• Mesa/Boogie Mark V

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peavey Triple XXX

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Marshall 8100

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Marshall Valvestate 8100!
An all time thrash masterpiece! Just ask Tommy Victor he'll tell ya... Or Chuck Schuldiner RIP
Plus it will leave ya with probably $400-$500 bills to spare

"People frown upon it, people scrunch up their nose, people roll their eyes, people don't expect much when they hear the name of this amp... People have no fucking clue how awesome it is... People are Stupid..." Lasse Lammert

Get a Mesa Mark III or Mark IV. Will be below 1k$ and you will not back in terms of thrash metal tones.

riffsfordaze":721yhhmk said:
An all time thrash masterpiece! Just ask Tommy Victor he'll tell ya... Or Chuck Schuldiner RIP

"People frown upon it, people scrunch up their nose, people roll their eyes, people don't expect much when they hear the name of this amp... People have no fucking clue how awesome it is... People are Stupid..." Lasse Lammert

THE 8100 ABSOLUTELY RIPS :rock: I just grabbed one last month, and it's a stellar thrash/death metal amp. Eq in the loop, plug straight in, and look the Fu#k out :rawk:

MetalHeadMike":3juh0t9v said:
riffsfordaze":3juh0t9v said:

THE 8100 ABSOLUTELY RIPS :rock: I just grabbed one last month, and it's a stellar thrash/death metal amp. Easily hangs with all my other "High end Boutique" amps and it only runs about $150-$200 :LOL: :LOL: Eq in the loop, plug straight in, and look the Fu#k out :rawk:
I have a set of m8100 profiles for Kemper and I LOVED them when I was a KPA guy actually. The 8100 and matching cab was my first "real" half stack" when I was 16.

MetalHeadMike":1f56k7yl said:
riffsfordaze":1f56k7yl said:

THE 8100 ABSOLUTELY RIPS :rock: I just grabbed one last month, and it's a stellar thrash/death metal amp. Easily hangs with all my other "High end Boutique" amps and it only runs about $150-$200 :LOL: :LOL: Eq in the loop, plug straight in, and look the Fu#k out :rawk:
Amen :cheers:

mctallica1":2ao7ysp9 said:
It is kind of hard to beat modded Marshall type amps and Mesa Mark series as the basic platform for thrash.
^^ This.

A used JCM 800 with KT88 and a booster (Slayer, Testament),
a used Peavey 5150 blockletter (old Sepultura, Kreator, Machine head)
a used Mark III (you name it)
a used Engl powerball,fireball,savage (there is a signature head for Mille Petrozza founder/gitarist of Kreator)

This thread makes me feel old. I've got three heads right now, Mark III blue stripe, EVH 5153, and a Peavey C50 (not thrash) and all I've been playing is jazz on my Katana combo. :lame:

I say Marshall 8100. Best bang for your buck metal amp ever. I will more than satisfy your thrash metal needs for a lot less money. The old Randalls can’t be beat either. The mid 90’s RH200’s can be had for under $200 all day and are heavy metal as fuck.

5152/6505+ will def do what you want , especially boosted with a 808 type pedal . They can be had cheap and I would prefer it over A Recto and a MarkV having owned all 3 the peavey just sounds right to me and is easy to dial in where the Mesa stuff is much more picky when it comes to pickups and speakers. Mark V was a big let down for me if you must go Mesa I would go with a Mark III in that price price range of $900 you mentioned. However once again the peavey is just flat out better for me, it cuts better in a live mix too and you can easily switch to a nice clean tone which is not as easy with the MK III .

the4thlast1":398jv770 said:
5152/6505+ will def do what you want , especially boosted with a 808 type pedal . They can be had cheap and I would prefer it over A Recto and a MarkV having owned all 3 the peavey just sounds right to me and is easy to dial in where the Mesa stuff is much more picky when it comes to pickups and speakers. Mark V was a big let down for me if you must go Mesa I would go with a Mark III in that price price range of $900 you mentioned. However once again the peavey is just flat out better for me, it cuts better in a live mix too and you can easily switch to a nice clean tone which is not as easy with the MK III .
I have been looking at the triple xxx and the 6505+, which do you think would be better for old Metallica tone?

Back