Looking for a Marshally/Voxy low wattage Class AB head.

jdel77

I'm after an amp head to sit on my desk in my studio. I'll be running this into my Two Notes Captor, via an RME Babyface into Logic.

I don't want a modeler or digital situation. I don't like the sound or the feel.

Currently I'm using an old Marshall Lead 12 head which I've switched the opamp out to a Burr Brown, and it sounds unsuprisingly not bad.

I'm after I guess some kind of modified JCM800 type of sound, that can also do low gain Plexi/Voxy tones. I wouldn't need anything more than around 15w -20w, and an FX Loop would be handy, but not a deal breaker.

I'm thinking of a Soldano Atomic head, maybe a Bogner Atma, or even one of the new Marshall JCM800 studio heads.

Any other suggestions? Cheers!

Isn’t the Marshall Studio the exact amp you are describing?

I find it interesting that you discount ALL modelers in your situation. I have the Marshall Studio Classic head but it still doesn’t sound or feel as good as my Helix for low volume playing.

candletears7":1xnk9zlz said:
I'm after I guess some kind of modified JCM800 type of sound, that can also do low gain Plexi/Voxy tones. I wouldn't need anything more than around 15w -20w, and an FX Loop would be handy, but not a deal breaker...
You just described the Khan Pak II. I know, because I have two of them.

splawn supersport? ticks a lot of boxes. i like my KT88 Promod and KT88 Nitro a lot. i only tried a supersport for a few minutes, but i must say its pretty badass.

Back