Peavey Butcher - Bias and Gain Modded Clip

Bad.Seed

Got my butcher back last night that was trashed during shipping.

Needed a new transformer, new power tubes, new tube socket, and new chassis screws.

While my tech was in there, I had him do a bias mod and simple gain mod. This is definitely the best sounding butcher I've owned to date. Would love to tighten up the bottom a bit more, but I can honestly live with it like this!

Guitar is a Gibson Explorer, 500t in the bridge, boosted by an MXR M77 through a Splawn Straight 412 w/ K100/V30 X Pattern.

That sounds great man. I've considered modding mine, but it sounds so damn good already. I'm using a MXR Classic Distortion in front for the heavy stuff.

I had one 20 years ago. That was a cool amp. Peavey was more into the 5150. That clip has a Mark series tone to it. Nice.

sutepaj":1775yekn said:
Sounds rippin!! Has anyone compared the old Butcher to the reissue one?

From what I understand, there is no similarity whatsoever apart from the name.

311splawndude":3v0z68ae said:
Sounds bad ass.

How do they say....things happen for a reason?

Could be! In the room, I'm really digging it. Curious to see how it works in a band setting. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, but it's definitely a cool piece.

May just hang on to it and do some more mods down the road and turn it into a real badass. A new JCM 800 style Headshell from Splawn would look badass too!

Bad.Seed":1j67rf8x said:
311splawndude":1j67rf8x said:
Sounds bad ass.

Could be! In the room, I'm really digging it. Curious to see how it works in a band setting. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, but it's definitely a cool piece.

May just hang on to it and do some more mods down the road and turn it into a real badass. A new JCM 800 style Headshell from Splawn would look badass too!

The Butcher will fit in a 5150/6505 headshell.

ZEEGLER":6rafz38v said:
Bad.Seed":6rafz38v said:
311splawndude":6rafz38v said:
Sounds bad ass.

The Butcher will fit in a 5150/6505 headshell.

They do, but I prefer the look of a JCM style headshell. Just more into the classic styling.

Back