Vivian Campbell Engl Blackmore Les Paul vid!

harddriver":1lge1wrb said:
I'm sure the Splawn can get that tone. I've seen used Blackmore's for around 1K.

This on both accounts :yes:

Heck....I've seen used Blackmore amps go as low as $800. They're cool amps, but I got rid of mine when I got the Savage 120; does everything the Blackmore can do but so much more.

MetalHeadMike":3otpkr6d said:
harddriver":3otpkr6d said:
I'm sure the Splawn can get that tone. I've seen used Blackmore's for around 1K.

This on both accounts :yes:

Heck....I've seen used Blackmore amps go as low as $800. They're cool amps, but I got rid of mine when I got the Savage 120; does everything the Blackmore can do but so much more.

In this vid the rep from Engl says the Blackmore was based on the Savage, I guess one of the early iterations was also made for Doug Aldrich in 2005 as well that became the E651 Artist Edition.

Big fan of Viv but not a fan of Engl at all, no aggression in the tone, Ive seen the clips and heard both albums - somebody give Viv a Jose or Cameron!

Sick Squid":2yxct2h0 said:
these are much better
there are also clips from Europe where Viv is using the Engl Artist SE (look for the green power light)

These are great! Thanx for sharing! His tone is absolutely awesome and that solo on Don't Talk to Strangers is God like! :rock:

Zado":1ss2409j said:
No more DiMarzio SD?
The Dimarzio SD is in the bridge of his Les Paul signature model. 59 reissue's in his old Black Les Paul. Most of his other Pauls have Dimarzio Super3's in the bridge.

Sick Squid":2w38tmhy said:
these are much better
there are also clips from Europe where Viv is using the Engl Artist SE (look for the green power light)

I was hoping on "Stand up and shout" he was going to play the badass solo on..makes me remember my high school days listening to all this..

jabps":keheeh5s said:
Zado":keheeh5s said:
No more DiMarzio SD?
The Dimarzio SD is in the bridge of his Les Paul signature model. 59 reissue's in his old Black Les Paul. Most of his other Pauls have Dimarzio Super3's in the bridge.
Had no idea, thanks. Not that nowadays pickups sound anything like 80's counterparts (same models included), but good to know.

I think Phil Collin uses the Super 3. I was under the impression that Vivian had been using Duncan 59s for the last decade with Def Leppard. I could be wrong though...

Back