Help with can of bees/aircraft engine pedal board

romanianreaper

So I have a bunch of Keeley pedals and bought a pedaltrain board to put them on. Today I bought a Voodoo Lab Power Pedal 2 with 8 connections. I plugged in just three of the pedals and when I turn even one on, it is like attack of the killer bees with all kinds of noise, alien sounds, screeching horror movie type sounds, and the tone from an F-4 fighter jet taking off.

All of the reviews I read about the Voodoo Lab said "instantly quiet", "zero noise", etc. so I'm trying to pin down what my issue is. Here are a few things it could be and just wanted to get everyone's two cents on what it could be:

- The Voodoo Lab Power Pedal 2
- My house wiring
- The fact that I'm running the pedals into the front of my Fractal Axe-Fx II versus a traditional amp
- Cheap connector cables between the pedals

I'm not sure if there is anything else you guys can think of but just trying to pin down a few things. For the record, I'm not using a noise gate pedal at all. Thanks!

1, 2, and 4 are pretty easy to validate. I have no idea on #3 - the Frac

Power Pedal? Doubtful. Put on different outlet than Frac.
House wiring? Test house power then set it up somewhere else.
Why are you running pedals into Frac? What pedals? Try one at a time with and without battery instead of power pedal.

Doubtful it is the Pedal Power itself. Have you run a pedal board before? Into a traditional amp? Sorry if those are dumb questions, just asking :D

311splawndude":2hyfphad said:
1, 2, and 4 are pretty easy to validate. I have no idea on #3 - the Frac

Power Pedal? Doubtful. Put on different outlet than Frac.
House wiring? Test house power then set it up somewhere else.
Why are you running pedals into Frac? What pedals? Try one at a time with and without battery instead of power pedal.

Doubtful it is the Pedal Power itself. Have you run a pedal board before? Into a traditional amp? Sorry if those are dumb questions, just asking :D

LOL, no not dumb questions at all man, I appreciate it. :) I think I may have figured out part of the issue. I swapped guitar cables and seemed like alot less noise this time. I am doing an all Keeley pedalboard since him and I have known each other since we were wearing jeans jackets with buttons and eyeliner in the 80s. :LOL: :LOL: I'm going to buy one of the amps he collaborated with Supro on (RK1970) soon so I won't be going thru the Axe-Fx II after that.

I guess it could be alot of things all at once. I don't need it to be completely silent but earlier it was insanity. I couldn't believe how much noise I was getting. The battery thing is a good idea too. The pedal cables I got was like 10 for $15 so I'm sure they are "Bill Johnson's Cables" brand or something. Probably not top of the line. :)

Back