Best Boost for Tightening Up An Amp

Qweklain

Recommend me a boost to tighten up my Bogner. It would be nice to not have to change the amp's settings to match the pedal and "just works" with how I set it. The previous point is of course within reason.

I absolutely love the Cusack screamer. It's one of the few pedals that makes everything sound better without overly altering the character of the amp.

Qweklain":2bcbym6q said:
Recommend me a boost to tighten up my Bogner. It would be nice to not have to change the amp's settings to match the pedal and "just works" with how I set it. The previous point is of course within reason.

Which Bogner? Are you looking for solo boost, tone change?

misterspockyall":17e8r2br said:
Qweklain":17e8r2br said:

The only one in my signature. :) Uberschall

As in my OP, looking to just tighten it up while working (within reason) with my settings as they are.

warhead78":38ogu7ge said:
I absolutely love the Cusack screamer. It's one of the few pedals that makes everything sound better without overly altering the character of the amp.

This will be the next pedal i purchase.

Qweklain":3s7vqtcx said:
misterspockyall":3s7vqtcx said:
Qweklain":3s7vqtcx said:

The only one in my signature. :) Uberschall

As in my OP, looking to just tighten it up while working (within reason) with my settings as they are.

I'm not reading all that small font :LOL: :LOL: With my rev Blue, I used to use a Koko boost that I use the Mid boost function on that seems to bring out a nice aggressive edgy mid. Lately I've just been winding the bass knob waaaaay the hell down to aroound 9o'clock and finding the amp tightens up very very well on it's own. Let us know what you go with

I still need to try the Maxon OD808. Next on my list after I sell some of the OD's that recently landed.

I use several different boosts depending on what I am looking for. My advice would be to try several and see which one gives up what sounds best for you. TS variants are popular for a reason. The standard SD1 is as well. The Timmy is more versatile and quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

This is a pic of what I am rotating on and off as needed. Not pictured is a SD1 and Mantra. Original Koko never leaves and the Cusack very rarely leaves. The Eclipse and Koko Reloaded landed this week and have not been tested yet.

Attachments

• boost web.jpg
    boost web.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,416
FWIW, I think my Ibanez TS808 is tighter and smoother than the Maxon OD808 and OD9 I used to have. The Maxons cut less low-end and the 808 is tad more transparent, though, if that's what you're after.

When I had my Uberschall, I went through a few different boosts and preferred the TS based ones. I think the TS circuit works well with the Ubers because they tighten up the low end and help tame some fizz.

Own:
86 Boss SD1
Joyo Ultimate Drive
Maxon OD808
Boss OD1X
Danelectro Fish N Chips EQ

Used to own:
Airis Savage Drive
Cusack Screamer
Bad Monkey
TS9

All are really cool pedals, just ended up preferring the first five for certain reasons.

Back