Anybody remember Derek Taylor!!!!

7 Stringer

Still have my cassette of his Shrapnel years. What a monster player man. Here is a lesson of sorts he was giving. Man, he knows his theory and his techniques are so advanced. This is old school shit.

Love that guy.

I bought this instructional from him back in 2004ish. He was way ahead of his time regarding the legato and two finger taping stuff. He inspired so many wonderful players, Scott Stine, Darryl Gable, Christian Muezner.

I really like his Eniac Requiem release. It's like Dream Theater, meets Symphony X, meets the Beatles, all around a Space Odyssey theme. Very brooding and melancholic, with plenty of great playing.

shredhead7":2vxsbpth said:
I bought this instructional from him back in 2004ish. He was way ahead of his time regarding the legato and two finger taping stuff. He inspired so many wonderful players, Scott Stine, Darryl Gable, Christian Muezner.

I really like his Eniac Requiem release. It's like Dream Theater, meets Symphony X, meets the Beatles, all around a Space Odyssey theme. Very brooding and melancholic, with plenty of great playing.

Never heard of this. I need to check it out.

Dystrophy is always in my rotation, listen to it frequently still. Peat is a great album also.

And you bet about the ahead of his time comment, so much talent. And i got my UV777GR cause of him, god i worked hard to get that one!!!!!!

7 Stringer":254abe04 said:
shredhead7":254abe04 said:

Dystrophy is always in my rotation, listen to it frequently still. Peat is a great album also.

And you bet about the ahead of his time comment, so much talent. And i got my UV777GR cause of him, god i worked hard to get that one!!!!!!

I have the same guitar! I liked Peat better, but Dystrophy has some cool moments. I feel like he was a little too grungy for my tastes on those releases. His playing on Scott Stines release is good too. Scott is another monster, along with his brother in Haji's Kitchen. Man, I can't even imagine what the Dallas scene was like in the early 90's. Pantera and these monsters.

That was awesome! I never had the patience to sit and really focus on learning scales. I know a few parts of them now and play riffs that I know are actually a section from a scale but since 85' I've been self taught and play by ear. With that said, I wish I would have learned a lot of that stuff. I've tried but there is something very "Math-like" to me about scales and trying to remember them is something I just can't do.

shredhead7":19qvj8gs said:
7 Stringer":19qvj8gs said:
shredhead7":19qvj8gs said:

I have the same guitar! I liked Peat better, but Dystrophy has some cool moments. I feel like he was a little too grungy for my tastes on those releases. His playing on Scott Stines release is good too. Scott is another monster, along with his brother in Haji's Kitchen. Man, I can't even imagine what the Dallas scene was like in the early 90's. Pantera and these monsters.

Show me that guitar!!!! These are mystique guitars, very rare.

Yeah well in the early 90's grunge was the big thing so influence sneaked in!!!!

Hajis Kitchen!!!! Man, that first album :yes:

Killer playing on that one, i listen to it frequently too, damn. Not to many people know about these gems of albums. Would of loved to be around there in those days!!!!!!

Back