Torpedo Cab M questions

ACD123

Hi all,

Looking at the Cab M but have a couple of questions and hope someone can help out.

When is the mobile app available , particularly for iOS? I can’t find the IOS or Android apps anywhere.

Would it be possible to connect an amp in the following way,
Amp to Cab M, Amp through on Cab M to Loadbox?

I know the manual suggest loadbox to Cab M but would the way above have a more natural amp tone without any colouring of the sound?

Thanks

Hi ACD123,

the iPad app is currently tested, it will be made available on the 28th. Android will follow a few weeks later.

Yes, that works!

I know the manual suggest loadbox to Cab M but would the way above have a more natural amp tone without any colouring of the sound?

It should be very similar, the only difference being the output stage of the loadbox being used in the manual (providing more control on the level being sent to the CAB M) while the amp level being sent to the CAB M directly with only 3 levels settings.

In both case, the amp just sees the Loadbox, the CAB is is virtually invisible (electronically speaking).

guillaume_pille":95qtfkv4 said:
Hi ACD123,

the iPad app is currently tested, it will be made available on the 28th. Android will follow a few weeks later.

Yes, that works!

It should be very similar, the only difference being the output stage of the loadbox being used in the manual (providing more control on the level being sent to the CAB M) while the amp level being sent to the CAB M directly with only 3 levels settings.

In both case, the amp just sees the Loadbox, the CAB is is virtually invisible (electronically speaking).

Thanks for the info, all sounds great. ?

Done a little bit more research from the product manual and .....

Cab M ordered and on the way, only problem now is waiting until Tuesday for delivery!!!

???

Was doing a little advance planning on what I’m going to do with the Cab M, lots of possibilities but was thinking if this is possible.

I have a lot of TC electronic pedals tha I love - all the tone print delays, chorus reverbs etc. I know that they can accept line input at +4dbu so was thinking...

If I run an amp into a Captor will I be able to reduce the line out level from the Captor enough to go into a delay pedal then to the Cab M?

Seems like it should be possible but any one tried similar..

Will be a few weeks before I can spring on a captor

Thanks

Ok, so, bass player here. I'm pretty new to this cab sim thing, so, please bear with me. I just ordered a Cab M! I'm trying to turn my board into a self-contained bass rig that I can take anywhere and have them same, awesome tone. I'm running a killer preamp(not a Two Notes Le Bass, sorry...:-( )and the pedals I have are running through the preamp's effects loop. My plan is to run the Cab M as the last pedal in the chain, but I saw on the site that I should run it through my preamp's effects loop before my modulation? I understand the studio aspect of this, but if I'm running the power amp & cab sims, wouldn't I want it after the preamp? Thanks!

If I run an amp into a Captor will I be able to reduce the line out level from the Captor enough to go into a delay pedal then to the Cab M?

No, problem it will work, just make sure you don't get distortion happening in the Delay pedal and you'll be fine.

Greetings from Russia, comrades!...)

I have a stupid question:
Will it be safe to use Speaker Out with Fx Loop of an amplifier?

For example:
Preamp->CabM Input ->CabM Speaker Out-> Fx Loop Return
Parallel path: CabM DI Out -> Mixing Desk

guillaume_pille":24wq4ehg said:

No, problem it will work, just make sure you don't get distortion happening in the Delay pedal and you'll be fine.

You’ve just sold a Captor, ????
This is exactly the kind of rig I’ve been thinking of, can’t wait to try and I promise to feed back on how it works, Cab M arrived today so lots to do ???

Thanks for all the help

pbass6811":lm8624ae said:
Ok, so, bass player here. I'm pretty new to this cab sim thing, so, please bear with me. I just ordered a Cab M! I'm trying to turn my board into a self-contained bass rig that I can take anywhere and have them same, awesome tone. I'm running a killer preamp(not a Two Notes Le Bass, sorry...:-( )and the pedals I have are running through the preamp's effects loop. My plan is to run the Cab M as the last pedal in the chain, but I saw on the site that I should run it through my preamp's effects loop before my modulation? I understand the studio aspect of this, but if I'm running the power amp & cab sims, wouldn't I want it after the preamp? Thanks!

Anyone?

Hi pbass6811, it is a matter of taste and practicality. You'll be totally fine if you put the CAB M at the end of the chain to get the DI out, and run other effects before it. ;)

i just got it today,downloaded from app store and connected to ipad but wont conect to mac

Hi jlrr25, you mean the CAB M won't connect to the Mac version of Torpedo remote on your Mac, correct?

I have the cab M, what is the app to control it? I have an Iphone and can't seem to find it in the app store.

WrongWayKid":2f2eem0p said:
Greetings from Russia, comrades!...)

I have a stupid question:
Will it be safe to use Speaker Out with Fx Loop of an amplifier?

For example:
Preamp->CabM Input ->CabM Speaker Out-> Fx Loop Return
Parallel path: CabM DI Out -> Mixing Desk

Hi !

It seems nobody has answered this question yet, which is far from stupid actually, and it seems that this specific configuration is not mentioned in the user manual or elsewhere.

I have the exact same question, because i want to use a CAB M the same way : in between the preamp and the poweramp (which means : in the FX loop), to be able to get :
1) my dry preamp sound to my power amp (and then to my actual cabinet)
2) my "Torpedo-ed" CAB M output (= dry preamp sound going through the CAB M poweramp + miking sim) to my mixing desk

Is it possible to use the "speaker out" of the C.A.B M as a thru jack output, even if it outputs a preamp signal that goes to the poweramp, instead of outputting a poweramp signal (speaker out) to a speaker (which is the normal case) ?

In other words :
- this "speaker out" of the C.A.B M was originally designed as a THRU in between a poweramp and an actual cab...
- ... but can it be used as a THRU in between a preamp and a poweramp (which would be way more useful in my case) ?
If so, i guess a regular instrument cable can be used (instead of a speaker cable) ?

Looking at the Block Diagram and the Technical Data of the current user manual makes me think that this is possible (and that this THRU jack output is labelled and advertised as a "speaker output" only because nobody considered using it between a preamp and a poweramp), but i need to be 100% before i buy a C.A.B. M and use it this way :)

EDIT : i opened a dedicated thread for this question :

viewtopic.php?f=75&t=206665

Hi all,

because the SPEAKER out cannot be buffered, the ground of whatever you connect there will be connected to the ground of CAB M and your previous device (a preamp).

It may work and you will not break anything, but it's possible that you experience ground loops doing that. In that case, a DI (with isolation transformer) may be necessary.

When you connect a cabinet on that output, because the cabinet is a floating ground, you have no issue. ;)

Back