only problem was - it made it sound absolutely badass only solo. I never seemed to cut through the mix. And it had more than adequate volume (6 powertubes, no shit) but volume didn't remedy the situation. It simply didn't cut through.

I'm keen to know how this Mk.III sounds against the VH4
I'd also be keen to know what shapes it differently from the previous iterations of the Mk.I and Mk.II for that matter.

Whatever you can offer here - you've covered a lot of ground - but basically, aside from the "clean channel", how does this thing perform in the light crunch to mega-heavy melt-yer-face-high-gain style tones, and is it something that cuts through a mix? And there's no need for elaboration on the lows, a bassist is good for lows, but I get the notion for ERGs and such.

How's it stack up against the honourable VH4 ??
And what's made it different from the older models.

Thanks Bother Tom!!! Any intel is greatly appreciated as the bank account is seeing DiezelDecline, which is not a bad thing :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

:rawk: Unkle Mo :rawk:
Bump, I want to see if anyone can answer Unkle Mo's question

This was Ventura's question:
"How's it stack up against the honourable VH4 ?? And what's made it different from the older models."
I have both . I actually prefer m3 to Vh4 but that’s just me me . It’s got a tight super modern metal tone . I get some Periphery type stuff out of it . But I still would say Herbert mk 1 is my fav . It’s thicker and richer . But all 3 are great in there own way and amazing

Been years since I had a MkI Herb so I'll leave the comparisons to Techdeth.

Against the VH4 though the MkIII is more modern and compressed to my ears. The VH4 is smoother and looser generally, and is more my choice for heavy rock than metal. The Herb can do modern metal all day, and the mid cut is cool if used subtly.

Haven't had too much luck getting mid-gain, Marshally rock tones out of the Herb, but VH4 channel 2 kinda gets there. Cleans on the Herb are pretty awesome if that's important to you.

Back