Who's still rocking the D-Moll

Ventura

I got the D-Moll itch... :LOL: :LOL:

Only Diezel I haven't tried or owned (save for the new Mk.III and VHX)

Talk to me here. It ain't gonna change my mind - I'm getting one, I just wanna read from some of you cats who've kept the D-Moll rocking after all these years.

:rawk: Unkle Mo :rawk:

I've had mine for a few years where it was #1 for a long time. I recently started jamming it more- ch3 with some mid cut and an 808 in front is great, but a Grind in front is insanely good. Killer amp.

I think I'm in the minority, but I couldn't rid of the one I grabbed fast enough. Just didn't gel with it at all. The mids and the low end didn't work for me. Even smacked clean with various od pedals, the low end was too soft and the mids were too low mid oriented for my taste. Only amp I've picked up where I knew pretty much immediately wasn't gonna work for me.

Just my experience; many love the amp.

moltenmetalburn":jgwnyywq said:
Channel three was a bit “fuzzy” for me but I also prefer vh4 to herbert. Loved it otherwise.
I can relate to this statement :yes:

Throw me some more feedback here on the D-Moll, folks...

I don't wanna be splashing for a Mk.III Herbert only to be disappointed the D-Moll is where it's at for my ears :LOL: :LOL:

Ventura":2je1ds7e said:
moltenmetalburn":2je1ds7e said:
Channel three was a bit “fuzzy” for me but I also prefer vh4 to herbert. Loved it otherwise.
I can relate to this statement :yes:
And hagen over VH4 which If I remember correctly you also like. :rock:

Need that 150 watt girth or the extra features of herbie? If not dmoll can sufffice.

I've owned 2, liked the overall tone of them amp, however it was fairly particular on which pickups it liked. Seemed that ceramic worked best to my ears, I had some other guitars that were Alnico magnets and those sounded terrible through the DMoll. YMMV

UberschallEL34":1fizybrs said:
I've owned 2, liked the overall tone of them amp, however it was fairly particular on which pickups it liked. Seemed that ceramic worked best to my ears, I had some other guitars that were Alnico magnets and those sounded terrible through the DMoll. YMMV
I've known since the first day I started in on Diezels they were quite pickup specific... And interestingly enough? I find moderate output pups best (sometimes even hotter low output) - for their entire lineage. I use no OD or dirt or TS or the like in front - only the EQ to adjust. Sometimes a couple 10 band EQs in the loops of the stereo rig for fine-fine tuning. Diezels tighten up with volume - and the EQ needs changing with the volume changes - IME.

I also use the odd set GHS Boomers GBTNT gauge - the heavier strings on the EAD give more control and oomph to my guitars through all my amps. It's something I've grown used to and it makes a hella difference - for me.

moltenmetalburn":1fizybrs said:
And hagen over VH4 which If I remember correctly you also like. :rock:

Need that 150 watt girth or the extra features of herbie? If not dmoll can sufffice.
Yep. Love the Hagen.
And the D-Moll is absolutely 100% perfect for my rig. I'm a happy man :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk: :rawk:

Stereo Diezel/Bogner goodness. Search is over. Amazing :D :rock:

I still have mine, I am debating selling it, though. not due to any tonal issues, just the family situation. Too much gear, not enough storage. my boys are growing, need all the space in the house, no more rehearsal area at home for me. don't need 3 amps.
Love the flexibility of it, the clean channel is so bloody clean and perfect. blows the doors off my Mark V and I don't say that lightly, I loved that amp.
Channels 2 and 3 have so much more gain on tap than I need that it's a blast to actually not need all the juice that it has on tap. That of course increases headroom and punch which I also love about the amp. it's got just the right amount of dynamic range and can be tamed without running wide open to a power soak.

Get yourself one, I don't know why you'd wait.

Been hammering the D-Moll for a while now... Jesus this thing kicks incredible ass all over hell's half acre. Beefy AF, and once I figured out the EQ to suit the cab/guitar/styles played, it just flat out slays.

Anyone thinking about getting one, do it.
Anyone thinking about losing one, think twice.

Peace & Powerchords,
Unkle Mo

Back