Pickups recommandation

MKibanez

I have a Partcaster with Mahogany body, H H configuration with tremolo. I'm a bid Duncan JB and 59 user in almost all my guitars, I just love the sound of thoses and the way it cleans etc.

I would like to do something different, more like a Tom Anderson wonderfull sounding. I saw that the TA pups are pretty pricey so here is my question.

What pops would you recommand me to give that kind of TA sound, and if it's possible 2 pups that split wery well.

Thanks

Put a Mojotone Black Magic pickup in the bridge position of a parts caster I build last year and I like it a lot. Has both ceramic and alnico5 mags so it has a different tone. They're not cheap, but fairly reasonable imo. Just a bit north of duncan's prices.

I’m not sure if your question is specifically around Tom Anderson recommendations, if so, I’d be no help there.

But in the guitar you described, I’d try a Dimarzio Super3 (B) and Super2 (N). I have that combo in a mahogany body and neck PRS CE and it sounds amazing, not to mention you can find them used for ~$50 each.

MKibanez":2sgngs27 said:
I have a Partcaster with Mahogany body, H H configuration with tremolo. I'm a bid Duncan JB and 59 user in almost all my guitars, I just love the sound of thoses and the way it cleans etc.

I would like to do something different, more like a Tom Anderson wonderfull sounding. I saw that the TA pups are pretty pricey so here is my question.

What pops would you recommand me to give that kind of TA sound, and if it's possible 2 pups that split wery well.

Thanks
Schecter Superrock was made by TA til 4 years ago, and can be found for decent $$. Spectacular pickup btw

Call Seymour Duncan and ask about their custom winds - good price, nice people, and quick turnaround.

This is very different, but I was really impressed with the dimarzio dominions.

My go-to for superstrats is the dimarzio liquifire in the neck. Bridge varies a lot throughout my collection.

Looking at your profile pic.. I would recommend anything blood resistant.
Or Bare Knuckles VHII's for Clarity and vibrant

Duncan PATB-1 set. And if you would like to used a 5-way super switch, let me know and I will get you a diagram that is ultra cool.

Back