Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Aug 21, 2019 11:55am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 5:29pm 
Rock God

FIRST... teh pikz!

Ok, so I have wanted a Cherry Bomb for YEARS! I remember when Steve first started posting them back on HCAF and it just seemed "unobtanium" - fast forward a bit and I did the vids for the Bottle Rocket and got one of those amps and just LOVED it. So killer. Aggressive, meaty and chock full of tones. My GAS for the Cherry Bomb never waned though.

It so happened that a cat on another forum was interested in the Bottle Rocket. I shot Steve a note and he let me know that he had the V2 listed here that he was doing a great deal on. Low and behold, my bud Mike has a Bottle Rocket inbound and this guy showed up today. This is also loaded with NOS Tesla EL34's. Can't wait to get it home and fire it up!

Lot's of vids to follow for sure.

I have to say, and I noticed this with the Bottle Rocket as soon as I received it... the amps are RIDICULOUSLY built. This has got to be the heaviest damn amp I have ever picked up! LOL! Like... I would not want to have to put it on top of 2 4x12's heavy. EVERYTHING feels solid.

For clarification, the V2 has Increased gain and treble response in the ROD channel which makes it more like the Bottle Rocket while still having the Plex Channel.

Clip Added:

Quick vid with a few different cabs in the Two Notes Torpedo Studio. No real post production. A little verb from the Two Notes. Also did not adjust the EQ per cab change, just left as it was.

• Fried 25 (Friedman Greenback cab)
• Revv Closed 412 (ET65's)
• Hop Pole "Big Beast" (Zilla 412 w/V30's)

Balaguer Archetype. Still need to learn this amp. Similar to the BR but for sure different. REALLY dig it though and glad to have nabbed this!

Gear Demos from a Guy Who Loves Gear!!!

Check out "Dunky's N' Demos at:

https://dunkysndemos.com
https://www.youtube.com/c/JeremyVarao

Last edited by JerEvil on Wed, Feb 13, 2019 1:13pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 5:40pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Are you human?: 951
Very nice man. Been wanting to try one for a while, looking forward to your video review!

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 5:40pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Second post of the day about Henning amps. I'm not very familiar with them. How would you compare it with the Friedman BE-100?

Ceres, HX Stomp
Solar and LTD Guitars.

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 5:55pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Wow, so you sold your Bottle rocket? That thing was awesome. Can't wait to hear this.

First Act - Ola signature 25 string with Evertune
Monoprice- Indio Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag Sunburst
Fortin modded Gorilla "Masterbuilt" GG-10 (Hand wired).

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 5:57pm 
Rock God

SomedudeinTX wrote:
Very nice man. Been wanting to try one for a while, looking forward to your video review!

Thanks man! Yeah they'll be coming for sure.

ClintN667 wrote:
Second post of the day about Henning amps. I'm not very familiar with them. How would you compare it with the Friedman BE-100?

Both are killer modded Marshall types for sure. To be fair, I will have to re-visit this. I am still at work and haven't had a chance to play this guy yet.

My Henneing Bottle Rocket was much brighter inherently than the BE, but not in a bad way. I will definitely do a vid showing both the BE and Cherry Bomb. I LOVE my BE-100. The Bottle Rocket, from what I have heard is very similar tonally to the CCV. This V2 Cherry Bomb is voiced more like the Bottle Rocket which was Steve's "heavier" amp.

errrrrl wrote:
Wow, so you sold your Bottle rocket? That thing was awesome. Can't wait to hear this.

Yup. MetalheadMike will have it on Thursday. He also bought my Quick Rod last year! LOL! When Steve told me that the V2 was effectively a 2 channel BR, the deal was done.

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 6:05pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Shouldn't the title say Cherry Bomb V2?
I started the other thread today...the Bottle Rocket is really the only amp I've wanted for a while and haven't had a chance to try. Wish I had known yours was available. But, Saul Goodman...hope everyone enjoys their Hennings!

PRS McCarty (Smokeburst)
Fender American Elite Strat (Skyburst)
Partscaster
Splawn 4x12 slant w/SBs
Bogner OS 2x12
Bogner Helios 100
Bogner Straight 4x12 w/V30s
EVH 100s EL34 Stealth (Kruse modded)
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30r 1x12 Combo
Splawn Super Comp Mini
Henning Bottle Rocket

http://www.downloadbandrochester.com
Good Transactions: metalsoup, jsp, spindlergallery, ejs0614

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 6:10pm 
Rock God

peckhart wrote:
I started the other thread today...the Bottle Rocket is really the only amp I've wanted for a while and haven't had a chance to try. Wish I had known yours was available. But, Saul Goodman...hope everyone enjoys their Hennings!

Holy hell I'm an idiot! LOL! Fixed and thanks!

This whole thing was happenstance really. The BR wasn't even listed. Mike reached out with some questions on buying a BR, one thing led to another and here we are. I had said before the only way I'd sell my BR was to "upgrade" to the Cherry Bomb.

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 6:58pm 
Supah Stah

JerEvil wrote:
peckhart wrote:

This whole thing was happenstance really. The BR wasn't even listed. Mike reached out with some questions on buying a BR, one thing led to another and here we are. I had said before the only way I'd sell my BR was to "upgrade" to the Cherry Bomb.

Yep...just kinda happened. That's what I keep telling my wife anyway!

I was actually looking at grabbing a Peters and came across a video that fellow RT'er mctallica1 did comparing a Peters BH to a Cherry Bomb, and that got me curious about the Henning stuff. So I hit Jeremy up on his thoughts regarding the Henning, knowing he had one, and next thing I know I have a Bottle Rocket showing up this week :confused:

His Splawn wound up with me too, and while I LOVED that amp to pieces, the Wizard showed up shortly after and well...lets just say while the QR was amazing, the Wizard was AMAZING'er...LOL.

Good transactions with: BrokenRomeo, jco5055, harddriver, Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert, Tuckerbomb, krueger, ibzprestige, journeyman73, JerEvil, apophis(x2), DragonCrestPC, hammered(x3), Hardvalve, lowmantotempole, Mailman1971(x2), FLYINRYAN11, bwgintegra

"Give me liberty, or give me Death" Patrick Henry

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 7:04pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Geez you guys should open a damn gas station already :lol: :LOL: Man, I now want amps I didn't feel I needed yesterday lol.

First Act - Ola signature 25 string with Evertune
Monoprice- Indio Cali Classic Electric Guitar with Gig Bag Sunburst
Fortin modded Gorilla "Masterbuilt" GG-10 (Hand wired).

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 7:09pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Huge congrats on your score :rock:

'79 1960B Marshall Cab w/G12M-25 creambacks

Numerous Custom Jackson King V's

Sell me your Jackson KV1T :rawk:

Last edited by exo-metal on Tue, Feb 12, 2019 7:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 7:11pm 
Rock God

MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
peckhart wrote:

Yep...just kinda happened. That's what I keep telling my wife anyway!

I was actually looking at grabbing a Peters and came across a video that fellow RT'er mctallica1 did comparing a Peters BH to a Cherry Bomb, and that got me curious about the Henning stuff. So I hit Jeremy up on his thoughts regarding the Henning, knowing he had one, and next thing I know I have a Bottle Rocket showing up this week :confused:

His Splawn wound up with me too, and while I LOVED that amp to pieces, the Wizard showed up shortly after and well...lets just say while the QR was amazing, the Wizard was AMAZING'er...LOL.

:lol: :LOL:

Man I think you are REALLY going to dig the BR. Also, it is a LOUD 50 watts... can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

errrrrl wrote:
Geez you guys should open a damn gas station already :lol: :LOL: Man, I now want amps I didn't feel I needed yesterday lol.

Lol! You're welcome!?!?!

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 7:28pm 
Supah Stah

:rock: :rock:

Fantastic amps!

Steve nailed it with these designs. And he is a GREAT dude :thumbsup:

Concentrated
Competent
Competitive
Cohesive
Cheerful
Childlike (NOT CHILDISH)
Committed
Consistent
Confident

PostPosted: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 7:41pm 
Rock God

mctallica1 wrote:
:rock: :rock:

Fantastic amps!

Steve nailed it with these designs. And he is a GREAT dude :thumbsup:

Yeah man he is a great dude! We were just texting and I told him he needs to get a damn instagram account so i can tag the damn posts I'm doing! LOL!

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 8:53am 
Rock God

Steve builds a GREAT amp, and is a really good guy, as well; can’t go wrong with one of his builds. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 12:09pm 
Rock God

Congratulations to Jer and Mike! Steve makes killer amps. I have been using my Bottle Rocket in my new cover band. I get compliments on my tone from the bandmates at rehearsal and audience members at the gigs. I have three gigs coming up where the BR will be front and center in my stage rig. I love it so much!!

Kemper Profiling Amp
Atomic CLR Wedge
Bogner Oversized 2x12
3rd Power Kitchen Sink 1x12

Guitars:
Anderson Drop Top, Short T Classic, Bulldog, Pro Am, Classic S

My Clips:

http://soundcloud.com/gibson5413
http://www.youtube.com/user/scarem84604
http://www.tonefinder.com/?value=gibson5413

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 1:12pm 
Rock God

gibson5413 wrote:
Congratulations to Jer and Mike! Steve makes killer amps. I have been using my Bottle Rocket in my new cover band. I get compliments on my tone from the bandmates at rehearsal and audience members at the gigs. I have three gigs coming up where the BR will be front and center in my stage rig. I love it so much!!

Thanks man! I really won't get to spend a ton of time playing this guy til the weekend. Loving it so far though!

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 1:21pm 
Supah Stah

JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Thanks man! I really won't get to spend a ton of time playing this guy til the weekend. Loving it so far though!

Congrats man! It looks sexy as hell with that snakeskin :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear your full report w/ vids.

Oh...and I think I feel that all to familiar tickle in the back of my throat and have a feeling I might be calling out sick tomorrow ;)

Good transactions with: BrokenRomeo, jco5055, harddriver, Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert, Tuckerbomb, krueger, ibzprestige, journeyman73, JerEvil, apophis(x2), DragonCrestPC, hammered(x3), Hardvalve, lowmantotempole, Mailman1971(x2), FLYINRYAN11, bwgintegra

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 1:23pm 
Rock God

MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Congrats man! It looks sexy as hell with that snakeskin :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear your full report w/ vids.

Oh...and I think I feel that all to familiar tickle in the back of my throat and have a feeling I might be calling out sick tomorrow ;)

yeah.. you look like you're not feeling well! LOL!

Clip in the OP

I'll say, the BR gets a little more modern in the gain. This feels more like my BE. Still different though. I am really liking it.

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 1:25pm 
Supah Stah

JerEvil wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Clip in the OP

I'll say, the BR gets a little more modern in the gain. This feels more like my BE. Still different though. I am really liking it.

Thanks Doc!

Boy aren't I the observant one :aww: SOunds awesome! Man I love that guitar :rock:

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 5:46pm 
Rock God

MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Clip in the OP

Thanks Doc!

Boy aren't I the observant one :aww: SOunds awesome! Man I love that guitar :rock:

LOL! I am really interested in your thoughts on the BR when you get it.

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 6:08pm 
Immortal Rock God

Wow, sounds killer!
Nice chewy meaty gain with great clarity!
Dam, I wish Steve was still in here.....

Fortin JCM800 Hyper mod
Friedman Modded Metro Superlead
Friedman BE100DLX
Ceriatone JTM45
JCM 2000 DSL
VOX AC15
Marshall Dual Monoblock 100/100
6 Marshall 412's
2 Laney AOR 412's

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 6:22pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Clip in the OP

Thanks Doc!

If you don’t end up digging the Bottle Rocket for whatever reason let me know!!

PostPosted: Wed, Feb 13, 2019 10:43pm 
Rock God Trainee

jcj wrote:
Steve builds a GREAT amp, and is a really good guy, as well; can’t go wrong with one of his builds. :thumbsup:

+1 - really good dude, and builds a mean amp, and also builds KILLER guitars!

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 12:07am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Sounds really good. Good job on the video and congrats on the amp.

:m17:

Clips
My Blogs

"PEOPLE TRUST ME WITH THEIR LIVES,,,,, THINK ABOUT IT!" - Billy Blades

"I don't let peoples opinion of me rent space in my head, its none of my bidness."- Charveldan

"Mr. Blades is a dickwad, can't play for shit, can't make an amp to save his life and has shit gear.
Dan is largely misunderstood, a great person, a good GP and has excellent gear. Other than that they are nothing alike."
- Charveldan 03/02/16..............AKA: Chester Nimitz

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 12:51pm 
Rock God

mooncobra wrote:
jcj wrote:

+1 - really good dude, and builds a mean amp, and also builds KILLER guitars!

Yeah the guitars he puts together always look fab-tastic!

311splawndude wrote:
Sounds really good. Good job on the video and congrats on the amp.

:m17:

Thanks man! Uploading another vid now. I need to stop rushing these out and do a PROPER CB Playthrough vid.

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 1:05pm 
Rock God

Another new clip.

Rushed this morning while on a conference call with adobe! Lol!

Anyway, Rock tone with Redback 212, Torpedo Studio, LP w/EMG 57 and some verb from Helix Native

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 3:35pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

ibzprestige wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Clip in the OP

Thanks Doc!

I called first dibs :rock:

PRS McCarty (Smokeburst)
Fender American Elite Strat (Skyburst)
Partscaster
Splawn 4x12 slant w/SBs
Bogner OS 2x12
Bogner Helios 100
Bogner Straight 4x12 w/V30s
EVH 100s EL34 Stealth (Kruse modded)
Bad Cat Hot Cat 30r 1x12 Combo
Splawn Super Comp Mini
Henning Bottle Rocket

http://www.downloadbandrochester.com
Good Transactions: metalsoup, jsp, spindlergallery, ejs0614

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 4:40pm 
Supah Stah

JerEvil wrote:
Another new clip.

Anyway, Rock tone with Redback 212, Torpedo Studio, LP w/EMG 57 and some verb from Helix Native

43 seconds....WTF man!!! You C0ck tease :lol: :LOL: It's an awesome 43 seconds though :thumbsup:

Off to unpack the BR ;)

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 4:41pm 
Supah Stah

peckhart wrote:
ibzprestige wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
gibson5413 wrote:

Clip in the OP

Thanks Doc!

I called first dibs :rock:

I gotcya Pete ;)

PostPosted: Thu, Feb 14, 2019 4:42pm 
Rock God

MetalHeadMike wrote:
JerEvil wrote:
Another new clip.

43 seconds....WTF man!!! You C0ck tease :lol: :LOL: It's an awesome 43 seconds though :thumbsup:

Off to unpack the BR ;)

LOL! I get in and I get out man! I was already late to work!

PostPosted: Mon, Feb 18, 2019 12:47pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

errrrrl wrote:

Funny and so true ! Or maybe an amp shop.