First Diezel! Einstein!

Daniel.S

Hi guys! Thought this would be a great place to ask about whether or not my new Diezel Einstein is a 50w or 100w.
The seller says it's a 50w, but when I opened it to give it a clean and look over I noticed it has four power tubes. I thought 50w's were supposed to have two?
Have I been lucky to snag a 100w? :D I would have preferred the 50w, but it sounds amazing!

Thanks!!

Haha wow! I was sort of worried when I saw the power tubes, but couldn’t find anything online!
Got this mega cheap then!
Thanks a lot!
The only thing that may be a problem is that the the cab I got is only rated for 75w haha. I was playing it for about 2-3 hours and the speaker seemed happy.

Congrats, loved my einstein since 2009, so many came and went einstein stayed. Even four other diezel models.

You got $100 watt! How much did you pay, I scored a steal at $1300 for my last MINT one. Dont crank amp and speakers will be fine, use ears/be smart.

moltenmetalburn":3ktmtplb said:
Congrats, loved my einstein since 2009, so many came and went einstein stayed. Even four other diezel models.

You got $100 watt! How much did you pay, I scored a steal at $1300 for my last MINT one. Dont crank amp and speakers will be fine, use ears/be smart.

I paid $2000AUD which is about $200 more than you paid(shipping) This one has a few little scratches here and there more on the back where the speaker inputs are. The chrome metal edge protectors are pitted, but it’s soooo good.

I was reading about Diezel combos and whether or not they made them and the Einstein was mentioned. So I had a look on eBay and there just happened to be this one head listed. I left it till the morning (I didn’t get much sleep that night hah!) and just pulled the trigger that afternoon.

Yeah still breaking in the speaker anyway. It’s a Marshall MX112 cab. Plenty enough for what I’m doing.

Welcome to the Diezel Family, Daniel.

Awesome amp - enjoy it - that amp is legend!!

Glad you're here!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Unkle Mo

Ventura":30ijl5ov said:

Unkle Mo
Thanks! I was looking for the VH4 tone in a smaller package. I don't know how close it actually is, but it sounds pretty damn close.
Apparently the Einstein shares the same transformers as the VH4? Don't know.

I can't wait to get this running with my Marshall DSL40C. ;)

Daniel.S":2ofg1smo said:
Ventura":2ofg1smo said:

Unkle Mo
Thanks! I was looking for the VH4 tone in a smaller package. I don't know how close it actually is, but it sounds pretty damn close.

It's different.

Don't worry - you're already too far gone, there's no going back. You'll be selling the DSL and whatever extras you have and will be getting a VH4 in no time flat. It's the way Diezel addiction works, don't be scared. It's a good thing :yes: :thumbsup:

Ventura":1579d9eq said:
Daniel.S":1579d9eq said:
Ventura":1579d9eq said:

Unkle Mo

It's different.

Don't worry - you're already too far gone, there's no going back. You'll be selling the DSL and whatever extras you have and will be getting a VH4 in no time flat. It's the way Diezel addiction works, don't be scared. It's a good thing :yes: :thumbsup:
Haha! Not selling the DSL as I’ll be running it with the Einstein. Going for the Adam Jones sound. ;)
This has been a great opportunity to find out first hand what a 100w amp sounds like at home. I was always worried that it was going to be too much, but the Master Volume does it’s job very well.

If I was to buy another Diezel, it would be the VH2 as it’s about $4k cheaper.

Thanks man! Just yesterday I was tuning both the Marshall and the Diezel together. It sounds huge. I’m glad I only have two 1x12’s.

Daniel.S":14t1d4p9 said:
Thanks man! Just yesterday I was tuning both the Marshall and the Diezel together. It sounds huge. I’m glad I only have two 1x12’s.

What power tubes are in your Einstein? I have EL34s at the moment, but was thinking of trying some KT77s.

joafink2":3v8kqpcn said:
Daniel.S":3v8kqpcn said:
There are four KT77’s. I have no idea about the pre amp ones.

Nice. I just put 4 JJ KT77s in my Einstein last night. LOVE THEM.

:thumbsup:

I've loved the JJ KT77 in every amp I've tried them in. Think maybe 5 or so amps. Gonna try them in this MW Dual Recto at some point and eventually will throw a quad in the Wizard.

Back