any experience with Mcnaught guitars?

Do you owners feel your McNaughts have a unique tone and response, due to their proprietary set-thru neck construction ? Its kind of half way between a traditional Gibson set neck and BC Rich inspired neck through. To me there's a huge difference in how set neck and neck through designs "breathe" and resonate. I like them both but they each have their own unique vibe and feel. The McNaught design must feel unique as well.

thegame":3dqqqsy2 said:
Do you owners feel your McNaughts have a unique tone and response, due to their proprietary set-thru neck construction ? Its kind of half way between a traditional Gibson set neck and BC Rich inspired neck through. To me there's a huge difference in how set neck and neck through designs "breathe" and resonate. I like them both but they each have their own unique vibe and feel. The McNaught design must feel unique as well.
I’ve played it back to back with a friends LP Axcess ( I know, Floyd makes a difference) and it was def different tone wise. I personally think they are LP killers and love the sustain they produce

thegame":3nchyde9 said:
I had a Phoenix. It had a very wide sound soundstage with a smooth, sustaining tone. That’s what always stuck out to me with that guitar. It had a bit more sustain than most set-neck single-cuts i’ve played. Clean tones and leads were pretty stunning. It sound good for rhythm playing too, but it lacked some bite & in-your-face aggressiveness compared to my favorite LP style axes.

fearhk213":3n8fsn25 said:
thegame":3n8fsn25 said:
I had a Phoenix. It had a very wide sound soundstage with a smooth, sustaining tone. That’s what always stuck out to me with that guitar. It had a bit more sustain than most set-neck single-cuts i’ve played. Clean tones and leads were pretty stunning. It sound good for rhythm playing too, but it lacked some bite & in-your-face aggressiveness compared to my favorite LP style axes.

Do you recall the full wood compliment and pickups of that Phoenix ? I agree that LP style set necks are the most in your face type. They just bark more and have a raunchier, rougher rock edge to them. I like it but if I had to choose, I prefer the smoother sustaining character of neck through designs and from the sounds of it, the McNaught character. I don't really care for bolt ons, FWIW.

I used to own this “Halloween Orange” Phoenix. It sounded amazing and would sustain for days. You could actually feel the vibration of the strings resonate through the guitars body into yours. I have a Bacchus SG That also does that, as does my friend’s Phoenix. Amazing guitars.

thegame":14t008ww said:
fearhk213":14t008ww said:
thegame":14t008ww said:

Do you recall the full wood compliment and pickups of that Phoenix ? I agree that LP style set necks are the most in your face type. They just bark more and have a raunchier, rougher rock edge to them. I like it but if I had to choose, I prefer the smoother sustaining character of neck through designs and from the sounds of it, the McNaught character. I don't really care for bolt ons, FWIW.
Mine had a korina neck and body, quilted maple top, an ebony board, TOM bridge. Mine supposedly had Duncan black backs. I’ve never been able to determine if those actually were something different than an off the shelf Duncan or just a custom custom with a painted back like many suspect.

I think you guys are selling McNaught short. I've owned my Phoenix Rising since 2009 and it's the best guitar I've ever played. I've played a ton of high end ones, but never a Suhr so not sure how that compares.

Best tone, best playability, and definitely best looking. Stainless steel frets never need recrowning and is like "bending on glass" - so smooth. When I put it on the stand next to my other "nice" guitars, I suddenly wanted to get rid of them!

Everyone who has played it agrees, it's the triple threat. Those Iron Man pickups are so thick, yet defined and not muddy whatsoever.

I've got pictures on my website: http://www.brianhunsaker.net if anyone's curious. And music. I'm endorsed by McNaught guitars as well.

-Brian

Killer axe's
I have 2
Nitrous ,double diamond top with Lynch Bomber graphics and a glow in the dark Rising Sun flag on the 12th fret.
Starr, diamond top with hot rod flamed stained top. too much other custom touches to list.

Attention to detail is Davids claim to fame.
Can i see a pic of the Nitrous with Lynch graphic? :p:love:

Back