A/B Splitter Recommendation

alan67

Looking setting up a wet/dry rig and looking for a good splitter

Anyone try the Fulltone True Path ABY-ST box?

Do you want an A/B box or just a splitter? The Suhr buffer is an excellent splitter.

The new Mesa Boogie Switchtrack A/B/Y box is designed by Mario Marino (formerly of Axess Electronics), so it should be awesome as well.

I have an MXR switcher and what I like about it is you can do A, B, Y, + a pass through so you can hook up 3 paths. You can't switch off pass through though so you'd need a mute, volume pedal or pot of some kind for the 3rd connection.

I like the Lehle Dual SGoS and I use a custom made MIDI cable with a Zoom G9.2tt floor processor to switch between the 3 amps that I have hooked up to it.

Guitar George

psychodave":2uru9yef said:
alan67":2uru9yef said:

I have one. It’s really good.

Looks like it has a lot of flexibility.

psychodave":tt4r1b5y said:
alan67":tt4r1b5y said:

I read the True Path's manual and it says - "there is always the danger of electrocution when combining amplifiers" ...wait, what? How do I kill, or not kill, myself using this thing? :confused:

alan67":2iecxacl said:
psychodave":2iecxacl said:
alan67":2iecxacl said:

I read the True Path's manual and it says - "there is always the danger of electrocution when combining amplifiers" ...wait, what? How do I kill, or not kill, myself using this thing? :confused:

I guess if you’re using old Marshall’s with polarity switches and 2 prong plugs, sure...you can get zapped. Dry doubtful with today’s amps with grounded plugs.

In case you’re wondering, I learned the hard way with my 67 and 71 super leads. My 71 was a 2 pro g and I got zapped touching my plexi. It wasn’ fun.

alan67":7bbi4361 said:

I own it...Works flawlessly and great build quality. I recommend.

Ive had the Lehle Dual SGOS, Radial Big Shot, Voodoo Lab Amp Selector and a number of Stereo pedals that I've used to split signals before.

If you want switching functions, in my experience, the Lehle is the best. Its one of the few that offers midi integration and has best overall tone preservation and lowest noise of all I've tried. That being said the others I've had were quite good.

I'm currently running a 3 amp rig using both outputs from a Boss MS-3 and a Radial Bigshot to split out for amp #3 and it works great. The big shot is a passive pedal so if you engage the iso switch, you will get some output loss on output B. I found if you throw a HumX on the power cord of the amp, you dont need to use the ISO switch, thus no tone loss and no ground noise.

Back