Herbert Serial Number and History? Peter can you help?

Jim86

Hi Peter, I was wondering if you can tell me what year my amp
was made, and maybe where the amp was shipped to when the original
purchaser bought the amp? Im just trying to find some history on the amp. Nothing is wrong with it, just curiousity. The serial number is 001/1067

Thanks

Jim

Hey Jim. My Herbert has the year hand written in marker inside the amp on the board. That's the easiest way to tell what year it was made in. Diezel is a fairly small operation and your amp might not have been bought directly from Diezel. Maybe it was bought at a dealer? Hope peter can help you out with that part of it. But look in your amp on the board. Is this a MK2 herbert or an older one? does it have external biasing?

Hey Bana,

Im too chicken to open it up. I did however shine a flashlight but I couln't see anything written
in it. On that note however, it does have the external biasing. It's certainly not an MKII, that I
do know. Was the external biasing done only for a particular year?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Jim,

I have a 2007 Herbert and it has external biasing on it. Obviously it's not a MKII version. Don't be chicken to open her up! It's just a few screws and it's gonna be the easiest way to know when it was made. I've read people asking Peter what year their amp was made and he was only able to give them an estimate. 6 screws on the back and 4 on the bottom will give you an definite answer. Just be sure to take out your power tubes before you remove the amp from the case. The transformers are too short and you'll be resting the amp on the tubes if you don't take them out. Should only take you 10 min in and out. Open her up and have a look!!

Alex

Dear Jim,

I don´t have access to our server now but I´m
pretty sure it´s an early 2008 model.

Best,
Peter

Thanks Peter I appreciated it ! I know you will be home during NAMM, but I will make sure I visit the Diezel booth while I am there.

Jim

Hi Peter, I have a Herbert serial number 001/444 Can you tell me about it? Year, model info ....I have had the amp for quite a while and love the sound.

I have had some issues with the amp recently, there was an internal fuse that kept blowing and also my midi section only works intermittently. It went out at a live gig this weekend in fact. Do you know if this was an issue with early models. I am considering buying the new MK3 version. What are the differences?

Love your amps!

Thanks!

Alex

It´s a MK1 but very hard to date because we have a new software.
In any case the year of building is written inside the amp on the PCB.
Best regards,
Peter

Back